Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by Arachnoboards, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Outpost31Survivor

Outpost31Survivor Arachnobaron Active Member

Advertisement
    I rehoused my Heterometrus juvie/subadult in a Exo Terra mini 12x12x12. I have 3.5-4" of eco-earth, 4 pieces of cork bark (warm hide) and a broken terracotta flower pot (cold hide). And a waterdish which I plan to replace with a smaller one. Some spagnum moss.

Attached Files:

2. Kitara

Kitara Arachnoknight Active Member

US
    My baby got a new home and I just love it!! 3" c. cyaneopubescens and it is an 8" cube.
    20190928_014356.jpg 20190928_014553.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. Pyroxian

Pyroxian Arachnopeon

4. Kitara

Kitara Arachnoknight Active Member

US
    Oh I just love it SO much. It's from DreamCo plastics. It's super clear, very well made, and came packaged super secure. This one is 8" square, but they custom build so you can get anything. Now, the downside was that it took 8 weeks to get it. The total was $35 and shipping was $15. I chose the 1/4" acrylic (vs 1/8") so that added a little bit of cost, but worth it. I will 100% use them again.

Edit: They DO have premade stuff that doesn't take 8 weeks. Only the custom builds take that long.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. TwiztedNinja

TwiztedNinja Arachnosquire Active Member

4.5" A. chalcodes, 4" B. albopilosum, 2.5" Avic avic, 1" C. versicolor, 0.5" A. chalcodes

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Outpost31Survivor

Very nice set ups and enclosures. Where did you get those first two enclosures (A.chalcodes & B.albopilosum) btw?

7. TwiztedNinja

Thank you. They are shoe stackable drawers from The Container Store. 13 x 13 x 8 or something like that

I like that they're clear, light, square, stackable, readily available locally, and provide good depth :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. My female 9" O. Schioedtei.
    And female 7" P. Regalis.

And i also like the sling enclosure for a P. Irminia. Got these from a whole seller in PET products in Germany. If interested they ship worldwide i think, i could share the details.:angelic:
    I think its very nice to have the same kind of enclosure style and shape for juvi's and slings. They are even available in 1.2L size. I keep my crickets in them or bigger T's.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. TwiztedNinja

Found these enclosures at the reptile show this weekend and decided to rehouse my 2.5" Avic avic into one of these from the Exo Terra. Used the other enclosure for a 1.5" Avic avic

Really like how the enclosures look, and there are plenty of ventilation holes. Front access door slides up and down, also has holes, and magnets at the bottom to hold it in place

Also attached a photo of my 5.5" B. smithi and G. pulchripes in their current enclosures that I acquired this weekend. Trying to decide if they should be moved or left in them as they've been in these for a long time. They are now the biggest T's I own :)

Lastly, 6 of our T's together in one photo. lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Outpost31Survivor

I replaced my Zoo Med spagnum moss with a compressed brick of Exo-Terra forest moss. Basically I have 4" of coconut forest bedding filled just below the lockable dual doors. For the warm gradient hide I have two small cork bark hides sitting end-on-end and covered with a layer of forest moss. I have two thin broken pieces of cork bark jamming the corner cork bark hide flush against the terrarium glass. The cold gradient hide is simply a small broken terracotta flower pot. Then I filled-in every nook and cranny with additional substrate and/or forest moss so crickets or roaches have no where to hide (or more importantly no where to get trapped and die I don't want to be tearing up my set-up by fishing out dead bugs).

Attached Files:

11. Gnarled Gnome

Gnarled Gnome Arachnoknight Active Member

US
    Finally finished and populated the 360 degree terrarium. Wanted a 360 view for my Damon diadema (1 male, 1 gravid female) with the "background" in the center and mimicking a natural environment. Altered some cork bark to suit their needs. The "branch" is a hide where I can see them easily. The water table is deep because it will house a fogger, that will vent from a small branch built for that purpose. Unfortunately the submersible fogger I had isn't powerful enough.
    20191103_121311.jpg 20191103_121301.jpg
    20191103_121332.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. TwiztedNinja

Juvenile B. vagans

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Outpost31Survivor

My subadult Heterometrus spinifer terrarium and set-up:

Attached Files:

14. Outpost31Survivor

Another closer pic.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.