Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Sundan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Interesting, i actually have a problem with "fruit flies" lookalikes,does the isopods eat the eggs or what ? If so i have to try get some pods and it might solve my problem :)

melonysbaby

Arachnopeon
well i just finished another vivarium this one is a 29 gallon. for a friend. she is going to put poison dart frogs in it. the is my second attempt at making a waterfall and back ground. i think it went pretty well. its not up and running yet. this is just a pic of it right after i finished it. it still needs to be cleaned. :)

these pics are of a T enclosure i just finished today also. i am making this for my new T that i just ordered. my new baby is Phormictopus cancerides 5". i am so excited about getting her home. (i dont really no if it is a male or female really) and she will be going in here once she is home. oh and i also got a Cyclosternum fasciatum 1-2". i cant wait i am so excited i feel like it is christmas morning. lol. anyways here are the pics of the new enclosure i just finished. i will be adding more subsrtate to it too. oh and it needs to be cleaned too. lol.

drizdd

Arachnopeon

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GRkzzu2zDAI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GRkzzu2zDAI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
nice :clap:
May I ask you, what are you used to give such a nice colors, is it safe for spiders. And does H. incei make damage for the setup?

wonderful :worship:

varanidfan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No problem. I use non toxic acrylic hobby paints. You can find them at most hobby stores and Walmart carries them as well. They are all natural, permanent and have not caused any problems for any of my T's. I use these backgrounds in most of my enclosures.

I mix the paints to achieve the color I desire. The cement that I use I also mix paint in with it to get a base color then add detail after it dries.

The incei have not caused damage yet. I dont think the small T's can get through the cement layer.

¥AMEON

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
[¥] Enclosure update [¥]

Eclosure overview with Closed Door's on the left Picture.
Open RightSide door on the Right picture.

TopDown Shot of the HighTech lair.

CloseUpShot in to the Lair.

The owner of the Enclosure in her favourite huntingSpot.

Elclosure Inhabitant Scpecies:
Avicularia Avicularia

shakw0n

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I finished those 2 mini-enclosures a few days ago.
Sizes 3.9" x 3.9" x 5.9"
I made them for 2 scorpions

Chaika

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some new enclosures and shuffling about

Since I will hopefully be receiving two new spiders at the end of the week I've had to rearrange some of my existing occupants and create some new enclosure habitats.

First I moved my scorpion, Sebastian (Heterometrus petersii), to a slightly smaller tank that I already had. He still has his deep pre-built burrow, which he adopted almost immediately and a moist jungle setup.

Sebastian's original tank was stripped, cleaned and set up for my new arrival, a subadult female Euathlus sp. blue. I had a look at some habitat pictures and read that this species lives on the beach, in between sand dunes in burrows under rocks. So I did my best to recreate a bit of beach with a rocky semi-buried hide (hope she likes it!)

The substrate is a 50/50 mix of coir and vermiculite as a base layer, with about 25/25/50 of vermiculite,coir, and calci-sand on top. The plants are some plastic decorative 'grass' from a garden centre. I will also add a rocky waterbowl when I've found a suitable piece of stone!

I'm particularly proud of my lid, which I made myself with bits and bobs from the local DIY store :D

The next enclosure is a for my Acanthogonatus sp. green female that should also be arriving by the end of this week. I've given her a piece of leaning corkbark for a hide and lots of web anchor points on the plants as I heard that this species webs a lot.

Can't wait to get both of these beauties!!

shakw0n

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
shakw0n nice A. versicolor terrarium. Love the backdrop. How did you make it?
Thanks
I carved one piece of styrofoam with a small cutter then I applied some silicone over the styrofoam and put coco humus over the silicone and let if dry for 2 days. I used nontoxic silicone
You can search on youtube for some tutorials, i`m sure u`ll find one

varanidfan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I recently bought a pair of Avicularia sp. perus so I had to whip up a new cage for the female. the male is smaller and will be going into something more simple. I found this cage at my friends local pet shop. The company is called Reptology and the cage is 12 x 12 x 18. It's larger than a 5 gal and just a tad smaller than the 10 gal. I didnt have time or the materials to whip up my normal arboreal cage with plexi front so I went the easy way. I just made a background, cut a piece of plexi to block off some of the ventilation on the top. I also made the wooden center piece.

pics:

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, this is my arboreals cupboard. It's built especially to hold tall, narrow enclosures - built it myself. These pics where taken when I first built it, so no babie sin it at the time, but I am in the process of upgrading it a bit, so I will post update pics when it's done. Anyways, enough babbling, here's the cupboard:

thumpersalley

Roach Lovers Mom
Old Timer
Kims enclosures

Heres some pics of our setups & shelves. Since we allow tours in our home & we also do presentations at schools, our enclosures are setup that way at all times during the day. Kim

Last edited:

¥AMEON

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
[¥] Terrarium Evolution [¥]

This is how it look's nowerday's after numerous
modification's by me and the Terrarium's owner,
who is a Lady of Species: Avicularia Avicularia