Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

varanidfan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Snowed in still so I made some more progress on the H. incei communal tank. Heres what I got done today.

Sundan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cool, im planing to start a H.Incei communal too this spring/summer,how will you start yours ?

With a bunch of slings or with a mated female ?

varanidfan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I started a 20 gal tall communal with 12 slings 11 months ago. They are already breeding and I have a bunch of 2nd and 3rd instars running around. I am moving my established communal over to the new enclosure so it can support a larger number of adults. The tank they are in now basically will overcrowd too fast.
I would of finished but ran out of vermiculite and substrate. Damn blizzard!
the completed lid w/ 3" vents

Start of cage decoration

Chaika

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I started a 20 gal tall communal with 12 slings 11 months ago. They are already breeding and I have a bunch of 2nd and 3rd instars running around. I am moving my established communal over to the new enclosure so it can support a larger number of adults. The tank they are in now basically will overcrowd too fast.
That is a really ace-looking enclosure!! Can't wait to see it all webbed up :D

Sundan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some of my T:s picks up the molt and carry it out from their hide, how does the H.Incei do ?

Fily

Arachnopeon

Start of cage decoration

Wow,its beautiful! I love it! Stunning... :drool::eek::clap::worship::D

varanidfan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I find molts laying around from time to time. Not many though. Probably about 4 over the last year and only the bigger ones.

thanks for the compliments. I appreciate it!

Sundan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im so communal horny so i forgot to say GJ !

(And dont forget to post the rest of the series ,and i would also very much like to see the old one )

varanidfan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good job Gavin! Love the moss and fern.

Here's the old communal that I am transferring the H. incei from.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks Scott, I love your setups! :) I wish I had the space in my apartment for so many display tanks.

varanidfan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There's always room for displays! I am the same way. I prefer the displays so I keep less overall but all my T's have really elaborate set ups.

heres the rest of the communal swap:

Ok, heres the last part aside from future updates as the colony takes hold and begins producing again.

The tank is finished and I moved the adults and about 60 or so slings to the new communal. Only 6 adults were alive out of the 12 original animals I put in. 3 MM's and 3 MF's. All 3 females had produced offspring, the first 2 had 2nd and 3rd instar slings and the 3rd female had a sac, which I pulled to incubate artificially. The biggest female also appears to be gravid again (double clutch?) I left out 30 or so slings to raise seperate so I can start a breeding group not in the communal so I dont have to disturb it ever again.

Here are a few pics:
New communal now complete

Old communal after transfer (and ready for new home!)

Mature females:

Slings:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YKSkjc3JuXA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YKSkjc3JuXA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Last edited:

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Incredible man, well done :clap:

A H. incei communal is something to dream about for the future when I have more room

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Amazing set-up and wonderful looking display tank.
I'm currently looking at H. vilosella as a community and will hopefully get slings from 2 different bloodlines.

Could you give us an idea of the conditions (temps, humidity, feeding) you are keeping these in please.

Sundan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great job,looks really nice :)

I am also interested in some details, as in feeding,cleaning and so on.

:worship:

LovePets

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The most awesome tarantule tank I have ever seen.I love h incei,I heva only one but she(I hope is a she)is awesome,one of the best looking T.:D

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heres a budget set up for those"gunna grow out of it soon"stage T`s

rehoused one of my P. irminias.....wipped up this enclosure for her...

old,beside the new....a nice upgrade me thinks....

varanidfan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks!

I feed weekly and usually put in 2x food per predator, i.e. if I have 40 T's I'll toss in 80-100 mixed sized roaches and or crickets. I offer dubias, latteralis, and crickets. As far as temps go, it's all room temps which is in the low 70's in the winter and up to the 80's in the summer and spring. On the coldest of nights I'll turn on a heat lamp, or in the case of the new enclosure I have a piece of heat tape under the tank on a T-stat. I've never paid attention to the humidity to be honest, after a year, the bottom layer in the old tank was still moist. I saturated the top layers of the substrate every other week and will continue doing the same with the new cage.

Cleaning is simple, I let the isopods do it, once a year I'll toss in some Hypo aspis miles predatory mites as preventitive for fruit flies, spring tails usually end up in there sometimes too as well as common house spiders.