Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

kingrattus

Arachnoknight
wouldn't the bones rot as time goes by?
They are over 20yrs old & have been in her tank for 4yrs. They are in the same condition as they were in 20yrs go. If they were in water then yes they would rot much faster.. but sitting on the bark stuff they don't get that wet.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
KK mod tutorial

Heres a little KK modification tutorial, as requested by a couple board members....enjoy!

my glue gun, and cordless drill...makin this project easy as pie:D

Heres the candidate up for modification, a small size KK for one of my H incei

Already have the pieces cut, and screen glue'd in, for the lid...

a quick mock to make sure the lid fits nicely...

size comparison...

Mark and drill the holes to mount the hinge....then start the screws...

repeat wit the bottom piece...

...tighten screws....

now the door/lid will pivot on the hinge, allowing you to open wit ease...

Now lay a beed of hot glue on the lower portion of the KK, to mount the door/lid assembly

make sure you leave the rim of the KK exposed at the to of the lid area...this is to mount thelatch system...

drill 2 holes on either end of the top rim portion..

I cut up an old tupperware container for the latches...usually use the rim area of the tupperware.

the mount into previously drilled holes...

Repeat on the other side, and bang!...you good to go!

for this one, i cut a bottle cap in half,a nd glue'd it on the lid to used as door handle

If you wanna run it arboreal style, jus stand er' up...

Finished product...

toss in some coco, moss, and other various pieces...plus a H. incei, and you got yourself set up!

Hope this helps everyone out!

thanx for lookin:D

Last edited:

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heres a little KK modification tutorial, as requested by a couple board members....enjoy!
Thats really great man, thanks for posting.

A coupla points: instead of using screws, use small bolts and nuts. Also, have the heads inside of the tank (that way the points of the screws/bolts aren't facing in where a spider might hurt themselves on them, especially in an arboreal setup.

Good stuff though!

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thats really great man, thanks for posting.

A coupla points: instead of using screws, use small bolts and nuts. Also, have the heads inside of the tank (that way the points of the screws/bolts aren't facing in where a spider might hurt themselves on them, especially in an arboreal setup.

Good stuff though!
Dude!...forgot to mention that i snip the threaded portion of the screws off wit side cutters...then a little blob of hot glue to dull the situation;)....thanx for the reminder, almost, well actually forgot to post that..

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dude!...forgot to mention that i snip the threaded portion of the screws off wit side cutters...then a little blob of hot glue to dull the situation;)....thanx for the reminder, almost, well actually forgot to post that..
That works too :)

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The hinges i buy come wit screws, i should look for hinges wit the nut/bolt style fasteners.....

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Or just buy 'em separately. They're fairly inexpensive and you can get exactly the size you need. I buy the hinges, put the screws aside for other things, and find bolts just long enough to go through the materials and nut. And just in case, I always have the bolt heads facing into the tank. Though a dab of silicone would probably be even better.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You`d think wit me working at autoparts store, i would have lots of nuts and bolts layin around......lol

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
New setup for my new girl

Nhandu coloratovillosus comming this week cant wait . Here is a terrestrial setup for her.

Last edited:

Freequed

Arachnopeon
In America you have a lot of these grasses.. maybe other because it is the Polish.

Everything is natural in the terrarium.

I will give you the link with tutorial this terrarium on polish forum. First photo, where grass. and sand also.

http://www.forum.bestiae.pl/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1895

--

This is my first natural terrarium and not the last ;) problem with tropical 5 terr... in Poland there is no rain forest and there are no deserts... ;(

but now the holidays and free ;)

Last edited:

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here are my terarriums. Both are same design, just difrent layouts(one terrestrial and one arboreal.

B. smithi terarrium:

A. versicolor terarrium:

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer

The vials are in there because that's how I put the spiders in there. Once they left the vials, I removed them.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is step by step how I made my A. versicolor one and soon another one for another arboreal spicies. All units are in millimeters. The glass is 6mm thick but you can have thinner glass, I just want to be sure it doesen't break so easy. The drawback is that enclosure is a bit heavy becouse of this.

A- ground 300x230
B-left side 300x390
C-right side 300x390
D-front side 218x80
E-back 218x390
F-top 230x172
G-door 319x212
H-net 225x115
J-L profile 10x13
K-U profile 8x8

When we clean the glass we first use ground(A) and on to it we glue the sides B;C;D and E:

After one day, I cut the remaining silicone with a knife:

I measure from the top of left side(B) to the top of front side(D):

I take U profile(K) and I measure it 1mm more, than I brush it to get the right mesurement:

I glue the both cut U profiles(K) with silicone to the sides and press:

When the both profiles(K) are glued, I insert the door(G) to see if they fit:

I set the top and net and I measure the L profile(J) again 1mm more and then brush it to mthe right measurement:

I glue the top and remaining glass where the net comes:

Then I press the net(H). Around is the safety from the band saw:

I put some more silicone so that I can glue on the L profiles(J):

I wait one more day that silicone hardens, I cut the remaining silicone off and then I clean very well whole enclosure with hot water:

And thats it! The design can be changed ofcourse for custom mesurements and I make very similar for terrestrial species.