Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Yes tis a bit of the old sarky for our droogs across the pond ;P.

Edit: You see Eddy knows full well that Steve knows what he is doing but pokes fun in a "matey" way (often known as banter) i myself was going to tell Steve it looked like he had been to a builders yard to get sub for his spider tanks (the RDS looks a lot like builders sand here in the UK).

Last edited:

TRON

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is the same klugi setup posted a while ago whit some redecoration. I took out the artificial burrow and now it´s about 90% natural stuff.

40x40x25cm

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Eddy,Chris, Bill, and all the folk your side of the pond.

I can understand why you'd ask, because most T's can't be kept on sand, that said, only the Selenotypus & Selenotholus have adapted to life on red desert sand, they had to, Australia is full of the stuff ;) Just one of the big bonuses to keeping the Aussie desert T's, highly adapted little critters.

Most sands are terrible for most spiders, however RDS is a little different to your normal sands too, it has a reasonable clay content, holds better than any other sands and IS the natural substrata these arid zone selenocosmiines are from. In fact, they are so highly evolved to live on the stuff, in areas with black soil and desert sand, spiders such as Selenotypus plumipes will actually choose the sand to burrow in. Buy some of the kids and give it a go ;)

It's not everyday you keep spiders like this, so I understand the confusion, but, don't panic for my sanity, I've got it under control boys ;)

P.S. hercules: It's nice to see your woman posting here (hi Chris) :p

Cheers,
Steve

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
steve, i know it is. i was trying to be funny. actually i know i was funny!

bloody hell... sand as substrate what's next..... burrowing rosea?

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'll be getting an adult red knee soon and I would love to set up the tank like a mexican desert. Is sand safe to use with Ts then?

octoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Shots of my female 4" Aphonopelma seemani's home.

10 gallon equipped with 2 fake plants, some white rocks, peat moss as substrate, a water dish, and a log to hide in.

Maikardaaion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Piece of my room ;)
Sorry for the lousy photos...

From the top left: Psalmopoeus c. 2x Poecilotheria sp.; two next shelves are Poecilotheria sp.; At the bottom some diggers, behind the black screen.ne ekranem podziemniaki.
Another shelf stack, from the top are Scolopendra sp. tanks, and the diggers at the very bottom.

Almost the same except for the additional terrariums on the top lest - amblypygids tanks, on the second shelf-stand form the top - amblypygids, scolopendra sp. and some arboreals at the bottom. C. shioedtei in a temporary box on top of amblypygids ;)

Just some other angles

form the left P. cambridgei, 2x Poecilotheria sp.

2x Poecilotheria sp.

2x Poecilotheria sp.

2x Poecilotheria sp.

3x Scolopendra sp.

2x Scolopendra sp.

1x Scolopendra sp.

from the left S. calceata, H. maculata, P. formosa

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOW Maikardaaion- Make me some enclosures and send them over my way please. Haha, if it were possible, I'd pay big bucks. ;)

Austin

Maikardaaion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks!

It took some time (and money ;) to construct everything...
It's nice you like it :)

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very very nice indeeed.:clap: Wonderfull setup.

Are those tanks all hand made? if they are then props for sure, well done. But if they can be pruchased I really would like to know where you can get them please :)

Maikardaaion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The glass tanks are of mine design but can be odrered and done by a friend of mine who runs a glazier workshop ;) (PM me for details, it's no place here to write about it). The inside is made by me using the method described earlier in this thread.

TRON

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The glass tanks are of mine design but can be odrered and done by a friend of mine who runs a glazier workshop ;) (PM me for details, it's no place here to write about it). The inside is made by me using the method described earlier in this thread.
Amazing terrariums and so well organized. Congratulations!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow! what craftsmanship, I love the setup! How did you make the sides of the terrariums? Fiberglass?

ronin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Maikardaaion - That's an incredible set-up. Once I can afford it, I'll hire you as my T room architect/designer. :)