Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Aunt Ant

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is my A.avicularia's tank, a 10 gallon set upward on its side, with a sliding lid. You can see her lair on the top left.

Don't mind the poo... :8o

That's a peice of grapewood I found at a gardening store. I think they are used for attaching air plants to. The size was perfect, like it was made for the tank. As you see, she used it as a foundation for her webbing.

I was lucky enough to catch Zukin taking a drink :eek: :cool:{D (Never saw that before :eek: ) For the water dish, I use a weathered-looking chalice meant for plants. It came with a plastic cup, and was pretty deep, so I filled it with gravel. The twiggy thing on the bottom of the pic is what i use as a retaining wall for the vermiculite substrate

Bottoms up! ;)

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
^love the live plants....i want to order some kind of plant for my avic tank to keep the humidity up. Anything good on blackjungle.com for avic tank?

Aunt Ant

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In choosing plants, I walked through a garden nursery and looked for ones I liked that were specifically low-light.
On blackjungle.com I see they have plant collections for sale; the tropical plant sampler and easy grower collections look pretty good to me. Especially the easy grower, since it says they can tolerate a variety of conditions, and the care isn't complicated.
Air plants would be a nice addition too, but I don't think they significantly raise humidity. They look very nice

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just got some new cubes in, they are 4"x4"x7.25"
they look so nice i cant wait to get them all set up.
Here are some photos:

Set up arboreal stile:

And on its side for a smithi.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks! I think they are quite awsome! I love how they look!
I got my cubes HERE. lol if you want to buy some LMK,

~Samuel

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
great looking enclosure aunt ant!your avic looks very happy in there :]

Norsken

Arachnopeon
Made a new enclosure for my Rosea, it's an Exo-terra(like most of my enclosers)

Also got me an Avicularia avicularia yesterday, this is what i made for her...

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
M. robustum in her new enclosure

i may re-house my P. regalis female into this one

creepycrawley

Arachnopeon
Hi people of the world i have just joined so her is my first post of the beggining of my collection im from the uk by the way i hope to make some good friends on here.

creepycrawley

Arachnopeon
sorry

p.s sorry about the quality of the pictures i took them on my phone ill have to get a good camera also the first pictures are of my h.lividum set up if you can make it out lol and the second is mu b.smithi

.luke.

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my tanks

first one i made will hold 4 pterinochilus murinis i went crazy with the silicone.next is Avicularia avicularia in 10 gallon.then my Poecilotheria rufilata in a exo terra.last is my beardies female on top male on botton they are in 40 gallon tanks.

neanyoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
M. robustum in her new enclosure
Nice. I use those tall tupperware ones you have in the top left corner of this picture! they work great. the container store right? i went that day after i asked you where to get those acrylic cubes.. and walked out with a bunch of those instead. they work great for juvie arboreals!

Arthur

Arachnopeon
Nice pics all of you, now it's my turn to show off a bit! =)

The set.

Grand Canyon pic. =)

Phormictopus Auratus & Ps. Irminia terrariums together.

Also lots of Oniscoidea poterring round in Irminia's terrarium to protect from mould and Acarina.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics all of you, now it's my turn to show off a bit! =)

The set.

Grand Canyon pic. =)

Phormictopus Auratus & Ps. Irminia terrariums together.

Also lots of Oniscoidea poterring round in Irminia's terrarium to protect from mould and Acarina.
That rolly polly is a good idea, does it clean things up pretty good? Well to a degree? I think I may try that.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice. I use those tall tupperware ones you have in the top left corner of this picture! they work great. the container store right? i went that day after i asked you where to get those acrylic cubes.. and walked out with a bunch of those instead. they work great for juvie arboreals!
.....yep {D

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Large terrestrial measuring: 16"x8"x8"

Top down view showing hinges, vents (cricket chew proof!) and locks.

Small terrestrial measuring: 10"x5"x7" will be home to a desert scorp of some sort. Used natural black sand with this one as well as some volcanic looking rock.

Small terrestrial measuring: 10"x5"x7" will be home to a desert scorp of some sort. Went with a yellowish-red type look with some nice rocks.

Large arboreal measuring: 8"x8"x16"

Top view of large arboreal showing vents, hinges and locks.

3 small arboreals.

-Dave-
WOW. Awesome enclosures..did you get them from tarantulacages?

Arthur

Arachnopeon
That rolly polly is a good idea, does it clean things up pretty good? Well to a degree? I think I may try that.
There's NO mould at all since those wood louse are there. They eat everething that tarantulas won't. Also they are very strong covered not to be hurt by predators, and are not seem to destorb spiders.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so i tried adjusting shelves again. each unit is 18" x 48" x 74". i really need a couple more shelves, not another shelving unit. :(
i also decided to cover the upper portions of the exposed sides of the units, to discourage my youngest (and most mischievous) cat from getting up there and knocking over cages. i have a couple of baby king baboons who have felt class 5 earthquakes one too many times.

the big container on the bottom right is a b. lateralis colony. on that same shelf is a box of mantids and a smaller box of d. tityus beetle grub/egg jars.
the shelf above that is reserved for sling jars/cups/vials and the hisser roach colony. the 3 empty KKs on the right shelving unit are for tomorrow's arrivals. :D