Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

my P. rufilata's new tank. i was originally looking for the same type of tank i keep my H. longipes in, but i couldn't find it. instead, i got this thing, which is actually a penn-plax "the bubbler" aquarium bottom filter. i corked up the pipe holes with the lid on a Ph testing vial and a fragment of an aquarium plant.

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
live moss is extremely difficult to keep alive. not to mention the pests that live in it. I forget what other method is used to kill them off.. I just freeze the moss, then let it thaw.. kills the infestations and not the moss. what you are using will not live, I promise.
my knowledge comes from being the live moss provider for an exotic petshop here in town. I have secret locations to endless amounts of "almost" any kind of live moss a person could want. The moss is used mainly in dart frog displays. And thus far only 2 types have been kept alive to the point of growth.

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
which reminds me, if anyone wants to purchase live moss hit me up.

live sphagnum is the most abundant!

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
new set up for my puerto rican pinktoe.
Found a new critter keeper design that works perfect for these guys. There is a door that slides upon and snaps shut on the front. He can web the corners and the top of this enclousure all he wants and i will probably never have to disturb his webbing.

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you're right, Novak. but thanks to john for looking out for me! man, i love this board, everyone really keeps an eye out for one another.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Setup for 3.5" Acanthoscurria geniculata
-Terrestrial
-10gal reptile terrarium
-100% peat moss
-Artificial plants

piranhanet

Arachnopeon
My little Green Bottle Blue

Hi,
Tari from TURKEY.

İt's come from U.K.

My spiderling, looks like this spiderling.
I'll make 30*30*40 terrarium.

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just thought I'd point out that some of the plants you have, if real, look like succulents, and as such will need full sunlight to grow or they will get all leggy and look a mess!

This one in your tank , the greysih one at the front,is one I have in my garden, a Sedum:

epiphone

Arachnopeon
hmm chilobrachys enclosure:

Brachypelma albopilosum enclosure:

Chilobrachys huahini enclosure:

other Chilobrachys huahini enclosure:

hmm and this is a enclosure for a Brachypelma klaasi

hehe sorry if the pics are bad:?

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
selenocosmiines from the Red Desert

Hi,
Arid zone selenocosmiine setups (on Aus. Red Desert Sand), with backing, mud/fossil rock and artificial plants. One of the best reason to have these IMO :) Red desert setups are fun ;)

Selenotypus plumipes:

Selenocosmia stirlingi (note the leaf fossil on the rock on the right):

Selenotypus sp. "NEBO":

Selenotholus sp. "BLACK":

Cheers,
Steve

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Tcrazy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
some tarantulas in there natual habitat live around sand. i dont see why it would hurt them.

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Oh please someone tell me that the last two posts were just jokes or?:rolleyes: :wall:

cheers
Chris

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
some tarantulas in there natual habitat live around sand. i dont see why it would hurt them.

I'm with you and Novak.

I see no problem with this. If this is the species natural habitat substrate/way of living, then what in the hells wrong with it? Also, Steve is very experienced in the field of this hobby, what he does and how he does it is usually 110% correct, no need to criticize him and the way he likes to do things.

Austin

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here are my enclosures for my 1.5 inch A. purpurea and my 1" P. regalis sling.

I used a 4.5" tall, 1.5" diameter plastic vial with vent holes drilled on top and bottom. It has worked well so far.

Left: A. purpurea. It used to be a small tube web on one side where the twig was located. But ever since the sling has grown it made the whole enclosure as its tube web.

Right: P. regalis. I like to decorate this one because it will not mess it up with web.