Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

ZOKU

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey.

I found them at a local store that sells everything from food to chainsaws. They're supposed to be used to store grain, rice etc. Thought they were perfect for small spiders.
*nod* They are definitly cool looking enclosures... seems like they're perfect for T's!

The Shadow

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
New P. irminia display case

Got it from the container store. I was going to get the football display case, but this was better for my little 3" guy. http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=233&PRODID=61435

I went to Michaels and Anne and Hope to find the cubes many others used, but both stores in my area had none. The case splits in half, the long way, if you get what I mean. So it is tough to get the substrate and other stuff (the spider as well) in there. There were no open top cubes I could find. The case measures 10-1/2" x 5-1/4" x 4" h

Today I bought a 2.5 gallon for $10 :wall: and I was drilling holes and the glass cracked so I got this. :evil:

Attachments

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
H.Lividum Enclosure

Have a go at these pix, It's what I've got my Cobalt in, and it works pretty well! Pretty amazing what ya can do when your girly keeps fish and has a couple extra plastic folgers coffee cans layin' auround the house :p :)

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How deeps the substrate in there?
it should really be around 6 inches at least.

redknee_freak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice setup
if that is for your Cobalt, you won't need that can at all. I rather dig themselves a home more than anything. It's like they live or have a need to borrow.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice setup
if that is for your Cobalt, you won't need that can at all. I rather dig themselves a home more than anything. It's like they live or have a need to borrow.
It works well for her to hide under, She's already webbed up the whole hole (found that a toilet paper tube made a good starter burrow for her, and it's now extended to the length of the enclosure) But she's doing great!

ESONE

Arachnopeon
the spider looks huge in there.... intesting setup i like the vertical moss

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If the case opens the long way, isn't that going to make it rather awkward for feeding/maintenance?

ESONE

Arachnopeon
If the case opens the long way, isn't that going to make it rather awkward for feeding/maintenance?
It was awkward, very. I sawed the top off and sealed up the sides and it came out awsome. I re-did it because I noticed he stuck himself in the corner and looked stuck. Ill post a pic of the new setup, even though it looks basically the same. Now nothing spills out! ~ The Shadow on ESONES name.

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Careful with using toilet paper as a starter of a burrow, the fact that its at least semi buried and forms, i assume, the walls of the burrow the increase of a constant humidity and the pressures of the damp soil will make the paper eventually fall apart, most likely rot. If it also forms the bottom of the burrow, the chances are that when the T relaxes, itl rest his abdomen on the 'possibly moldy' roll, transfering the mold... possibly... onto the book lungs.
I personally would just bury hand/fingers and pat down the ground around, then simply pull em out, works fine for starting one:)

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Careful with using toilet paper as a starter of a burrow, the fact that its at least semi buried and forms, i assume, the walls of the burrow the increase of a constant humidity and the pressures of the damp soil will make the paper eventually fall apart, most likely rot. If it also forms the bottom of the burrow, the chances are that when the T relaxes, itl rest his abdomen on the 'possibly moldy' roll, transfering the mold... possibly... onto the book lungs.
I personally would just bury hand/fingers and pat down the ground around, then simply pull em out, works fine for starting one:)

The Tube isn't in there, Just used it to make the starting hole :p

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe it's just me cause it's hard to see the actual size of the tank but I do know that my female irminia loves her space and it doesn't look like there is much room for yours to roam in there. Mine is a bit of a "digger" too.

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe it's just me cause it's hard to see the actual size of the tank but I do know that my female irminia loves her space and it doesn't look like there is much room for yours to roam in there. Mine is a bit of a "digger" too.

Gotta agree with Pinklady here, our big girl loves to dig and move about... you may wanna add another 3 or 4 inchs of soil in there, you'll be amazed how fast they can actually dig. I keep ours in a 15 gallon glass tank set up with tons of cork to climb on, and about 6 - 8 inchs of invert Mix,, she webs everything up,, plus digs little burrows all over the place.

Nick.

Arachnopeon
Some of my enclosures sorry for the lowsy pics light wasnt all that good.

Greetings from The Netherlands.{D

The Shadow

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Gotta agree with Pinklady here, our big girl loves to dig and move about... you may wanna add another 3 or 4 inchs of soil in there, you'll be amazed how fast they can actually dig. I keep ours in a 15 gallon glass tank set up with tons of cork to climb on, and about 6 - 8 inchs of invert Mix,, she webs everything up,, plus digs little burrows all over the place.
I see what your saying. The spider is 3" and does put soil in its mouth :? and brings it up and dumps it on the web. The tank is 10-1/2" x 5-1/4" x 4" h. I guess this may be a little on the small side, but I don't see it moving around the tank much, he just chills near/on his web. Do you think I should get a bigger tank? I did add substrate btw.

The Shadow

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just got a bigger box and modified it for the T. Took your advice guys and now it has much more room.

redknee_freak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some of my enclosures sorry for the lowsy pics light wasnt all that good.

Greetings from The Netherlands.{D

Nick, you have some outstanding setups, that is my opinion.

Would like to get enclosures like that.

Will be looking forward seeing more posts made by you of your enclosures

redknee_freak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ASlo love your auratum, but thats cuz Brachy's are my fav

how bug is your's and what size is he or she

what other inverts do you keep