Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

RL600

Arachnopeon
I know this section is just for pictures and no banter but, that tank needs to have the substrate removed, use some dry peat or dry soil and lose the bark chips, add around 4 inches or so...

Regards, Mike
thank you, ive already been talking to cheetah13mo about that, and have received much help.
already removed the sponge, and buying bed-a-beast tomorrow.
im new to all of this, so i greatly appreciate the suggestions.

why does the pet store tell you to put a sponge and sell you that substrate if they should have something else in there. sign. i'm glad i found this website to get better information.

thanks.
rl.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thank you, ive already been talking to cheetah13mo about that, and have received much help.
already removed the sponge, and buying bed-a-beast tomorrow.
im new to all of this, so i greatly appreciate the suggestions.

why does the pet store tell you to put a sponge and sell you that substrate if they should have something else in there. sign. i'm glad i found this website to get better information.

thanks.
rl.
Go ahead and repost this question in the Tarantula Questions and Discusions instead of here. Thanx

SkorpNtrants

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G. rosea.
10 gallon fish tank [dont know measurements]

I just got her like 2-3 weeks ago. I named her Princess. She's awesome. My first tarantula, and as you can see I'm already getting in to it. I just put this together for her today. I've done A LOT of reading on here. She used to have a small little Kritter Keeper and i felt bad she just had that half log thing in there, so i gave her a [pretty big] upgrade. So far she loves it from what i can see. For about 5 minutes or so she didnt move, but now shes crawling all around getting used to it. I, as well as she, have made a few changes to it since the picture though. Fake plants, btw.

I want to get some sort of soil [bed-a-beast??] and do something different actually. Maybe give her some room to dig or whatever she wants to do.. Comments? Suggestions? I'm new to the tarantula scene, so let me know what you think.

I love the hide, where did you get it if you don't mind me asking... I have not seen that kind before.

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My Psalmo cambridgei in the sweet jar,complete with piece of bark held in place with wire

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Oh and a shot of the bark from the rear of the jar. I figured tying it in with wire would not only avoid using glue but would also give 2 extra air holes!

TarantulaCages.com

Arachnopeon
Acrylic Cages

These are hand made acrylic cages made just for tarantulas. They have lockable hasps, hinged doors, screen vents, handles, and are made of 3/16" thick acrylic sheets.

I have them available for sale on my website: TarantulaCages.com

They are currently available in the following sizes:
Arboreal Adult 8"x8"x16" (LxWxH)

Arboreal Juvenile 6"x5"x10" (LxWxH)

Terrestrial Adult 16"x7"x10" (LxWxH)

Terrestrial Juvenile 10"x5"x7" (LxWxH)

I can also make custom built to order cages by request.

Let me know what you think by Private Messaging me or contacting me through my website.

Thanks!
Adam
TarantulaCages.com

Ruby

Arachnopeon
1) Setup for adult male G. rosea potting soil and neopeat, bark, flowerpot and some flint

2) Setup for juvinile G. pulchra neopeat, self made hide and bark

Last edited:

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Here's my B. smithi's terrarium. I spoiled her with a 10-gallon, since she's the only T I have and probably will ever get.
The substrate is 100% peat moss, the plants are all artificial, and the shelter is a natural wooden log.
The image in the back is of course MC Pee Pants and the Aquateens. :rolleyes:

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
How many people have said that! ;)

I only wanted one T, now I have 4(plus a Tegenaria, and possibly a Red Knee for Fathers day)
Haha you got me. To tell the truth, I've actually had my eye on A. geniculatas and versicolors... ;){D

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
That sponge HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!:eek:
I don't have any sponges. o_O You're probably seeing the flash of my camera. As a matter of fact, yesterday at a petstore I saw a rosea with a sponge in the dish and probably saved his life by making the petstore employee take it out. ;)

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Is that tank not a bit TOO big for that smithi? lol nice setup none the less... we'll see how long it is til u get more :p i started off with one.. a B. vagans sling.. now.. 6 months later (i got my first in September) i got 25!!! lol (had 30 at a peak) iv got 2 more reserved and more on my wishlist... AND im in the process of clearing a room, painting and decorating it as my own spider room... breeding projects this year too!!... so.. hehehehe whoever said they're contagious.. is right! bear it in mind hehe