Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Nick.

Arachnopeon
Thx for al the cool replies :clap: , i'll post some more enclosure pics tomorow when the light is better

This is my list of tarantula's it aint al that big but im working on it :worship: .

0.1.0 Acanthoscurria geniculata
0.1.0 Brachypelma Vagans
0.1.0 Brachypelma boehmei
0.0.1 Brachypelma auratum
0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana
0.1.0 Lasiodora difficilis
0.0.1 Psalmopoeus cambridgei

@Redknee_freak Dont know if my Auratum is a he or a she hope to find out in the next molt, the body size is about 3.5 / 4 cm

Greetings from The Netherlands.

Last edited:

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, heres the refited tank for Pip my Chile Rose.
I took out the ugly vermiculite and used a subbstrate block that a friend sent me. I nuked it to dry and sterilize it then arranged the rocks and bits of dried leaf, water dish etc to give a kind of desert look-I was hoping the coir would dry hard and golden coloured.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Try this for a smaller arboreal setup.

It's an 8 x 4 x 4 inch dispaly from a hobby place and a piece of wood screwed to a flat rock from many pet stores.

Notice I had to saw off a piece of the wood so it would thing would fit better.

Heres a better pic of the finished product and a happy T.

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Try this for a smaller arboreal setup.

It's an 8 x 4 x 4 inch dispaly from a hobby place and a piece of wood screwed to a flat rock from many pet stores.

looks cool, but when i saw the first pic, with the narrow point upwards, I thought that was how you would have arranged it. It just seems natural to have it that way.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
True, it is more natural but I don't think the T cares. I don't think she can tell its upside down, do you?

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
True, it is more natural but I don't think the T cares. I don't think she can tell its upside down, do you?
Oh i didnt mean it looks more natural as in closer to a natural setting, i meant that it was just more natural or logical for us to see the pointy bit at the top.
In other words, to me having the flat bit at the top just looked wrong, if you see what I mean.
The Ts dont care, after all we only do up the cages for our benefits ;)
(BTW, I'd like a bigger version of this pic so we can get a closer look!)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/cheetah13mo/Cages/Arboreal_7.jpg

Last edited:

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh, I get it. Thanks for clerifying.

I'll see what I can do with the crap I have to work with. LOL- I'll let you know when I have it.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just added a spare shelf to the unit after relocating most of my collection from 5.5 gallon to 2.5 gallon tanks. the larger species and obligate burrows get 5 gallons.

With the relocations, now the only critters on this shelf are my 9"+ blondi girl and my few scorpions, along with my roach colonies.

Last edited:

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice enclosures kitty_b, and very tidy! :}

What are the measurements of those shelves?

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think they're roughly 4 ft wide x 2.5 ft deep x 6 ft high

i try to keep things looking neat, though i haven't tried decoration tanks. they're pretty much bare minimum, but no one seems to mind. :)

Hedrus

Arachnopeon
Love your backgrounds!

Brachypelma smithi

Thrixopelma cyaneolum

Phormictopus platus

Pterinochilus murinus "Usambara"

Nhandu coloratovillosus

Grammostola aureostriata

Brachypelma emilia

Pterinochilus lugardi

Nhandu chromatus

Pterinochilus chordatus
**For Admin**
I wanted to ask BooYaKa a question but his inbox has been full for a while. So I am asking in this thread. Maybe after I get a response you can delete this message. Sorry for not following the rules of this thread but I didn't know how else to contact him for my question. I'm new here so if there is another way to message someone with a full inbox I'd love to know. Thanks.

BooYaKa:
Could you tell me a bit about how you make your backgrounds for your tanks? Do you use the expanding foam and silicone technique? Or something else? Thanks.

Kenzie

janet

Arachnopeon
Hi, what about enclosures appropriate to the species ???????????!!!

all the time the same soil, no hiding places ... poor spiders! :mad:

on topic:
enclosure for african tree spiders, f.e. H. maculata or S. calceata, with african rain forest plants:

best regards
janet

redknee_freak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Kitty and Janet

you both have some outstanding setups, excellent work

will be looking for future posts, awesome

RL600

Arachnopeon
Terrestrial (??)

My G. rosea.
10 gallon fish tank [dont know measurements]

I just got her like 2-3 weeks ago. I named her Princess. She's awesome. My first tarantula, and as you can see I'm already getting in to it. I just put this together for her today. I've done A LOT of reading on here. She used to have a small little Kritter Keeper and i felt bad she just had that half log thing in there, so i gave her a [pretty big] upgrade. So far she loves it from what i can see. For about 5 minutes or so she didnt move, but now shes crawling all around getting used to it. I, as well as she, have made a few changes to it since the picture though. Fake plants, btw.

I want to get some sort of soil [bed-a-beast??] and do something different actually. Maybe give her some room to dig or whatever she wants to do.. Comments? Suggestions? I'm new to the tarantula scene, so let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know this section is just for pictures and no banter but, that tank needs to have the substrate removed, use some dry peat or dry soil and lose the bark chips, add around 4 inches or so...

Regards, Mike