Does any still keep Trapdoor Spiders

MoranDisciple

Arachnosquire
Although not a trapdoor my Calommata signata behaves exactly the same she just doesn't have an actual door to her sock.
Hey basin, first just want to say I love your videos! The commentary is great. Also, whereabouts did you find your calommata? I cant find one for sale anywhere.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
aptostichus is pretty neat, albeit frustrating as hell to collect

You cannot see them unless you carefully use a spade or something to gently sweep the ground to locate their doors.. they are also mostly found on steep hillsides making it even harder. When you handle this genus youll notice they have the instinct to climb as high as possible

Hydrophilus

Arachnopeon
aptostichus is pretty neat, albeit frustrating as hell to collect

You cannot see them unless you carefully use a spade or something to gently sweep the ground to locate their doors.. they are also mostly found on steep hillsides making it even harder. When you handle this genus youll notice they have the instinct to climb as high as possible
I love Aptostichus - such cool little spoods, and a surprising amount of patterning compared to our other North American trapdoors. I was intending to look for a few species this winter in southern Nevada/southern California. Any other tips, Smokehound? Do you see them regularly?

TrapdoorSpiderLover

Arachnosquire
137AC1DB-925F-4C7C-8380-B9BE82E9F35C.jpeg
I've had my Cyclocosmia Ricketti for a week and it still hasn't made a trapdoor or fed...
Please create a burrow for it! ive had two matures of this species die on me simply because they didnt have a burrow prebuilt for them. Similar to bothriocytrum californicum they will die off unless they have a burrow as they become very stressed without shelter.

TrapdoorSpiderLover

Arachnosquire
I got another Thyropoeus mirandus today, decided to finally try handling while i was rehousing it. It was fun but for the sake of the spider itll be the last i ever handle it obviously.
15F8FB9F-5432-4858-99AF-06F4ED86F0FC.jpeg 8747C7AC-C72F-4AE9-8CD0-1CCF718C4E4D.jpeg 52CA367E-AD9A-4AB0-9AAE-46EBFC1621A5.jpeg 5CB0962B-4C5F-436E-B6DD-5E8C9F21DC5E.jpeg

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer