Does any still keep Trapdoor Spiders

Hydrophilus

Arachnopeon

ThorsWebb

Arachnopeon
Got my Liphistius ornatus a couple of weeks ago. I think...it was so small I could hardly see it.
I put her in a sling cup with a premade burrow where she went into at once. A few hours later she had already made the door. Impressive! First time I feed her I saw the door open and the prey disappear. Can't wait for her to grow bigger! Do they grow relatively quick?
While not being a trapdoor, I have my I. mira to watch until then. She's out every evening and night, sitting with the door as a hat. Cute.

I. mira.jpeg

basin79

ArachnoGod
Got my Liphistius ornatus a couple of weeks ago. I think...it was so small I could hardly see it.
I put her in a sling cup with a premade burrow where she went into at once. A few hours later she had already made the door. Impressive! First time I feed her I saw the door open and the prey disappear. Can't wait for her to grow bigger! Do they grow relatively quick?
While not being a trapdoor, I have my I. mira to watch until then. She's out every evening and night, sitting with the door as a hat. Cute.

View attachment 317692
My speed demon came as a tiny, tiny sling feeding on hatchling crickets. Wasn't too long that she moulted a few times and didn't look so delicate.

basin79

ArachnoGod
The first 18 seconds of this video is of my Liphistius cf ornatus. It's the same video I posted on my dedicated spider thread recently.

ThorsWebb

Arachnopeon
The first 18 seconds of this video is of my Liphistius cf ornatus. It's the same video I posted on my dedicated spider thread recently.

Beautiful! I've seen your vids on this one, it's the reason I got my self one! Thank you!

I bought mine as Liphistius ornatus, but I see that you put "cf". Are there several variants?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Beautiful! I've seen your vids on this one, it's the reason I got my self one! Thank you!

I bought mine as Liphistius ornatus, but I see that you put "cf". Are there several variants?
I bought mine under the name Liphistius cf ornatus so that's just the name I use.

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
Thyropoeus mirandus is incredible :astonished: Getting high on my wishlist.
@ThorsWebb It is probably wise to use cf. considering how low is chance that pettrade Liphistius were reliably identified. To by honest, many many animals in pet trade would likely deserve cf. or even sp. label ...

ThorsWebb

Arachnopeon
Thyropoeus mirandus is incredible :astonished: Getting high on my wishlist.
@ThorsWebb It is probably wise to use cf. considering how low is chance that pettrade Liphistius were reliably identified. To by honest, many many animals in pet trade would likely deserve cf. or even sp. label ...
Ok, thanks for the advice. I will use "cf" too until she is big enough to identify correctly, if it's even possible to do.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Cyclocosmia latusicosta, these are what are really being imported these days under the incorrect ID as Cyclocosmia ricketti. As far as I've seen, Cyclocosmia ricketti have never been in the U.S. However I have some of these available if any trap door fans are looking for one.
81619.jpg

Later, Tom

TrapdoorSpiderLover

Arachnosquire
Cyclocosmia latusicosta, these are what are really being imported these days under the incorrect ID as Cyclocosmia ricketti. As far as I've seen, Cyclocosmia ricketti have never been in the U.S. However I have some of these available if any trap door fans are looking for one.
View attachment 318113

Later, Tom
How about the ones i got? are those ricketti or latusicosta? i put a pic earlier in this thread

Venom100

Arachnosquire
That’s amazing! 😳😯
Hope to someday have a collection like that!
I ordered a few hoping they arrive healthy.
Liphistius Bicoloripes
Liphistius Yangae
Liphistius CF Fuscus
All 1/4in I haven’t been able to find a proper caresheet for Liphistius Sp.
would like to know average adult size, temp, humidity, life span.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Showoff.... ;)
What can i say? I just think they're neat!

Nah lol i do have a massive advantage being located in a country with literally thousands of native Mygalomorph species. Its kinda like how you guys have a ton of options available with T's but not as much so with other primitives, just reversed. In the next week or so im beginning youtube with care and feeding videos on alot of mine