Does any still keep Trapdoor Spiders

Hydrophilus

Arachnopeon
I keep some Aliatypus sp here from California.
RTTB, where did you get your Aliatypus? I love our native trapdoors and consider them highly underrated. I have some C. torreya at the moment, and absolutely adore them even though I never see them. I would love to get some more species. I have a crazy travel schedule this month...which just happens to put me into the range of several eastern species. I'll be pulling some late nights to try to get some collecting in.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I didn’t collect the Aliatypus. Jurassic Pets and Bugs in Cyberspace we’re carrying them a little while ago.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
@Jess S out if curiosity, was there any particular reason to dislike my post? (Not Tryna be a cocky idiot or anything, just wanna make sure I don't repeat whatever the mistake was)

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
@Jess S out if curiosity, was there any particular reason to dislike my post? (Not Tryna be a cocky idiot or anything, just wanna make sure I don't repeat whatever the mistake was)
I think she just accidentally hit ‘dislike’ instead of ‘like’. I’ve done it a couple of times, but I usually notice my mistake and change it right away.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I think she just accidentally hit ‘dislike’ instead of ‘like’. I’ve done it a couple of times, but I usually notice my mistake and change it right away.
Had a feeling that's probably the case, but always best to check in case Ive somehow offended someone etc

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Oh no! I pressed like or that's what I thought I was doing, cos I was absolutely blown away by your photos. I love trapdoors. They are the least scary and most coolest looking spiders imo, on account of their proportionally shorter legs and primitive appearance.

I'll try to undo the damage and change it to what it should be if it'll let me. I'm now worrying I've done it on other people's posts I've tried liking. Oh god!

Edit: I was able to change it which is a relief. Don't know why I didn't notice to begin with, I must've been so into reading the next bit of the thread or maybe scrolling back up your pics.
Really sorry my carelessness turned an intended compliment into a bit of negativity. I'm glad you asked or I might never have noticed. Don't like that idea!

Last edited:

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Oh no! I pressed like or that's what I thought I was doing, cos I was absolutely blown away by your photos. I love trapdoors. They are the least scary and most coolest looking spiders imo, on account of their proportionally shorter legs and primitive appearance.

I'll try to undo the damage and change it to what it should be if it'll let me. I'm now worrying I've done it on other people's posts I've tried liking. Oh god!
No no, it's all G! I wasn't offended in the slightest, just worried that's what I'd done :D Ive don't it as well before, it's especially hard when using the site on mobile lol.

Glad you enjoy them! They definitely my favourite spider group as wel

Jess S

Arachnobaron
No no, it's all G! I wasn't offended in the slightest, just worried that's what I'd done :D Ive don't it as well before, it's especially hard when using the site on mobile lol.

Glad you enjoy them! They definitely my favourite spider group as wel
Thanks! I loved your pics and can't wait to see more. Those are some gorgeous spiders you've got there.

And I'll be much more careful with my thumb in future lol