did some pairing last night

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Did a little early morning pairing today.

Brachypelma vagans- Went good, male forced female into hide and got alot of insertions before bolting out, and then freaking out as i had to chase him across the floor lol.

Lampropelma nigerrimum- Went good, female was very willing, even after refusing to eat last night. Male got in two very fast insertions. Then i had a heck of a time getting a enraged 6" female Lampro off the floor and back into her enclosure.

Tapinauchenius violaceus- Went good, figured id let him give her a little more sperm in hopes she will double clutch. She is such a doll, she walked slowly to him with her little webbers tucked up under her abdomen. He got some nice long insertions.

Avicularia versicolor #3- Went good, they was in a wierd angle the whole time, so male only got 1 insertion.

Avicularia versicolor #1- Almost went good until i noticed she was still eating, so i took the male out.

Avicularia versicolor #2- Went good, male got in many long insertions, with around 4 pairings total.

I first paired the Lampropelma nigerrimum and Brachypelma vagans at the same time. Then i paired The Avicularia versicolor #3. Then i paired the Avicularia versicolor #2 and Tapinauchenius violaceus at the same time. Its always fun when you are sitting indian style on the floor, with 4 spiders all pairing at the same time. Gotta keep both eyes on both pairs at the same time. I was able to tell the females were ok with pairing, so didnt have any problems.

2bears

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for sharing, great pictures and wish you the best.
Would be a good way to start 2013 :)
2Bears

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Tapinauchenius violaceus slings darkening/molting

Two days ago these little guys started darkening up. I found 2 out of 7 molted to 2nd instar today. Will take those two out and seperate them tomorrow. Looks like there will be a total of 7 out of this sac. Cute little guys. I think my favorite thing to see is ewls/1st instar that are darkening up for a molt.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Grammostola rosea

This is my pink color female with my red color male. He got in one quick insertion, before she got hold of him and there was nothing i could do. Really sucks to see him go. He was an amazing male, who built sperm webs nonstop, was a killer breeder, and fun to have around. RIP.

My other P. regalis female is looking very gravid, and is webbing herself closed. So hopefully i have a pic of a sac soon.

alpine

Arachnosquire
This is my pink color female with my red color male. He got in one quick insertion, before she got hold of him and there was nothing i could do. Really sucks to see him go. He was an amazing male, who built sperm webs nonstop, was a killer breeder, and fun to have around. RIP.

My other P. regalis female is looking very gravid, and is webbing herself closed. So hopefully i have a pic of a sac soon.
Sorry for your loss, it is always hard to see them go.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus marshalli slings!

Well these little critters couldnt wait 5 more days until sac pulling time. I happened to look into the females enclosure tonight to see little ones running everywhere. Little 1st instars. Looks like there is gonna be alot of them, and looks like the sac still has plenty in it. My female has never molted for me, so she is gonna get some powerfeeding, and either double clutch or molt. The male which is in on loan from Nick (nolmt2), is still doing great and ready to go again. Will have a more detailed number of slings when i transfer them to the incubator tomorrow evening. Gonna be fun catching the mom, and digging through everything for the little squirts.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats,and remember me when they are ready.....lol....

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Did a little early morning pairing today.

Brachypelma vagans- Went good, male forced female into hide and got alot of insertions before bolting out, and then freaking out as i had to chase him across the floor lol.
Well, at least he has some survival instinct...

I take it he is back on the job :)

alpine

Arachnosquire
Well these little critters couldnt wait 5 more days until sac pulling time. I happened to look into the females enclosure tonight to see little ones running everywhere. Little 1st instars. Looks like there is gonna be alot of them, and looks like the sac still has plenty in it. My female has never molted for me, so she is gonna get some powerfeeding, and either double clutch or molt. The male which is in on loan from Nick (nolmt2), is still doing great and ready to go again. Will have a more detailed number of slings when i transfer them to the incubator tomorrow evening. Gonna be fun catching the mom, and digging through everything for the little squirts.

There are a ton of them O.O congrats lol!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yep he is doing good. I was going to pair them again the other day, after my RCF rosea. But when my mature male RCF was brutally murdered in front of my eyes, i had to go sit in the corner and cry for a while :).
Well, at least he has some survival instinct...

I take it he is back on the job :)

---------- Post added 01-15-2013 at 07:14 PM ----------

Ohhhh if you only knew! Thanks!
There are a ton of them O.O congrats lol!

---------- Post added 01-15-2013 at 07:25 PM ----------

HOLY CRAP. That should cover it :). I was guessing around 150ish. But my female must have double clutched (in one sac :)).
There is 271 good 1st instar, 2 dead ewls, and no eggs. Those are some very high numbers, and percents and other things. I cant believe there was that many. Heck i had 150 in the incubator before i even got the sac out of the enclosure lol. Only took me 3 hours too :sarcasm:. Enjoy!

---------- Post added 01-15-2013 at 07:32 PM ----------

Oh yeah. Rodie, start counting those eggs!

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Oh wow. I don't envy you, but congratulations!

How did you get them out of the enclosure and into the incubator? I'd be afraid I'd hurt them.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha thank you!

Uhhh you dont wanna know. Imagine sucking 100s of little spiderlings through a straw, one at a time, then spitting them into the incubator. Not that way at all :). I use long paintbrush to get them onto the hairs of the brush one by one. And i also use a measuring spoon. Its called a "smidgeon", its 1/32 of a teaspoon. Gotta be super super careful. Dropping them repeatedly becomes habit.
Oh wow. I don't envy you, but congratulations!

How did you get them out of the enclosure and into the incubator? I'd be afraid I'd hurt them.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Haha thank you!

Uhhh you dont wanna know. Imagine sucking 100s of little spiderlings through a straw, one at a time, then spitting them into the incubator. Not that way at all :). I use long paintbrush to get them onto the hairs of the brush one by one. And i also use a measuring spoon. Its called a "smidgeon", its 1/32 of a teaspoon. Gotta be super super careful. Dropping them repeatedly becomes habit.
I was afraid you were going to say "one by one" lol. I'm not the most graceful person, so I can imagine how well that'd go over for me. I know! I'll start practicing with spilled BBs! :laugh:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha, im afraid so. Every couple hundred or so you will get lucky and get two at a time! BBs would be sooo much easier lol. The worst part is trying to get them off the webbing and sac itself. They stick to it really well, and run in every direction you dont want them to.
I was afraid you were going to say "one by one" lol. I'm not the most graceful person, so I can imagine how well that'd go over for me. I know! I'll start practicing with spilled BBs! :laugh:

Bast

Arachnopeon
Yep he is doing good. I was going to pair them again the other day, after my RCF rosea. But when my mature male RCF was brutally murdered in front of my eyes, i had to go sit in the corner and cry for a while :).

---------- Post added 01-15-2013 at 07:14 PM ----------

Ohhhh if you only knew! Thanks!

---------- Post added 01-15-2013 at 07:25 PM ----------

HOLY CRAP. That should cover it :). I was guessing around 150ish. But my female must have double clutched (in one sac :)).
There is 271 good 1st instar, 2 dead ewls, and no eggs. Those are some very high numbers, and percents and other things. I cant believe there was that many. Heck i had 150 in the incubator before i even got the sac out of the enclosure lol. Only took me 3 hours too :sarcasm:. Enjoy!

---------- Post added 01-15-2013 at 07:32 PM ----------

Oh yeah. Rodie, start counting those eggs!
Wow! That is a lot of babies! They're sure cute, congrats!! :)