did some pairing last night

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
GL with those,I am about to give back the trio I have here on loan.Nothing but premature molts and no damn egg sacks. After this round of failures with versi I would rather gargle bleach,put hot needles in my eyes,and run my genitals over with a steamroller before letting another versi into our APT.No idea why this keeps happening over and over and OVER,they should not be this big of a pain in my tail.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You must not know of my versicolor stories.....As of right now,over the course of time,(a couple years)we have paired 11 versi females...9 of the 11 molted prematurely for NO damn reason.#9 decided to molt a couple of weeks ago,3 whole months after her LAST molt...NO CLUE what we are doing wrong,considering that we have had a GREAT 2012 with over 20 eggsacks.But the versi are the bane of my very existence,we just CANNOT produce them for some reason.We swore them off a couple of years ago after the first round of massive disappointment,and for some reason I was stupid enough to take 3 in from a local guy on a reverse loan,considering the amount of success we have had recently..And of course I get totally boned by the damn things. I swear I can hear them laughing at me,in little squeaky voices...BEST OF LUCK JOHN,I hope it works out for you.But if it does I do NOT want to hear about it....lol.....

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
GL with those,I am about to give back the trio I have here on loan.Nothing but premature molts and no damn egg sacks. After this round of failures with versi I would rather gargle bleach,put hot needles in my eyes,and run my genitals over with a steamroller before letting another versi into our APT.No idea why this keeps happening over and over and OVER,they should not be this big of a pain in my tail.
Jeez!! That comment made ME cross my legs...and I'm female!!..lol That does suck tho. Of course I'm still hopefull.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Never tried pairing versis, but my H lividum molted out after pairing just five months after her previous molt. Quite aggravating.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah Brett that totally totally sucks. Its crazy those female are molting prematurely like that. I had a adult female P. formosa do that too. Maybe there is some type of key we are missing out on. Something environmental to get them to drop early. Maybe something to do with temps/humidity. How much were you feeding the females? I usually feed mine just the same as normal. If i do get slings, i wont tell you :).

---------- Post added 12-13-2012 at 10:08 PM ----------

That sucks. Hopefully you still have the male to re-pair her.
Never tried pairing versis, but my H lividum molted out after pairing just five months after her previous molt. Quite aggravating.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Normal feeding...Rodie told me to soak them heavily after pairing,then just let them dry out and after 90 days if there is no sack they are are not going to do anything.Trying that with 2 now,with fingers crossed. Maybe between you and us we can get these things going!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sounds like a plan. I always thought the best way was to let them stay dry for a bit, then start soaking them to stimulate spring rains, and the perfect time for a sac. But Rodie has hatched them, not me lol. Im sure newspidermom is hoping we can get some more bloodlines floating around too.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
That sucks. Hopefully you still have the male to re-pair her.
yep. He is still alive, kicking and making sperm webs. I have them together, but I haven't seen a pairing yet. And speaking of males, your regalis is still playing well with my girl. :)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Great. Glad your regalis are doing well too.

Update. The Koh Samui eggs are still eggs. A few have started drying up. So i added some more water into the incubator. The T. violaceus female was outside of her tube web last night, and she was tugging on the web trying to open it up more. Then today she is just outside of the tube web holding her sac. Not sure why she decided to move it a few inches, but hope she dont get too hungry before next friday.
yep. He is still alive, kicking and making sperm webs. I have them together, but I haven't seen a pairing yet. And speaking of males, your regalis is still playing well with my girl. :)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus marshalli sac!

My female is putting the final touches on the sac right now. Male is in on loan from nolmt2. Since i have no clue when she last molted, im hoping she will molt soon after i pull the sac, and i can start the pairing again.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:mad: damn poecis... never do what you want them to do.. I know all too well what your going through:sarcasm:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha i know what your going through steven. Hopefully my proven regalis will pull through for me though. T. violaceus sac getting opened friday.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
very nice... hope theres lots of ewls/1i slings for ya... Tappies are awesome