did some pairing last night

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah i know man. That really sucks about your versi females doing that. Glad i got some awesome friends on here to share my good/bad experiences with.
Yea don't sweat it,you know how off all damn things versicolor are the bane of my existence?The story about 6+ females all molting early and not getting one sack from ANY of them?Well,they are doing it AGAIN.Found a 4+ inch female that just pulled a molt 3 months after her last one...It is exactly why I did not want to see,or even READ the word "versicolor" for a couple of years,and here we go,allllll over again....Trust me,you will end up going through something totally stupid like this sooner or later,just part of the hobby.

---------- Post added 11-27-2012 at 07:22 PM ----------

Haha now how true is that. Thanks for pointing out how perverted he was, i didnt notice :).
Only in the world of invert breeding does this not sound terrible. This kind of behavior usually gets you jail time. ;)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria regalis webbed shut for a sac!

Here is a couple pics from tonight of her sac lair. Should be any day now.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
VERY cool webbing .. now i know what to expect. Hope everything goes well.

Any update on your A.avic?

I got my female back a couple weeks ago and started changing a few things around, and shes since started growing a lot and webbing has began. Maybe that male we used wasnt a dud afterall?:?:unsure:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah the webbing for a sac lair is pretty awesome. Its really random. So far no changes with my Avic. She built a web platform to sit on, other than that nothing else. I dunno whats going on with them. Really figuring its not gonna happen.
VERY cool webbing .. now i know what to expect. Hope everything goes well.

Any update on your A.avic?

I got my female back a couple weeks ago and started changing a few things around, and shes since started growing a lot and webbing has began. Maybe that male we used wasnt a dud afterall?:?:unsure:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, that platform sounds about what my girl is doing. Not a molt mat (shes only 4 months into her cycle @5") id imagine, but not ruling nothing out for now. She IS eating a ton and chunkin up, but i dont know if thats all im seeing...
Time will tell, and for now im hoping to find a new MM to try a shot with.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah its definitely not a molt mat. She never even webbed much when she did molt lol. She hasnt been eating as much as before. She kinda gets pissy with the roaches i try and give her now. She throws up these gentle threat poses. Lol its so cute, cause she wouldnt dare bite. I can just reach in and cup her and pull her out. Sunday i got another female versi and a female metallica. The metallica is soooooo super gentle that she is hard to work with lol. I had my hand wrapped around her trying to get her out of the travel cup, and she was just hanging on to the cup, and when i finally got her onto my hand she was hard to get back off of it cause she wouldnt move lol.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ornithoctonus sp. "Koh Samui" sac pulled

Ok today is day 24. I decided to pull the sac early. When i pulled it i had high hopes of ewls. Instead i found 60 good eggs, 8 stuck/bad eggs, and 1 ewl that was not moving and was stuck. So all together i have 60 eggs in the incubator. Im really really really nervous. I dont like the idea of eggs being in the incubator. It seems to me that a sac opened that has all eggs, has very little chance of any surving. So the best i can do is wait and pray. I know from now on im not pulling til day 30 no matter what, if the sac gets eaten, oh well. And i might give up taking in males on breeding loans, because i would feel so horrible if none of these make it and the owner of the male gets no sling in return.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
good news is one was already an EWL? With a lil heat and a lot of humidity those babies should emerge in no time (id imagine).. seems like most of the time ewls all emerge around the same time , molt into 1i around the same time, molt into 2i around the same time etc...
Hopefully the next couple days goes well for those little guys.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah i was happy to fnid 1 ewl. Too bad it wasnt alive. But maybe that means the others will follow suit. Hopefully i get home from work tomorrow and there is some in there with some legs sprouted out. We will see i guess.
good news is one was already an EWL? With a lil heat and a lot of humidity those babies should emerge in no time (id imagine).. seems like most of the time ewls all emerge around the same time , molt into 1i around the same time, molt into 2i around the same time etc...
Hopefully the next couple days goes well for those little guys.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Time will tell,as those eggs DO look fertile.Do not worry about incubating John,if they do not survive the incubator odds are they would not have made it anyways.W have been pulling Psalmo sacks before 20 days and having 100% hatch out.Don't get frustrated,I know it is hard,but we lost a ton of sacks before we got to where we are now.Just got to keep on trying,and keep on bringing in males. It took us quite a while before we were able to send someone their half of a sack,but when it happens it feels great,trust me.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks Brett. I know you do pull some early. Just freaks me out. So many things that can go wrong, mold, mites, humidity, etc. I put straight coco fiber in the bottom of the incubtor, and then placed deli cups lined with coffee filters in it. I will replace the coffee filters with coco fiber once they hit 1st instar. Im gonna go ahead and let my T. violaceus sac brew a little longer though.
Time will tell,as those eggs DO look fertile.Do not worry about incubating John,if they do not survive the incubator odds are they would not have made it anyways.W have been pulling Psalmo sacks before 20 days and having 100% hatch out.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a few to pull in the next 2 weeks,and the A.huriana sack has me more freaked out than anything in recent memory.I will do a serious happy dance if that one turns out well,as will the supplier of the male,I am sure....The anticipation is the WORST part of breeding,hands down.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah those eggs don't look bad. I'm by no means a breeding afficionado, but I've seen pictures of bad eggs, and yours definitely don't look like they're bad. Best of luck, that's an awesome species.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah good luck on that huriana. I still dont even know what those look like, ive fallen behind on all the Avics lol. I know what you mean about the anticipation too. Really sucks biting your nails through the whole waiting process, not knowing what could happen in the end.
I have a few to pull in the next 2 weeks,and the A.huriana sack has me more freaked out than anything in recent memory.I will do a serious happy dance if that one turns out well,as will the supplier of the male,I am sure....The anticipation is the WORST part of breeding,hands down.

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 09:48 PM ----------

Yeah the eggs do look good. Im hoping that since there was 1 ewl, that there will be more to come. Thanks. They are a pretty cool species. My female was pretty calm about me digging down to her underground layer. She is now finishing up a dubia.
Yeah those eggs don't look bad. I'm by no means a breeding afficionado, but I've seen pictures of bad eggs, and yours definitely don't look like they're bad. Best of luck, that's an awesome species.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Avicularia versicolor Female #2

I was a little nervous about this big girl. But once the male found her they paired very well. He got in atleast 10 loooong insertions before they parted. Glad i got some pics, since i couldnt on the first female. Female #3 coming soon. Possibly 4 females total, have to check the spermethecae here in a couple minutes on a female that molted today. Male is in on loan from newspidermom.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Good luck on getting sacs! ...and on the male surviving the rest of the dates. Afaik versis tend to much males often?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks man. I guess he will be going out with 3 females. The other one isnt ready, or might be male, its fooling me this molt. Im not really sure. Ive heard that they are, and that they are not. I let him spend the night with the first female with no problems. He is bigger than the females not pictured.
Good luck on getting sacs! ...and on the male surviving the rest of the dates. Afaik versis tend to much males often?