did some pairing last night

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
[/COLOR]Jason, after seeing so much of your success and breeding report posts, that congrats means alot man. Crazy you were not having any luck with them. I tried pairing my female once, and she was scared to death of him. Then i sent the male back to the owner. My female then molted out, so the owner sent him back to me again. I tried him with my female again, but she was still scared to death, this is how i got that pic of her, when she ran from him, i put my hand out. But he was getting old and already fathered atleast 2 sacs of babies. So i just made her go back into her enclosure, left him in, tossed the lid on, and left him in there for a month before she ate him. Evidentily she was shy, but he worked his mojo at night time lol.
Well thank you! I just get really lucky. :) I was actually contemplating just locking him in there with here but haven't had the nerve to yet. Maybe I'll try it since you had success with it. lol

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very welcome. Alot of it really is luck. I mean you can pair a species once, or 20 times. But if the female doesnt want to lay, then it just wont happen. Yeah you otta lock him in, might just work. Getting ready to pair L. nigerrimum, B. angustum, A. versicolor, L. difficilis, and C. marshalli. Waiting on S. calceatum, P. regalis, B. sabulosum, G. rosea RCF, O. sp. Koh Samui, P. scrofa, T. violaceus, P. reduncus, P. pederseni, C. darlingi, and N. chromatus.
Well thank you! I just get really lucky. :) I was actually contemplating just locking him in there with here but haven't had the nerve to yet. Maybe I'll try it since you had success with it. lol

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus darlingi

Paired them once so far. Seemed to go well. Male went back in for seconds, before he went back to his enclosure.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
appears youve been busy bro.. very good stuff.. Congrats on the sacks (especially that C.ritae) and as always, hope the best for the rest of what youve got goin on! Seeing how my ritae is currently about 1.5" I should know the sex here very soon.
Looks female ventrally, but have never got a chance to molt sex it.
If it hooks out with this pending molt, i know where to send it

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks a ton bro! Yeah easiest way i found on Cyriocosmus, is if they hook out, they are male lol. Im sure i could use another one, as im betting she will eventually molt again :).
appears youve been busy bro.. very good stuff.. Congrats on the sacks (especially that C.ritae) and as always, hope the best for the rest of what youve got goin on! Seeing how my ritae is currently about 1.5" I should know the sex here very soon.
Looks female ventrally, but have never got a chance to molt sex it.
If it hooks out with this pending molt, i know where to send it

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria regalis preparing for a sac.

Nhandu chromatus preparing for a sac. Atleast it better be. This looks a little more like a molt mat, but she molted 3 months ago. So we will see.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nhandu chromatus sac!

Well she did drop a sac. However this is good and bad. As you can tell from the pics, she laid it in a bad spot and some of the eggs rolled out. The sac doesnt look like the normal round, but more like a pancake. But as i was looking at her, she moved the sac around a bit and i could see alot of eggs in it. THe spot where i could see the eggs, looked like the webbing was a little thin, but hopefully they make it. Might have been good to let a few of the eggs go now, since im possibly looking at a high number of slings.

roaddog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I remember a year or so back when John was going to give up on breeding :) Aren't you glad I told you not to give up?!? Look at you now!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
She is looking good. Im betting it will be very soon. Probably within a week or two.
Fresh Tarantula Caviar! Hows that poeci lookin? Think shell drop soon?

---------- Post added 11-16-2012 at 10:01 PM ----------

Haha Thanks Rodie! Yep every once and a while it gets pretty frustrating. But its fun and rewarding, so i keep truckin lol.
I remember a year or so back when John was going to give up on breeding :) Aren't you glad I told you not to give up?!? Look at you now!

---------- Post added 11-16-2012 at 10:02 PM ----------

Not sure what you mean...
Pair me plox.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well the female N. chromatus ate her sac. Before i left to go to town today, i looked at her and it looked like she was eating it, but i couldnt really tell. Then when i got home tonight it was gone. Bummer.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus marshalli

This boy is in on loan from nolmt2. They got a very quick pairing with possibly 0-1 insertion. Couldnt tell, but then he bolted and i had to run him down.

---------- Post added 11-18-2012 at 11:36 AM ----------

Brachypelma vagans

This is my original female that i had gotten a sac from before. Unfortunately she had gotten her last sac into the water dish. This male is in on loan from jen650s. The male was a stud like the last male i had. He forced her into position, got some long insertions, and then she chased him off.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ornithoctonus sp. "Koh Samui" Sac!

My little girl must have laid this last night. The male donor was in on loan from Scorpendra. He is gonna be a happy man, as am I. This is the second time ive tried with her, and the first time she molted out.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
VERY NICE STUFF bro. That must be exciting. I really like the look of that sp. and have been flirting with the idea of getting into some Orniths for a while (really like the "koh samui" and the aureotibialis)

If anything ever comes of it put me down for a couple will ya? Id gladly take 2 off your hands.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks bro. They are a pretty awesome little species. Kinda like minature Haplos, without the killer attitude lol. I would like to get some aureotibialis, but havent gotten around to it yet. I will for sure keep you in mind.
VERY NICE STUFF bro. That must be exciting. I really like the look of that sp. and have been flirting with the idea of getting into some Orniths for a while (really like the "koh samui" and the aureotibialis)

If anything ever comes of it put me down for a couple will ya? Id gladly take 2 off your hands.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Tapinauchenius violaceus sac!

My girl dropped a nice one last night. The male is in on loan from tfd6506. She dropped this one pretty quickly. Looks to be double the size of her last one (which she ate 5 days before i was gonna pull it). The male was still in with her too, so i got him out. Hoping to keep him going until she molts again.