did some pairing last night

advan

oOOo
Staff member
It seems you are 2 for 2 on not recognizing a suspended eggsac. {D

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha unfortunately. But the first one i actually couldnt even see into. The calceatum has 2 half corkbark tubes, and the way she laid the sac, i couldnt even see into it. But this one, yeah, was in plain sight the whole time. I just thought that the distance between the webbing and the glass was a little small for a sac. Luckily not.
It seems you are 2 for 2 on not recognizing a suspended eggsac. {D

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
G. rosea RCF looking gravid

Figured i would get a quick shot at her while feeding tonight. She is getting the bell shaped abdomen.

---------- Post added 10-15-2012 at 06:28 PM ----------

Stromatopelma calceatum.
This is female #3. Female #2 will be paired next, as she is still hardening. These two seemed to hit it off. They were inside her web fortress while pairing so i couldnt see any insertions, but i do believe it happened. Will try them again soon.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Stromatopelma calceatum female #3 again

Paired my boy with the #3 female again tonight. Went really well. It is so awesome to see these gorgeous females slowly crawling out of thier web fortresses, with their fuzzy legs drumming like crazy.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Paired my boy with the #3 female again tonight. Went really well. It is so awesome to see these gorgeous females slowly crawling out of thier web fortresses, with their fuzzy legs drumming like crazy.

Those blue/green hues on the pads look stunning! You have some beautiful specimens in your collection. I'll have a better read through the thread when I get off work!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yes they are! I was thinking the same thing myself. The look so metallic. Thanks a ton. Hope you enjoy it.
Those blue/green hues on the pads look stunning! You have some beautiful specimens in your collection. I'll have a better read through the thread when I get off work!

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Some great pictures in here! I now see why it woulda took you a day or two to gather a list for your breeding projects haha. Good luck with the current/future projects ill keep an eye out for this thread.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks a ton. Im working with some of the same females from this thread, the female B. sabulosum was paired again, with the same male. The female P. regalis is getting ready to be paired again. There are some new ones to add too, but sometimes i dont get pics.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria regalis

This is female #1. Figure ill let them cohab since my other female is gravid(ish).

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Cyriocosmus ritae SAC!

My female burrowed for the first time ever on 10-24-12. Just layed this nice sac last night!

Here is momma.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I call dibs on a 20 lot of those if all goes well....

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats on the ritae eggsac! I've been trying to pair these guys for quite some time now with no luck. My female wants nothing to do with the male lol. Good luck! :D

Tarac

Arachnolord
WANT! wantwantwantwantwant
Echo that, love this species. I think it's the best of the genus personally. Congrats! Definitely let us know when they're ready, always enough space for more of these little guys.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks alot man. Will for sure let you know.
Echo that, love this species. I think it's the best of the genus personally. Congrats! Definitely let us know when they're ready, always enough space for more of these little guys.

---------- Post added 11-01-2012 at 07:08 PM ----------

Jason, after seeing so much of your success and breeding report posts, that congrats means alot man. Crazy you were not having any luck with them. I tried pairing my female once, and she was scared to death of him. Then i sent the male back to the owner. My female then molted out, so the owner sent him back to me again. I tried him with my female again, but she was still scared to death, this is how i got that pic of her, when she ran from him, i put my hand out. But he was getting old and already fathered atleast 2 sacs of babies. So i just made her go back into her enclosure, left him in, tossed the lid on, and left him in there for a month before she ate him. Evidentily she was shy, but he worked his mojo at night time lol.
Congrats on the ritae eggsac! I've been trying to pair these guys for quite some time now with no luck. My female wants nothing to do with the male lol. Good luck! :D

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow Catfish!!! Just came across this thread (don't know how I've missed it!) and you're an AWESOME breeder!!! Cudos to you brother!!! Good luck with all your sacs too!!!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I sometimes myself cant find it lol. You should of seen how long it took me to find my picture thread after not posting on it for months. Thanks a ton. I do my best. It boils down to i know how to stick males in with females and then try and get lucky :).
Wow Catfish!!! Just came across this thread (don't know how I've missed it!) and you're an AWESOME breeder!!! Cudos to you brother!!! Good luck with all your sacs too!!!