did some pairing last night

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah does suck. I hope there is another sac on the way. Atleast she has now eaten good. Haha, i knew you would laugh at that. Cause if tomorrow's pairing doesnt happen, im really debating on it.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Female eating sac :(. Was almost time to pull it too.
boo

Thanks very much. Im sure she will double clutch, or molt. If she molts, i will be pairing her again. Yep alot going on here. Soon will be S. calceatum x3, and P. pederseni. Been working on my N. tripepii, but after two failed attempts, im close to plan B.
why the morning after pill for an unpaired female?:laugh:
Crude jokes aside, whats plan B? Talkenlate's method?

Hope things take a turn to the better for you bro

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
boo

why the morning after pill for an unpaired female?:laugh:
Crude jokes aside, whats plan B? Talkenlate's method?

Hope things take a turn to the better for you bro
All jokes aside,Plan B involves John getting being haired wiithin an inch of his life and possibly being bitten,so fingers crossed Plan B does not come into effect...I guess my girls were nastier than I thought....

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
no risk, no reward

Hope the best for ya John.. I DEFINITELY got my fingers crossed for ya.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yep, "Plan B" is a pretty hairy one lol. I tried something new last night, and gonna try to pair them here sometime tonight. If that doesnt work, which it probably wont, and then "Plan B" goes into effect. Lets just say im not at all looking forward to it. This girl moves like a Tappie, and acts like a Haplo.

---------- Post added 07-12-2012 at 04:48 PM ----------

Well attempt #3 was a fail of course. So, "Plan B" might be going into action. Brett, you should totally try yours first, and let me know how it goes :)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
"Plan B"

Well i resorted to "Plan B", i changed it up a little at the last minute. I tried her inside a 50 dram vial that was modified to allow access to only her needed parts, but not allow her carapace or fangs access to the male. It didnt work, because she wouldnt get into the right spot. She would get almost there, but not close enough. So, i decided to just place both tarantulas into the bathtub, out of her elements, and see if she would calm down towards him that way. It was working good on her half, but he was too freaked out being in the tub. So, i resorted to the original "Plan B". I placed the male inside of the females enclosure, pinch grabbed the female, and used her as a puppet in this twisted story. That didnt work either. She was totally calm after i grabbed her, but the male was way too freaked out by all of the strange activities. Well, firstly, atleast i attempted something. I wanted to try a couple things that would hopefully be doable, without putting either sexes at risk. I also wanted this to be successful, so there will be more of these awesome species going around. Also, trying to pair them do to her aggressiveness towards the male, had me in full panic attack. And finally i have never supported pinch grabbing, and will definitely never be doing this again, as i dont like how it makes the spiders feel, and now i feel as if i have hairs all over my entire body :). I have given up on her for now, possibly until she molts a couple more times, and maybe her disposition towards males will change. No bashing please. Thanks.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well John hopefully this suspected male I have molts,because if it IS a he it will mature.If that is the case he is going out in a blaze of glory.Our girl is over 8 inches,and STOUT. Funny thing is she is the most calm tripepii we have owned.I would almost donate body parts to successfully breed these guys.Exactly how big is that girl now,John??

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah i hope he molts into some nice long legs, and full of spunk. Hopefully your girl acts as gentle towards him as she does to you :). Well her last molt was 6.25". So im guessing 6.5" or a little more.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
damn bro.. risky business lol.. you definitely got cojones (cant spell in Spanish lol) sorry it didn't work out for ya.. it COULD have gone a lot worse though

Hopefully you end up getting it right and end with a sack. You've certainly been trying hard enough!
I dont think ANYBODY should bash you for your attempts.. sometimes you gotta go the extra mile. This is a beautiful sp. and the hobby needs more that are readily available.
Best of luck to you John.. (you too Brett)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks steven. You couldnt imagine how shriveled my cojones (cant spell in spanish either lol) were during all the attempts, especially the last one. Im done with them. I will wait for her to molt a couple more times, and not look for a male so hard. If i happen to get lucky with them later on, good. Yeah im sure there are some people that would see it as a absolutely unnessesary attempt, but there will be others that conjoles me for my dedication to try and get some more of these spread in the US. P. pederseni, S. calceatum, and G. rosea RCF coming soon....

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You couldnt imagine how shriveled my cojones (cant spell in spanish either lol) were during all the attempts, especially the last one.
:laugh: lol I BET.. like i said .. risky business..
I wouldnt have figured you to be the type to toss in the towel, but i see why from what weve spoke about with this sp. .. Sometimes its better to just admit defeat. Males cost, and it would suck to get a LOANED male killed.. Hell, id rather lose MY money than cost somebody ELSE cash.

anyway, best of luck to your future attempts and the recent enough sacks bro

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha yes it was. I normally am not, but its kinda useless. her disposition wont change right now. I have fed her on the verge of popping, and it didnt help. So, if Brett wont need him, i already have someone lined up who does. Yeah, i figure it would be better to let someone else try, than to toss $140 down the drain. Thanks bro.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus reduncus sac!

Funny thing is i have never paired her. Digging into her history right now. Hoping a previous owner had paired her. Would loooove for this sac to be fertile.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Was informed that the reduncus has never been paired. Dangit. But maybe thats a good sign. I know she is ready, pending a molt.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Grammostola rosea RCF

Just got done pairing these two. They were both very well behaved. Female was in love, and the male was a stud. They were locked and unlocked for 15 minutes straight. He got in tons of great insertions. Will be trying them again in a few days!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Brachypelma sabulosum female molted today, and i still have the mature male. So, looks like ill go ahead and give them another go.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
damn it john.. how do you manage to find males that take me FOREVER to find.. lol.. i been lookin for a new male rosie for over a MONTH with not a single reply lol

Best of luck as always

Cant wait for Chrisduhfurs male to get back to federal way where he belongs lol.. My female Avic is waiting:biggrin: