did some pairing last night

Bast

Arachnopeon
Congrats on the sacs! Hope everything goes well with them and you get some slings soon :)

tfd6506

Arachnopeon
My girl dropped a nice one last night. The male is in on loan from tfd6506. She dropped this one pretty quickly. Looks to be double the size of her last one (which she ate 5 days before i was gonna pull it). The male was still in with her too, so i got him out. Hoping to keep him going until she molts again.

This is great news man! Keeping my fingers crossed that the pairing becomes a success in the end, with the pitter patter of lotsa 'lil tappie feet :) My boy worked those palps like a champ hahahah! Keep me posted, and congrats on the sac.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks Tom. Yeah hopefully there is alot of little babies in there for us. Glad my girl is so gentle with males. Lets hope she is with this sac too!
This is great news man! Keeping my fingers crossed that the pairing becomes a success in the end, with the pitter patter of lotsa 'lil tappie feet :) My boy worked those palps like a champ hahahah! Keep me posted, and congrats on the sac.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sweet. I just found a violaceus sack during feedings today as well.GL.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Cyriocosmus ritae......horrible

Well today i came home to find my female ritae eating her sac. It was almost all there, i think she had just started eating it. So i hurried up and dug her up, and stole it. Opened it up, and its a complete loss. Im not sure what went wrong. Either she didnt fertilize the eggs, or her and the male actually never paired, or the male was a dud. I was getting ready to pull it in a few days. Im completely disgusted. And the very next female that eats her sac when im a few days from pulling it, (whether its fertile or not) will probably force me to leave the hobby. Just done with it.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sucks,but do not leave the hobby over it,just start pulling those suckers @ 20 days and PRAY.Been working for us for a while now...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks man. I might have to end up doing that. Im about to start feeding sac eating females to my chickens and ducks :).
Sucks,but do not leave the hobby over it,just start pulling those suckers @ 20 days and PRAY.Been working for us for a while now...

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This crap happens,sucks,but it makes you want to go bigger and better the next time around.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah i understand. My T. violaceus is a proven sac eater, and has been holding her sac for 5 days or so now. O. koh samui has been holding hers a few days longer. Tomorrow night gonna pair L. nigerrimum. Female acts like any other Lampro, and the male acts close to a obt. Gonna be plenty of fun.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Lampropelma nigerrimum

My female fell in love tonight. She was pretty upset to see him leave too. He got in 2 insertions. They were so lightning fast that it was impossible to tell. But looks like they are going to hit it off again here before long. Glad she is so receptive.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
sorry bro. Please dont get discouraged and quit the hobby over breeding difficulties. Youve helped me a ton and i need ya to stick around

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks alot! Im just dealing with alot of stress and anxiety, and the bad sac really hit me hard. I was really looking forward to helping out alot of people that already messaged me about some of the slings. Really sucks, but oh well. Ive got one smaller ritae left, if it ends up male, ill give her another go. If her next sac gets eaten or is infertile, she might be a lonely girl for a long time lol.
sorry bro. Please dont get discouraged and quit the hobby over breeding difficulties. Youve helped me a ton and i need ya to stick around

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yea don't sweat it,you know how off all damn things versicolor are the bane of my existence?The story about 6+ females all molting early and not getting one sack from ANY of them?Well,they are doing it AGAIN.Found a 4+ inch female that just pulled a molt 3 months after her last one...It is exactly why I did not want to see,or even READ the word "versicolor" for a couple of years,and here we go,allllll over again....Trust me,you will end up going through something totally stupid like this sooner or later,just part of the hobby.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The male was a stud like the last male i had. He forced her into position, got some long insertions, and then she chased him off.
Only in the world of invert breeding does this not sound terrible. This kind of behavior usually gets you jail time. ;)