did some pairing last night

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks man. I let this one go full term, so hopefully there is. Yes Tappies are so great. I really want all of the species.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks man. I let this one go full term, so hopefully there is. Yes Tappies are so great. I really want all of the species.
Ive actually held my T. cupreus for the first time the other day.. Im very surprised of how docile/calm it was.. I was always under the impression that they were speed demons, but maybe thats just mainly the T. gigas?
Anyways, they are amazing tarantulas but imo a lot of them look too much alike.. Ive owned/own cupreus and plumipes and plan to look into gigas next.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
T.gigas=awesome.We will be pairing some as soon as our males mature. They breed like rabbits.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks a ton!
Good luck with that sac!

---------- Post added 12-19-2012 at 03:29 PM ----------

Yeah ive held my violaceus a few times, but not by choice. She was a doll when she walked onto my hand. I used to have a cupreus but need them again.
Ive actually held my T. cupreus for the first time the other day.. Im very surprised of how docile/calm it was.. I was always under the impression that they were speed demons, but maybe thats just mainly the T. gigas?
Anyways, they are amazing tarantulas but imo a lot of them look too much alike.. Ive owned/own cupreus and plumipes and plan to look into gigas next.

---------- Post added 12-19-2012 at 03:30 PM ----------

Good luck with those man. One of the slings i got from you is a crazy little guy. Every single time i open his enclosure, he bolts out and is all over the place. Luckily he runs like lightning, until he hits the carpet lol.
T.gigas=awesome.We will be pairing some as soon as our males mature. They breed like rabbits.

---------- Post added 12-19-2012 at 05:21 PM ----------

Got a better pic of my girl gaurding her sac. Now i usually dont feed tarantulas while with a sac. But i wondered about hammock laying species. Being that they dont actually hold the sac, wouldnt that mean that feeding them would be just fine. Would be a possible way to keep her tummy full, and not go zombie on her babies.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Tapinauchenius violaceus sac pulled

Ok today was day 30, so i got the incubator ready and went to pull the sac. When i opened the females enclosure, i could immediately see 1st instars climbing around on the OUTSIDE of the sac. I was like, thats wierd. So i got all those ones off the sac and into the incubator, which only took about a half hour since they were so cooperative in letting go of the sac :sarcasm:. I could tell the sac was plump inside so figured there would be some nice numbers. Opened the sac up and found partial disaster. Looks like the female didnt rotate it enough, or fertilize all the eggs or something. But i think i know why the 1st instars on the outside decided to abandon ship. There were 2 more 1st instar inside the sac, but those dont look like they will make it. So for now, there is 6 good 1st instar, and 2 not great 1st instar. I guess a few is always better than nothing, right?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
John, those are exactly what my OBT sack looked like.. well, a day or two after placing them in the incubator.. Sorry things didnt go so well with your project, but like you said 6 or 8 first instars is better than nothing. Congrats (i think)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That sucks. Wish yours woulda went better also. Yep a few is better than none at all. Thanks bro.
John, those are exactly what my OBT sack looked like.. well, a day or two after placing them in the incubator.. Sorry things didnt go so well with your project, but like you said 6 or 8 first instars is better than nothing. Congrats (i think)

Oreo

Arachnocookie
Cute slings! Congrats, some slings are def better than none. I wonder why/how those eggs go bad, real frustrating after being so patient.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hey hows the Lampy project going? notice anything happening yet?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yep a few is better than none at all. I checked on them and it looks like 7 0f 8 might make it. Hope so.
Cute slings! Congrats, some slings are def better than none. I wonder why/how those eggs go bad, real frustrating after being so patient.

---------- Post added 12-22-2012 at 02:14 PM ----------

Well i tried pairing them again, and the male was kinda scared. He ran straight out of her enclosure and right into her. She threw up a threat pose with him basically sitting right under her fangs. Then i sat there and waited. Finally i took my paintbrush and coaxed him out from under her, and then put him away. She ate just the other day, but other than that hasnt been eating alot. I need to get her fed up and try them again though. Other than that, nothing new.
hey hows the Lampy project going? notice anything happening yet?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ha,what are the odds,our Tap sack was BAD,and we are trying Lampro's for the first time later today. And thx for the Xmas card!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well that totally sucks. You didnt even get one baby? I still have the male, so will feed her up and toss him in. Maybe she will double clutch, or molt. You otta see how the L. nigerrimum males insert lol. Crazy fast. Your very welcome too.
Ha,what are the odds,our Tap sack was BAD,and we are trying Lampro's for the first time later today. And thx for the Xmas card!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Im sure its awesome. Ive seen vids of L.viola pairing, and the way the stomp/slap the ground vs drumming looks awesome. Is it the same with L nigerrimum?

Chrisduhfur and i recently got together and paired Lv, but we got witnessed no action. The male and female didnt seem to aware of each other. We decided to leave the couple alone, and we let them cohab in the dark for 3 days.
Chris reported seeing them close together a few times, and that he had heard rustling around on occasion? We dont know if any pairings were ever made, but im happy my male didn't get eaten at least :biggrin: Still waiting to hear back from Chris, to see if any signs are apparent. His female is MASSIVE and had molted a month prior to being paired.
I was able to ship the MM off to a member who has reported good things so far as well.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well my male vibrated, and the female drummed a little. Mostly what i was reffering to was the actual insertion. The male would hook the female, slide very very slowly under her, then get a lightning fast insertion. Then the millisecond he has inserted, he rubberbands straight backwards across the enclosure. Is pretty crazy to see, even though it happens so fast, your not sure anything happened lol.

Glad you and Chris's pairing went wellish. Hopefully he will be a daddy to atleast 1 sac of babies. Good luck on them.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus darlingi sac!

I knew she was going to be dropping any day now. Just found her with sac.