Species Cyriopagopus lividus (a.k.a. Haplopelma lividum)

Vogelspinnen

Arachnosquire
Hey guys,

John Apple

GoTerps

syndicate

Scolopendra55

Thanks!!!

I removed egg sack #2 from the female on day 15 this time and opened it on day 21 which leads me to beleive the sack is probably close to a week older than I had originally thought as their development is similar to the timeline of the first sack. I kept both females in the same area so when #1 laid her sack I didn't go near them for 2 weeks which could account for the difference.

Gabe

Last edited:

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow, the size difference between them looks massive. Glad I'm not in his place! :D

Congrats and good luck with the sac. :clap:

Marcelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello everyone !!!

I recently got my new H. Lividum, Shes a bit of a Maniatic !!!

It took me a few hours to take some pics, she was very reluctant to pose for me.

hope you enjoy the pics

Au revoir

Last edited:

Marcelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Please Wellcome My New H. Lividum

Here is another one of my H. Lividum, its a blury pic, but I like anyways..

Au revoir

Last edited:

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Impressive Pictures :clap: :drool:
Great looking specimen you got there , she is really pretty :drool:
Thanks for sharing

Marcelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for your coments, do not have idea if my lividum is a WC or not, I hope not.

Becca

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She is lovely, I really need to get one of these!

A good way to tell if a t is wild caught or not is if the t looks rather tatty and sort of scuffed/slightly bald... Although I suppose this isn't the case for some t's

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
VERY NICE! i love the colors on H.lividums, sadly you can never see them =[
oh well EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ATLEAST ONE OF THESE. Enjoy it!

rm90

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful Creature! Takes my words away its so magnificent! :)

((Also, congratulations on 100 posts Marcelo! :) ))

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Way to go Tom!

@GQ.: Dude if this works out you're going to be up to your eyeballs in H lividum slings!

Jeff

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Beautiful! Nice job Philth. Thank you for sharing the excellent photos. I have never managed to take any decent mating shots myself. Good luck with her!

Gilbert

Marcelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks To All Of You

Hello everyone!!!

I hate to post answering "yes or not" or "thank you" or "im agree with you or somethin else" just because I wanted to raise my post number. I never though to post 100+ posts in here since i became member back in2004. thanks for congratulate me for my 100+ he he he

Honestly I hate to do that, but anyways, my lividum is doing great, I had a few concerns about my lividum as for example they need lots of peatmoss like 15 cm high of it at least. I only put around 8 cm. because I ran out of peatmoss, now I got some more of it, but she alreally started to dig a hole, and she seems to be fine like that, so I think I will left my H. Lividum terrarium like that. I added a huge natural dry drift wood on it and shes digging towards below the drift wood, that will be great.

Regarding to the WC issue enless theme.
I do not know wether my H. Lividum is WC or not, because I feel theres to much to learn for me about T's but I always try not to get WC T's specially if they are Brachypelmas species, they are endangered species. Mexico is the fifth country in biodiversity in the globe, but we Mexicans and the rest are finishing with the population of Brachyplemas, we already stinguished my beloved Mexican grey wolf, parlots, birds, mammals, coyotes, hawks, eagles, bears deers, and losts of animals during the past 50 years.

As long as I know the people paint brachypelmas in black color in order to disguised the Mexican or US Customs and they exported T's as Aphonopelmas, or Gramastolas pulchras. It is imposible to reintroduce brachylemas raised in captivity back to were they belong, because that would decrease the pureness of the blood. As a Mexican I feel the urgency and the duty to protect not only mexican T species but also the others.

Sorry I just wanted to raise my hand and express my point of view.

Thanks again to all of you, It has been great to belog to this great site and to know and learn a lot from you "MEMBERS", It has been great to meet people who share this "GREAT HOBBIE".