Species Cyriopagopus lividus (a.k.a. Haplopelma lividum)

MES

Arachnosquire
Hello!
I have had a juvenile H. lividum/C. lividum (sorry, not quite sure if the new name is confirmed yet or what haha) for a while now and it just molted yesterday! I noticed some bluish coloring on its legs, and I'm wondering, do you guys have any pictures of mature/fully colored individuals? I know females are much more vibrant than males, but for some reason I can't seem to find a good picture when I look it up. I'm not sure if the pictures are doctored or just not the same species, but they all seem to be inconsistent. If you have any pictures of your cobalts, I'd love to see them!
Thanks!

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Cyriopagopus lividus*
The move from Haplopelma to Cyriopagopus was called into question in a more recent paper (Hauke, 2017 -- there is English within the article even though it's mainly German), so there are definitely conflicting recent publications.

But, based on World Spider Catalog you are correct and C. lividus is the accepted name at this time.

MES

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the replies! I, for some reason, didn't know the gallery was searchable lol, I'll look there. And it sounds like it's C. lividus now, so thanks for that info!

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Thanks for the replies! I, for some reason, didn't know the gallery was searchable lol, I'll look there. And it sounds like it's C. lividus now, so thanks for that info!
No worries. The forums can take a hot minute to get accustomed to navigating - when I first visited the site, I couldn't figure out how to access the sub forums and kept getting lost in the gallery, as little sense as that makes. :rofl:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
As has been said, the search tool is powerful ;) But here is my adult female, taken the day I got her from someone too scared to deal with her.

Raon

Arachnopeon
20200805_002525.jpg She is my Cyriopagopus lividus.(maybe, she was born into 2016).
When first day she came to my house. She was into induced burrow area.

20200805_225613.jpg Second day, She adapted under the Devils ivy... Why don't digging??

20200822_134620.jpg 20200822_220805.jpg Today...I gave up... She do not a burrow. But, she looks like a happy...