Species Cyriopagopus lividus (a.k.a. Haplopelma lividum)

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
amberlecemu said:
Gosh poor the Male!... well all for the family I guess.
He had it commin', not paying attention to his surroundings. I would have watched my a** if i were him. :D

Playing with fire? :wall:

Surely we all know who's hiding in the whole. He should have seen it comming. haha:p

And here is what happend last night at the minax residence. :)

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Those are some great photos. Gorgeous Cobalt lady. Good luck with the eggsac! :clap:

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok :/ it was a stupid male anyway so it dosnt matter hehe, thanks
I gues I will see a post on EI boards if the minax becomes slings :)? good luck

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bearo said:
ok :/ it was a stupid male anyway so it dosnt matter hehe, thanks
I gues I will see a post on EI boards if the minax becomes slings :)? good luck
Nah I dont wanna make the others jealous. :D Well the truth is that it's not that rare a species and I have so many gravid spiders, it would be a joke to make so many post's all the time because I got some slings hehe. I just mated one of my P. pulchers, if I get an fertile eggsack from her I might make a post. :)

bpage_10

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats on the sack and not getting bit by that lividium mama! :D

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Steffen said:
Nah I dont wanna make the others jealous. :D Well the truth is that it's not that rare a species and I have so many gravid spiders, it would be a joke to make so many post's all the time because I got some slings hehe. I just mated one of my P. pulchers, if I get an fertile eggsack from her I might make a post. :)
Have you had it ID:d as a real minax?
I ment on the Sales part, if you succeed.. but if you get slings and dont put it on EI-sales maby you could send me a PM? if you remember ;) hehe

matty J

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow, thats a great shot of the Colbalt. I would have pooped!!!

I dream of a spider room as nice as yours!

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Steffen said:
I don't think she likes me. {D She ran up my stick, when I tried to move her, she just wouldn't let go of that eggsack. :evil:

and for my next trick :D

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bearo said:
Have you had it ID:d as a real minax?
I ment on the Sales part, if you succeed.. but if you get slings and dont put it on EI-sales maby you could send me a PM? if you remember ;) hehe
Yes it is a real minax. The black evil thingy. :D The males are not completely black though, as you can see. I'm really not that informed about minax and variants, but I understand that there has been some confusion about minax/vonwirthi? :? There will be sold on EI boards and other boards aswell if I get some slings. But only half of them is mine, since the male is not (was not :D ) mine.

and for my next trick :D
You rarely see haplopelmas out of their burrows, but when you do, you are ensured alot of entertainment. Maybe she was a chinese acrobat in a past life. :D

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Steffen said:
Yes it is a real minax. The black evil thingy. :D The males are not completely black though, as you can see. I'm really not that informed about minax and variants, but I understand that there has been some confusion about minax/vonwirthi? :? There will be sold on EI boards and other boards aswell if I get some slings. But only half of them is mine, since the male is not (was not :D ) mine.
Ok great :)
There are some color variants of minax, but no big changes..
As I understand it, H. sp. "vietnam" was described into H. vonwithi by G. Schmidt. But the description was to poor (there wasnt a holotype) so that didnt go throu.. Right now its considerd to be H. minax "vietnam" but on unstable ground, but Volker is working on it..
This is the way I have understood it, but I might be wrong..

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Can't post an official version because I don't know the outcome yet but I thought there are some that would like to see pics:

Male was provided by Gilbert (GQ.)...

First he 'danced' on the entry to her burrow (either very brave or very stupid):

and then when that wasn't getting the response he needed he decided to go find her (again brave or foolish I have no idea):

and then out she came....

and posed for the insertion:

Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Jeff

Last edited: