Species Cyriopagopus lividus (a.k.a. Haplopelma lividum)

r4iney

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What a brave little male - walking down the hole, atleast he got something. Really cool pictures - also good luck.:)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i was wondering, do you keep cobalts substrate moist or bonedry? in general i mean

Parahybana3590

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
demonhunter said:
i was wondering, do you keep cobalts substrate moist or bonedry? in general i mean
I believe you are generally suppost to keep the substrate moist.

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sweet! Excellent photo documentation Jeff. I'm excited over here! Best of luck with the happy couple. :)

Gilbert

Ralph

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats!
very nice Ts and pics.with the funny notes

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
GQ. said:
Sweet! Excellent photo documentation Jeff. I'm excited over here! Best of luck with the happy couple. :)

Gilbert
Actually, it's gotten more risque than that as I believe I witnessed a successful insertion from the other male last night too!

(and no you don't get 66% of the sac ;P )

Jeff

Vogelspinnen

Arachnosquire
Haplopelma lividum #2

Sack 2 has also budded with 1 undeveloped egg and 155 nymphs, totaling 269 from both sacks. Not bad considering I never saw any breedings as the pairs stood still - frozen for up to 3 hours at a time finally leaving the male in for overnights as I was loosing patience. He was eaten by female 2 on his 3rd overnight.

So far so good -- practicing turning eggsacks by hand to get ready for more difficult to breed/produce species.

Gabe

Last edited:

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Jeff_C said:
(and no you don't get 66% of the sac ;P )

Jeff
Dang! :) Heheh. Here is a photo of the first male before he molted out all leggy and brown.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice job Gabe!

Looks like I have some slings to shell out!