Species Cyriopagopus lividus (a.k.a. Haplopelma lividum)

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow now that is a beaut! I like your pics to very very good. I hope to take pics like you someday. Very proffesional looking. I have one of these spids too. I hope mine grow up to be as beautiful as yours. :)

ParabuthusKing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Endangered species

very well said about endangered species..you seem very thoughtful on this issue which i like to see more people do..also congrats on the t..she is beautiful, and i love the contrast between azul y negro colores..::)..;)

Marcelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey Brazil

I have seen your pics too, your Terrariums are awesome!!!. It takes a lot of time, effort and patiece to achieve something like that but the results are rewarding. I like to spend hours with my Ts taking pics and feeding them.

Au revoir

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow those are some amazing shots ...Props to who ever photograph'd !:clap: Thanks for sharing and good luck with everything !
keep us posted on anyup dates !

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice !!! i love this species, simply fascinating, I have to females that are in dieying need of a male :8o Hopefully soon enough i will get them a beautiful male hehehehehehehehe :drool: Excellent pics bros ! Cya around

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i got to get me a new camera. Very nice pictures.

bodar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

will post pics of him after the molt tomoro:cool:

also he is much bigger than that last photo, even there he is pretty crunched up

Topcat1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, that Lividum looks exactly like my Lividum when it was a juvenile. He is now a mature male. Beautiful spider btw. Shouldn't be too much longer until you can tell.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Arachnoking said:
i would say that cobalt is a female :)
Why?

Oh, and I can't believe the fallacy about all lividum males being brown their entire lives is STILL doing the rounds....

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got a male H. lividum on breeding loan to put with my recently molted female. The problem is her cage isn't really great for breeding, especially with this fast species. Here is what ended up going down......

The solution to a 4.5 diameter cage with no room to put a male.....

You can just barely see the female at the bottom of the farthest hole....

He goes down one hole.....shakes his abdomen...and she starts coming up the other......

He comes all the way around the back side and tries to mate with her on the surface.

Here you can see him sneaking around the back, you have to look closely....sorry for the quality!

I missed the shot! He ran so fast! This is just the female after the male left her sad and lonely on the surface....I think he had a successful insertion.

The male went down into the burrow....impossible to get him out as of now, so I fed her a little treat.

Hopefully she'll let the male live.....

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I should be receiving one of these tommorrow and I'm just wondering. In the pic it seems as if the male is more of an all around brown color as opposed to the female who seems to have the usual silverish with blue leg coloration.Do males not get the same coloration? Also how long before either one starts to display the color. Sorry for posting this here but it seems as if you are pretty knowledgable about this.
-Jorge

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You'll most likely start to see a lot of the really nice blue color around the 2 inch mark or so, starting around the bases of the legs. Some get it earlier, some later. That is if you see the T at all. I've been lucky with my burrowers, they always take to a starter burrow along the edge of the cage. (Another reason the diameter of her cage is only about as big as her legspan.....) Males will have the same blue color all the way to penultimate or ultimate molt when they turn brownish. Females don't lose the color.

Oh, and thank you for the compliment...I do my best.

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thx alot for the answer. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a female.
-Jorge

AR-Tarantula

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great looking spider but it needs lots of substrate to burrow into. Looks like it is desperate for some place to hide.

Parahybana3590

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
AR-Tarantula said:
Great looking spider but it needs lots of substrate to burrow into. Looks like it is desperate for some place to hide.
I agree. Great T, Needs DEEP substrate(like all Haplopelma's do).