Species Cyriopagopus lividus (a.k.a. Haplopelma lividum)

Peter_Parker

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yup, this is true

I guess it's the same with just about every hobby. When I first got back into spiders I was like "well, I'll get a Rosea and a cobalt, and that'll be it". But now I've been sucked in and I keep wanting more! bwahahahahahahaha!!! {D I'm getting a ton of miscellaneous spiders probably tommorow or friday (all true spiders e.g orb weavers, widows, etc.) It wouldn't be so much about the money if I was buying slings, but they kinda have a tendency to like dying when I keep them, so all mine are gonna be adult females (I might get a blondi sling cause they tend to be bigger, right?).

H

homeskillet_96

I also just got a H. lividum and she hung out on the side of the glass for about three weeks before it burrowed. Now I haven't seen her in about three weeks and I am loving my new pet hole.
Sam

Peter_Parker

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lol, the famous pet hole

homeskillet_96 said:
I also just got a H. lividum and she hung out on the side of the glass for about three weeks before it burrowed. Now I haven't seen her in about three weeks and I am loving my new pet hole.
Sam
yep, I haven't seen mine in a while now. At first I didn't think she'd make a hole, she kept hanging out on the side of the glass. now I just toss crickets down the hole and they're never seen again..... bwahahahahahahahaha! {D Here's a picture of her now:

Attachments

K MUELLER

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:rolleyes: Yeah maybe if you are real lucky,you can check late at night,with your red light,and see your ''pethole'' in the open,good luck and enjoy!!!!! later-Karl

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Almost every night

Mine comes out almost every night. I can tell by the peat moss particles
she tracks into her water dish.

big-n-hairy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if you want one with as you put it, a no B.S. attitude, go for H. minax. dark as midnight and it will take no crap. mine is pure evil :evil:

Peter_Parker

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mexican8s said:
Mine comes out almost every night. I can tell by the peat moss particles
she tracks into her water dish.
Yeah, I think the resident of my pet hole comes out on a nightly basis, too. I can tell because some of the peat is moved around and there's more webbing on the sides of the tank now. I'm gonna stay up all night with a red flashlight and watch for her! {D

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is my 3.5" wc female I bought this spring. She developed a lump on the side of her abdomen but after this molt is half the size it was.

Last edited:

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice looking lividum. Her backlegs almost look fuzzy.

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's made bad camera skills :8o Yeah I was wanting to sell her until I dug her up to re-house her. She has beenn crappy looking since I got her until now :razz: I just hope that bump on her abdomen goes away with next molt.

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's the best picture I can get of mine.

she's eating

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice looking cobalt. How big & what is the sex? To bad they don't come out as often as we would like. I have to that are about 3-3.5" and one pokes it's legs out every night But the other one is rarely seen.

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice lividum, I have a 5" lividum I'm not sure on the sex though...

lilmountaingrrl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What a beauty!! The colors are so vivid, it's breathtaking :)

I've got a lividum sling that is still pretty small, so the colors arent what they should be yet.....

I've heard that Cobalt Blue's blue coloration comes out even more pronounced under special lightening..... does anyone know what type of lighting is reccommended?

Mad_Death, did you have any special lights on yours when you shot the pics?

M

Mad_Death

lividum is femal I dont know how big is it i have sun light + flash from dig camera (aparat?)

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think its sad to see people keeping their Ts in such small containers .. i mean like in this case it can't even borrow ...