Species Cyriopagopus lividus (a.k.a. Haplopelma lividum)

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very nice burrow your t has built. i was thinking of getting 1 someday. :)

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice very nice pics of your t with the pedipalps and all. is that a male? :?

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
did it made the burrow on its own? how deep do you think the burrow is? i really like it's burrow very neat. :?

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cloud711 said:
did it made the burrow on its own? how deep do you think the burrow is? i really like it's burrow very neat. :?
So the pedipalps pics were made with the purpose of someone telling me whether it might indicate a possible male or not.

The burrow was made by her. She made in the second day that i owned her (normally it takes a few weeks). I would say it has around 20 cm cos thats the amount o subs that there is ... its a real pitty cos in less than two weeks i am gonna move her to a larger custom made tank.

Hope that answers your questions.

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im not good at sexing t so im not quite sure about the pedipalp. up to now i still dont know the sex of my t's. it's been almost 2 months since i started this hobby. i need to learn sexing my t's. :? good luck with your t. :)

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cloud711 said:
im not good at sexing t so im not quite sure about the pedipalp. up to now i still dont know the sex of my t's. it's been almost 2 months since i started this hobby. i need to learn sexing my t's. :? good luck with your t. :)

yeah thjx. man.

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cpt.nemO said:
What about the pedipalps ??? anyone ???
Hi,
The pics are no good, sorry I wasn't more specific. They need to be lateral/from the side, and they need to be clear, even if you have to shoot from further away, just make the pic clear. But I'd need to see the palp exactly side on.

Wait up, best way is to show you :) Here is a pic of a penultimate male theraphosid. Look hard at the shape of the palpal tarsi, you can see it distorts somewhat prior to the ultimate instar. See the curve inward on the dorsal surface of the tarsus???? Also the swelling on the ventral basal area??? On a typical apenultimate/penultimate female, the palpal tarsi will resemble the shape of all the other tarsi on legs I-IV. NOT on the penultimate male however, also in some apenultimate instar males too.

Steve

Last edited:

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Steve Nunn said:
Hi,
The pics are no good, sorry I wasn't more specific. They need to be lateral/from the side, and they need to be clear, even if you have to shoot from further away, just make the pic clear. But I'd need to see the palp exactly side on.

Wait up, best way is to show you :) Here is a pic of a penultimate male theraphosid. Look hard at the shape of the palpal tarsi, you can see it distorts somewhat prior to the ultimate instar. See the curve inward on the dorsal surface of the tarsus???? Also the swelling on the ventral basal area??? On a typical apenultimate/penultimate female, the palpal tarsi will resemble the shape of all the other tarsi on legs I-IV. NOT on the penultimate male however, also in some apenultimate instar males too.

Steve

NOw i got it steve, i am going to try to take a good pic ;) man isn't that container a little small ???

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cpt.nemO said:
man isn't that container a little small ???
Yes it is :) What makes you think the spider lives in it??? The silk??? That's 2 nights work during a move I made, lol

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Steve Nunn said:
Yes it is :) What makes you think the spider lives in it??? The silk??? That's 2 nights work during a move I made, lol

Oh i see ;) i also hasve my small temporary containers heheheheheheh ;)

ta t a..

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am always fearful of buying Old world T's, especially Haplopelma. The guy could sell you a cup of dirt and you would never be the wiser, lol. {D

xWARxPATHx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hedorah99 said:
I am always fearful of buying Old world T's, especially Haplopelma. The guy could sell you a cup of dirt and you would never be the wiser, lol. {D
I bought this little bugger off of Botar it was in a vial I put it in that container. That was an experience hehe it was the first time I've dealt with Cobalt Blues. I was putting it in its enclosure my girlfriend was helping it ran up the side and jumped out onto her leg then onto the ground and just froze there. I got it in the container in a few seconds but I had the lid upside down so I had to wait until it was done running circles around the top of it to flip it over and close it. :wall: Thats why I always change their containers on the ground just incase something like that happens. I had the same problem with a A. versicolor yesterday it ran up my paintbrush onto my arm.

Scolopendra

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if you can preconstruct some tunnels/burrows you can see them alot more. at least thats what my fiance does and her 1.25" sling is always visible. you just may want to keep the container in a darker area so they arent all confused by the death lights shining in their burrow at all odd hours and feel the need to burrow towards the center of the container. love the personality of this species. whats the legspan on your brown ball o'fury?

xWARxPATHx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Scolopendra said:
if you can preconstruct some tunnels/burrows you can see them alot more. at least thats what my fiance does and her 1.25" sling is always visible. you just may want to keep the container in a darker area so they arent all confused by the death lights shining in their burrow at all odd hours and feel the need to burrow towards the center of the container. love the personality of this species. whats the legspan on your brown ball o'fury?
About 1.5" I have all my tarantulas in my closet with a pretty set schedule of lighting so it doesn't get all confused by lights going on and off.