Species Cyriopagopus lividus (a.k.a. Haplopelma lividum)

8 legged freak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
very impressive :clap: :D i hope to get one of those T's soon, and how did you get it's entire whole home out whole :confused: i think that is brilliant :D it would come in useful when teaching kids about tarantulas and how they live i.e. burrows :p

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have to admit very impressive :eek: photo of that borrow...it shows all the characteristics a tarantula uses when she builds it...good job buddy !!bdw nice lividum... :clap:

Aaron

Puppet Master

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
very cool. it doesnt matter how many times I see this T, but i am always impressed w/ it, and your pics make me like it even more.

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I love these guys. Thanks for posting the pics...the one of the burrow intact is very cool!

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great photos of a gorgeous T. Would love to be able to "extract" the entire burrow like that!

Peter_Parker

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Teh heh, it took like 1.5 weeks for my payment to get there, and then my bratty little sister decided not to sign for the package so I had to drive up to the post office during rush hour to get the package before it closed :razz: , but my female cobalt blue (which I bought from Dean at Northwest Inverts) is finally here, and she's a beaut'! Now that I have my favorite spider, I'm gonna get some more pretty (yet, less expensive ;) ) T's. Any suggestions? l8r :D

Attachments

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
less expensive?? Psalmopoeus irminia, Cyclosternum fasciatum, Aphonopelma seemani (blue).

If you want cool markings you could go heteroscodra maculata, any pterinochilus sp., Pokie regalis.

and if you win the lottery Cyriopagopus sp. (blue), Pocilotheria metallica.

happy hunting

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Any pokie, B. Smithi, B. auratum (sp?), B. Vagans any avic, I like the hystereocrates genus, but some people think they're ugly brown spiders, P. Murinis, I'll post more when I have time.

Great T

Peter_Parker

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Less expensive, e.g college student affordable ;) Those sound like good choices, I'll look into them. Just because a spider's brown doesn't make it boring, not to me anyway... It's its behaviour too that I like. Cobalt blues have nice color and all, but I like them mainly because of their no B.S attitude. I've had enough handleable, happy go lucky T's, it's time for something with more pep :D

xWARxPATHx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats before I got into this hobby I wanted to get an H. lividum and an E. murinus and now I have both.

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice lividum you got there. if your interested in old world t's try to get a thai zebra. they are beautiful t's in my opinion. :)

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
sugestions

p irminia, cambridgei, c cyaneopubescens, b vagans, pokies, Avicularia hurriana, and a versicolor all come to mind

Peter_Parker

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
xWARxPATHx said:
Congrats before I got into this hobby I wanted to get an H. lividum and an E. murinus and now I have both.
Yep, H. lividum was always my fav, and now I have one. I want E. murinus too, but is the skeleton pattern yellow, white, or does it vary from specimen to specimen? can't really tell from the net' pics I've seen. :D

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Peter_Parker said:
Less expensive, e.g college student affordable ;) Those sound like good choices, I'll look into them. Just because a spider's brown doesn't make it boring, not to me anyway... It's its behaviour too that I like. Cobalt blues have nice color and all, but I like them mainly because of their no B.S attitude. I've had enough handleable, happy go lucky T's, it's time for something with more pep :D
If you like that attitude, then you'll love H. Gigas. Same personality, only grows to 8 or 9 inches. Will actually flip on it's back in a threat display :eek: Check out C. Crawshayi. My favorite T, up there with P Regalis on my want list.

Maybe if you're lucky, P. Metallica breeding will take off, and those will become more affordable.

Speaking of: I know P. Metallica is new in the hobby, but I've also heard that they breed readily. So why isn't there more of them?
I know there's only four bloodlines (ok...for the sticklers: hemolymph :D ) That probably has something to do with it.

Peter_Parker

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd really like a crawshayi, but I hear they take forever to grow... Wouldn't mind getting one eventually, I have a huge one in my preserved collection, but I like the living ones better ;) Oh look, more pics! :D She doesn't seem to be very interested in burrowing, just hanging out on the side of the tank, or sitting by the log...

Attachments

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
once i finally brought a female H.Lividum i wnated something else, just like you. I would say either go for a Brazilian Black (G.Pulchra) or a king baboon (C.Crawshayi)