Species Brachypelma emilia

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice setups, I wish I had room for a couple of Tanks. How big is that B.Emilia?

FOX

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The Juice said:
Nice setups, I wish I had room for a couple of Tanks. How big is that B.Emilia?

The top picture is the new Emilia, it is thumb nail size, (no name for her as yet---any suggestions?)the second picture is 'Socrates' my Pulchra. The others are my tanks & the tall tank has 'Spooks' in it, my avic metalica. Saved by good advice from Dr Zuum.

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
FOX said:
The top picture is the new Emilia, it is thumb nail size, (no name for her as yet---any suggestions?)the second picture is 'Socrates' my Pulchra. The others are my tanks & the tall tank has 'Spooks' in it, my avic metalica. Saved by good advice from Dr Zuum.
Name her Achilles......nice setups!!

Aaron

FOX

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Jeez! How many have you got now?

Well i've got a Vagans / an Avic / a G. rosie (our 1st) / a Pulchra / a albopilosa / a smithi / an emilia (got yesterday) & 7 baby rosie's (their Micks who said ''no more T's!)
I have just ordered a 3" versicolor & a 6" blondi! (yikes)

I aint stoppin there though, not by a long chalk!:D

FOX

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
aaronrefalo said:
Name her Achilles......nice setups!!

Aaron

You got it;) Achilles it is.

Nice name, it suits her/him. '''dont you just love little ACHILLES?''':D

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Little Achilles is indeed sweet! It's so cool to watch the colors evolve on the brachys! Looks like you have 4 brachypelma, now. Your tanks are looking good too...love that exo-terra and its inhabitant! Then again it's no secret that I just love avics. Glad you are getting the versi, at a better price, I assume. On the first tank pictured on the left, I'm curious, what do you have on the top?

FOX

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gesticulator said:
Little Achilles is indeed sweet! It's so cool to watch the colors evolve on the brachys! Looks like you have 4 brachypelma, now. Your tanks are looking good too...love that exo-terra and its inhabitant! Then again it's no secret that I just love avics. Glad you are getting the versi, at a better price, I assume. On the first tank pictured on the left, I'm curious, what do you have on the top?[/QUO

Hiya, the small tank has micro mesh on the top, the one next to it is also micro mesh but i couldn't get it wide enough so i have just slipped in a dinner place mat over the edge because Socrates my Pulchra is a bit of an escape artist, as i found out the other day, she is such a bitch, proberbly takes after me!:D

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah, we all learn to improvise! You will likely be bringing in a shelving system as the desk space fills up quickly! Good luck on your growing collection! An escaping G pulchra? Interesting...

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
FOX said:
You got it;) Achilles it is.

Nice name, it suits her/him. '''dont you just love little ACHILLES?''':D
Great name you chose..!!!....im proud i named a T of someone else!!:)

Aaron

Last edited:

FOX

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gesticulator said:
yeah, we all learn to improvise! You will likely be bringing in a shelving system as the desk space fills up quickly! Good luck on your growing collection! An escaping G pulchra? Interesting...
Funny you should say that because I was just saying to Mick earlier today that we orta put up some kind of shelving unit because all my tanks are on a 100 year old sideboard & i dont think the constant heat from the mats will do it much good.
gonna have to do something though as i have another tank ready & waiting for a new ocupent & i have 2 more T's on order.

You said 'escaping Pulchra with a '?' 'tongue in cheek, do you know of other escaping Pulchras?:D

LHP

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My juvie female B. emilia molted this weekend...I was lucky enough to get some pics. Her choice of molting positions made me nervous but she did just fine.

She looked like she had a parasite emerging and that parasite was a much bigger emilia:) ! Anyway here are a few pics...

Lindsey

Attachments

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats One gorgous looking T !
Wow i really like that last pic thanks for sharing
i definatly have to get one of these !

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
great series!