back from French Guyana

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sweet pictures guys. Thank you for sharing!

Jakob

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I figure there is no sense to start another thread for a second trip to the same place...

Coolest salticidae I ever saw

Will try to get around to post more pictures eventually.

Martin

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awsome salticid Martin ! Hope to join you next year :)
Cheers
Eric

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Chris, well that is a picture from my recent trip.

Sorry if any of you were waiting, just finally got around to start resizing some pictures. So here are some of them, in no particular order.

This one I just like, an early morning in the jungle

These guys are very hard to photograph, they are the gigantic damsel flies, they really do not land for a long time. They are so thin and long (I would say this one was between 8 to 9" long) that they are hard to get as a whole properly. This picture is too bright, but the only decent one I managed to get, anyhow, I am very far from being a good photograph, so let's just enjoy the animals and forget about my lousy techniques!

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the last post was edited because I posted the turtle picture twice unstead of the damsel fly!

Some more pics

A nice crab spider

I really like wasps and their kins, there is certainly no shortage of these out there. These are some kind of solitary ones, quite nice, but again hard to picture as they never really land anywhere for any length of time

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
some more

I really like these two!

One of my favourite bugs of the trip, I am happy about that picture

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
These ones are for the scorpion lovers! I was very delighted about these finds, some Tityus cambridgei. Éric, Amanda and I had not found any on our first trip, so I was really happy and excited to see these. Impressive scorpions they are.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
some termites, plenty of these of course

back to spiders... the essentials! This little guy is so fuzzy that I thought I was not able to get the animal in focus from looking on the small view screen. I decided to give up only to find out that the pictures were in fact in focus, just that the spider was so fuzzy!

green little huntsman (I think)

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
a bit of reptiles

found this fellow sleeping on a branch, fair size lizard... I think he was not happy to be bothered, but nevertheless we were "allowed" to take as many pictures as we wanted.

a smaller lizard

we never get to see any snakes usually, we were delighted to see this long slender snake in the middle of the path, was not easy to photograph once more because of it's slenderness (is that even a word! LOL).

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
a praying mantid sleeping at night

a gorgeous spider

will post a few pictures of amphibiens... aside from spiders, they are definatly my favourites

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
this little Hyla sp. (I think, I lent my book on FG amphibiens to someone, so I cannot ID it at the moment) was one of the highlights of the trip, I was so excited to see this little guy!

as per last time, plenty of D. ventrimaculatus, gorgeous little frogs, but hard to render their nice colors with pictures taken at night.

Definatly another highlight... was #1 on my wish list of things to see, we finally got to see some D. tinctorius... absolutly gorgeous animals, some true gems of nature. For me, there is not much that beats seeing these in the wild. Unfortunatly, not the best of pictures, I was very dissapointed when I got home.

We even had the luck to see another color form on a different mountain, this one lacks most of the blue on the sides and has a lot of yellow on top.

That is it for the moment, will resize some more when I get the chance.

Thank you for looking

Martin

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Jesse & Chris, thank you for the nice comments.

Some more critters...

This frog, we spent at least an hour around it looking for small Ts on the ground, only noticed it because I almost put my hand on it! It was very well camouflaged.

Can you cay huge appetite, this little guy redefines the standards! At first I though it was carrying eggs (I know nothing about these type of bugs) and then I went "wait a minute", I still cannot believe how many termites he is carrying!

One of many caterpillars we have seen, don't know why, but I always enjoy seeing weird caterpillars.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Seen quite a few opilionids this time, this is one of them

another strange caterpillar

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Another opilionid

anyone like crayfish? sorry the picture is not so good.