back from French Guyana

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Excellent photos Martin!Thanks for sharing :]
I especially like those wasps/hornets you found!Id be wary bout getting to close to them tho hehe.Hey wheres all the tarantula photos?I'm sure you must have seen some there ;]
-Chris

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Singblue,

FG is actually expensive because of the plane ticket and the fact that everything is in euros down there. Depends of course what you do exactly down there, if you rent a car, what kind of accomodations you choose, etc. For two weeks, if you want freedom (rent a car), hard to make it under 3000$ I would say, plane alone will set you back 1500$ or more. There are some much cheaper destinations like Costa Rica where you will see as many, if not more things (from what I have been told from people who done both, the FG forest is very discrete).

Chris, there certainly are some T pics, but I am not putting them on the net, not to be a jerk or anything, just that I am working on a publication and wish to keep the shots for that. So eventually you should be able to see them.

Thank you everyone once more

Martin

eman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow! Amazing shots Martin, congrats to you and Amanda!

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Hey guys :)

Awesome pics !!!!!

Martin so sad about the Owl.
I feel your pain.. been there myself but it was that I decided to leave the camera at home all together.

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow, great photos.

I know where I want to go on holiday!

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thank you again everyone, can't wait to go back on the field!

Martin

Anthony Straus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the last post was edited because I posted the turtle picture twice unstead of the damsel fly!

Some more pics

I really like wasps and their kins, there is certainly no shortage of these out there. These are some kind of solitary ones, quite nice, but again hard to picture as they never really land anywhere for any length of time

Pretty sure that is a fly. Only 1 set of wings means diptera.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thank you! shows how much I know! LOL Looked waspish to me he he

Martin

Anthony Straus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thank you! shows how much I know! LOL Looked waspish to me he he

Martin
Actually now that I'm looking closer I can't tell 100%...haha

I cannot see any calypters, and I cannot tell for sure that there is not another wing behind the other.

If you have a high-rez image you can have a go at trying to ID, at least to family based on the wing venation.

Andras

Arachnopeon
Wow

Those pictures are incredible! Thank you for sharing them with us. You must have an awesome camera, and even more skills to use it. I haven't had the best luck taking pics of my own T's in their keepers. Thanks again, I can't wait for future pictures from you.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well... for those who are not bored yet with my FG pictures, here are some from our new trip, just came back a week or so ago. I hope you like them.

I will start with the amphibians

First is a classic, the cane toad. I normally do not bother taking pictures anymore, but it was first time I see a couple mating and the second one, I just liked the pose on a coconut shell, looks like the master of the pond!

next one, an Atelopus sp., I think A. franciscus, a very dark one. I am always excited to see harlequin toads in nature, it is like a kid's dream come true

then the dendorbatids, first D. ventrimaculatus, this was on the patio porch where we were staying, hence the unfortunate cerramic tiles.

and of course, the ever amazing D. tinctorius in all it's splendor

Martin

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
for the reptile lovers, here are a few pictures

the sleeping beauty

this false coral, I was very happy to see.

last, but certainly not least, the guy I almost stepped on, might have been the end of me, a Bothrops atrox.

More to come

Martin

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
will get rid of the bird pics, only two since I suck at taking bird pictures!

more to come

Martin

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
All right, time to get serious and carry on with the bug pictures, in no particular order or classifications!

more to come

Martin

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
take a look at the eyes on this one, totally insane!

more to come!

Martin