back from French Guyana

eman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fantastic pictures Martin! Thanks for sharing.

james41777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for sharing!
what is the thing in the first pic in my myriapod section?

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Awesome pics, Thanks for sharing Martin. How long was the flight to get there? I 've heard you have to island hop to get there, and the flight could be as long as 20 hours?

Awesome pics, -Tom

Last edited:

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:worship: :worship: :worship: :drool: :drool: :drool:

i wish i could go there :drool: i wouldne leave hahaha,
nice pics and finds looks like you guys had a great time,

thanks for posting some pics.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Martin,

Is that a bushmaster in post 1? If so ... WOW!

Cheers,
Dave

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Tom,

yes, it is a pain to get there... first we have to overnight in Miami as there is no way to make the connection in any other way. The next day the flight is 9 hours, with stops in Haiti, Guadeloupe and Martinique... a long day!

Dave,

Yes it is, but unfortunatly this was not seen in the wild, it was at one guy's place that had a small juvenile in captivity. I did not see a single snake while there. Amanda seen 2 briefly.

Thanks for the comments everyone

Martin

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Holy moly! That was an amazing post!
Thanks for sharing!!
How big was that blondi?
Did you get an ID on the Phoneutria?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
WOW AMAZING POST AND PICTURES!!! I HOPE TO GO THERE ONE DAY IN THE FUTURE!! VERY NICE, I CANT STOP LOOKING AT THOSE PICTURES, what kind of camera are you using?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey Martin,
Looks like you all had a blast!!! Makes me want to go down there. Are there many English speakers down there?

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks again everyone,

Lelle, if I had to guess the T. blondi must have been around 8" legspan. For the Phoneutria sp., I have no clue as I really know nothing about them.

Novak, I use a Canon Rebel XT

Brian, good question, I did not really pay attention to that since I am french so no problem for me. I would say there are a few that do, I do not think it is much a problem since most of the time you are hiking in the forest, for the rest it is no different as if you would choose to visit France, you will most undoubtly have problems being "understood" but I am sure you can get around to it. I just ask Amanda what she felt about it being the only non french speaking of the group and she seemed to say that it is "problematic" indeed, she said unless you speak Portuguese, you can speak with the Brazilians there! LOL

I was helping some Americans at Rochambeau airport filling in their US custom cards as they only hand out the french version! LOL The guy said he had just learned more french then in his 3 weeks stay! LOL

Take care

Martin

Timmy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow that's great stuff. Did you take any back to Canada?

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi there,
Most of Martin's photos and mine are the same, so here are some pics of other things.

I start with some landscape photos...

Caves

Martin and social spiders' web

Convict prison in the forest

The prisoners ;)

The guards observed the prisoners walking on the cells

The toilets

Martin diging

Savannah

Cayenne

Martin and myself

Our guards ;)

Some nice wasps...

...me puting my head under cold water after being stung in the head by one of those wasps ;) (VERY painful)

A nice ant (more than 1 inch)...

...me after being stung in the hand and stomach by three of them ;) (EXTREMELY painful during 12 hours)

Last edited:

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some arachnids...

An alcoholic Avicularia ;)

Last edited:

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice pics to the both of you!!!! I love all the animals and forest pics....I'm just wondering where do we sign up to go on a hunting trip with you 3?:D