Avic Versicolor/Peru Purple/ Hybrid Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

arachnidsrulz12

Arachnosquire
to correct you, I would say some, few
there is over four dozen species of Avicularia genus, and Am sure more that we dont even know about it
I don't need a correction I like to say whatever I want ;P

I already said that we don't know their are different genus of avic

read the beggining of the post lol

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't need a correction I like to say whatever I want ;P

I already said that we don't know their are different genus of avic

read the beggining of the post lol
Attitude like that... You won't last long around here.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes another opinion just like yours. and I just have to say I would have thought that if you were serious about not having hybrids you would pick very carefully where you got your spiders from anyway so no change there.

and your fun and games example happens more often enough anyway, when people buy things like a phampo sp thinking it is a T. blondi and countless other examples that have nothing to do with hybrids and more to do with eithe,r people knowingly ripping people off or very bad IDs that no one bothers to check. so no change there either.
just sayn........
little bit of difference between mis ID and crossbreeding...no?
just sayin.........

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
little bit of difference between mis ID and crossbreeding...no?
just sayin.........
+1. That was a horrible example. Atleast with a misidentification like that, you could still breed them without messing anything up or hybridizing.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
did they stop fighting? I read the first 2 pages and got bored. My opinion is that many RESPONSIBLE people who you say you may give too would feel against it, but like I said, MANY responsible people, not all. But If most the people who are actualy responsible dont want them, the people you are giving them to may be IResponsible. That probably didn't make alot of sense but I tried... lol

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We often see the argument "it happens in the wild" and yet we rarely see the ramifications of that, its rather a sweeping statement that many use, and yet there's few examples of it. Many species are pocketed into areas that restrict hybridising due to natural elements, eg rivers, islands, mountain regions etc.
However, when hobbyists quote this occurrence they rarely stick to species that might be found to hybridise, and therefore IMO merely use it to support their argument.
The 2 species mentioned are separated by a good many miles and plenty of water. In the wild they'd never meet except by the intervention of man. Peru and the Antilles Islands are at least 800 miles apart. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if that failure to examine locational hybridisation resulted in the loss of either the male or the female.

Looking at your profile it suggests you're 25 yrs old, and you say you've been keeping Ts for 15 years. Most people I know that have kept Ts for that duration are keen to avoid hybridisation, they are aware of the results, the threat to hobby stock, and importantly they are aware of the importance of the correct procedure and how to suggest their trials in forums without attracting so much negativity. Your 15 years of experience may have taught you husbandry but it lacks so much understanding.

Of course you'd have to ask how sure you are that your Avics aren't already hybrids.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed: The only winning move is not to play :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

Stop feeding the troll, people.

It's all mind games, playing on wordplay.

Heated discussions, name-calling, etc etc= happy troll

My opinion? :embarrassed: no cross-breeding :embarrassed:

Closure of this thread, and permanently locked, that gets my vote. Anyone in agreement?

arachnidsrulz12

Arachnosquire
:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed: The only winning move is not to play :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

Stop feeding the troll, people.

It's all mind games, playing on wordplay.

Heated discussions, name-calling, etc etc= happy troll

My opinion? :embarrassed: no cross-breeding :embarrassed:

Closure of this thread, and permanently locked, that gets my vote. Anyone in agreement?
yeah, I think we should lock this thread

I'm with u

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It will probably not be any offspring from this due to different komplex within the genus as i wrote earlier.

arachnidsrulz12: Yes you can say whatever you want to about genus, species etc but if you are serious you should learn what a genus and specie is. Do you even know what theraphosidae is?

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It will probably not be any offspring from this due to different komplex within the genus as i wrote earlier.

arachnidsrulz12: Yes you can say whatever you want to about genus, species etc but if you are serious you should learn what a genus and specie is. Do you even know what theraphosidae is?
Yep, after the smart phone and google meet theraphosidae search string... I'm sure he does!

Last edited:

arachnidsrulz12

Arachnosquire

I know what a genus and species is

look at the thread first than reply

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know what a genus and species is

look at the thread first than reply
Well I'm confused still wondering where these, them and those fit in. Lots of tude in this thread and no plausible reasons. To the OP you brag of these high end T's that you have, don't you think time would be better spent on breeding them? My opinion on crossbreeding is just because you can don't mean you should. My 2 cents.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No I didn't (do you read English?) Second do not call me a liar then you and I will have problems. My intention is to go to Vanderbilt and seek help...Being from Canada I doubt you even know what school I am talking about. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Your probably right :clap:....Odds are against me :?...However experience is with me :D..So you never know..
Just want to say that now you are calling down Canadians. Judging from the posts you have made I would bet my collection that I could name more American Academic Institutions than you could.

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I asked a friend of mine with a lot of knowledge about this and he think that it wont work because A. versicolor and Avicularia sp. "Peru purple" belong to different komplex within the genus.
Well I guess we may find out if your friend knows what he is talking about then....:D

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Just want to say that now you are calling down Canadians. Judging from the posts you have made I would bet my collection that I could name more American Academic Institutions than you could.
Not trying to affend any Canadians however I was tired of that guys condesending attitude. Being that he has been on the boards for about a year I don't take his attitude or comments seriously at all... But I apologize for the use of Canada in the subject

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Well I'm confused still wondering where these, them and those fit in. Lots of tude in this thread and no plausible reasons. To the OP you brag of these high end T's that you have, don't you think time would be better spent on breeding them? My opinion on crossbreeding is just because you can don't mean you should. My 2 cents.
Yeah your totally right my time would be better spent with them and I plan on taking that time for those spiders. However I am waiting on both males to mature out which should be next molt...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.