Avic Versicolor/Peru Purple/ Hybrid Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

arachnidsrulz12

Arachnosquire
Well I'm confused still wondering where these, them and those fit in. Lots of tude in this thread and no plausible reasons. To the OP you brag of these high end T's that you have, don't you think time would be better spent on breeding them? My opinion on crossbreeding is just because you can don't mean you should. My 2 cents.
Did I say I brag and why would I want to crossbreed two different species

as again I said I don't like hybrid but found out interesting

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
You realize that if you really want to be responsible, you could have to deal with the slings for up to 12 years? i know, we don't know the lifespan yet, but there is a chance. As someone said earlier, you never know what life will throw at you. But I guess the deed is done. I don't support it simply because I like purebred. When I get an Avic. avic, I want to know it is an Avic. avic (even though you usually don't). If everyone crossbreeds, we will end up with species names like this: Avicularia sp. versicolor, avicularia, peru purple, purpea, with a side of fries. Or we would end up with species like: Avicularia sp. ROYGBIV, Or, Avicularia sp. :confused:. That just seems stupid. You have no way of controlling where these slings go. If you get 100-200 slings, and you keep half of them, the other half go to a lab, or a "responsible dealer/supplier." Beyond that, they get given away or sold. Then they are bred. Then those slings go through the same process. In about a decade or so, Avicularia will no longer be a genus, it will be a species(although there already is an avicularia species). I know, I am just speculating, but not without my trusty friend, logic, who seems to be missing your the OP's situation. I guess all you can do now is hope there isn't a sack, or just take the sac really early and put it in the freezer. I don't want random Avics running around the hobby. I guess it is up to you though:(.

--Dan

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Did I say I brag and why would I want to crossbreed two different species

as again I said I don't like hybrid but found out interesting
I'll share with you what you have shared with others " Read the post before you make a reply". The person that was for replied, so arachnid? stop the chest thumpin no one pointed a finger at you.

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
I for one hope that this female completely destroys the male....rips him to shreds...and throws him out the door.....the simple fact that this thread was even started is really beyond me.....yeah more albogans anyone

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I for one hope that this female completely destroys the male....rips him to shreds...and throws him out the door.....the simple fact that this thread was even started is really beyond me.....yeah more albogans anyone
i was going to make a joke about inception and how once an idea is planted in someone's head... but i gave up, since this is a serious topic. especially since people have already shown interest in these non-accidentally created avic hybrids (shame on you for helping fuel this terrible idea).

it may not solve anything even if the female destroys the male. if this pairing doesn't work out, he's probably going to try with some other avics, since he's getting possible funding/help for his "project".

right...

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
i was going to make a joke about inception and how once an idea is planted in someone's head... but i gave up, since this is a serious topic. especially since people have already shown interest in these non-accidentally created avic hybrids (shame on you for helping fuel this terrible idea).

it may not solve anything even if the female destroys the male. if this pairing doesn't work out, he's probably going to try with some other avics, since he's getting possible funding/help for his "project".

right...
Probably...but we can all hope [st least in this instance] that he has the worst of luck....man I hope he does not have a male cat and a female dog jeezzz

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Probably...but we can all hope [st least in this instance] that he has the worst of luck....man I hope he does not have a male cat and a female dog jeezzz
when I was a little girl I had bunny humping my kitty pretty regularly
nothing happened :(

darn it {D

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Once again, who is at Vanderbilt that would be interested? My guess is that you are making things up to justify your actions. Just like the other ten reasons you gave for doing this. You just keep adding and adding to it. It's kind of like how people cover lies up with more lies.

You also realize that it is sp. "Peru purple" which means it hasn't been narrowed down to single identifiable species right? Good job on screwing things up :clap:

Lorum

Arachnosquire
I just want everyone here to know that my intentions are good
Maybe your intentions are good, but you obviously don't know about science at all. Anyway, you know a lot about having people's attention, don't you?

We often see the argument "it happens in the wild" (...)
I totally agree with that post.

Closure of this thread, and permanently locked, that gets my vote. Anyone in agreement?
+1/2. You know, threads like this are a shame for science, for the hobby, etc. But, maybe threads like this help people to understand why crossbreeding is not a good idea (even when there will be always people who don't understand that, no matter what).

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Once again, who is at Vanderbilt that would be interested? My guess is that you are making things up to justify your actions. Just like the other ten reasons you gave for doing this. You just keep adding and adding to it. It's kind of like how people cover lies up with more lies.

You also realize that it is sp. "Peru purple" which means it hasn't been narrowed down to single identifiable species right? Good job on screwing things up :clap:
I am well aware that sp. Peru purple has not been narrowed down to a single identifiable species...Again I am not new to this and your assumptions and accusations (cause that is what they are) are rediculous. Second I see we live in the same state..I doubt you would be able to hold your ground in a face to face chat instead of behind that computer..You would quickly discover my experience level...And no there is no threat here so just to be clear on that..

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

I doubt that will happen bud...They bred in my lap....She was very receptive and both times the male was very intent on doing his deed...So your best luck would be that she lays a sack and its infertile..or never lays one at all...

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Seriously????Talk about a drama queen :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.