Genus Aphonopelma

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Wont let me edit. I was forced to euthanize the new specimen, which i ID'd as a male. Began displaying DKS-like symptoms, which ended up being a combo of Nematode and small-headed fly infestation.

Poor guy.. It's a shame, because he was so dang beautiful!

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
Unless i missed it, i didn't see any posts about these guys. Anyone own a A. davemustainei? I heard about them a little while ago and thought it was cool.

http://www.nme.com/news/megadeth/67742

If you own one i'd love to see pics! Also, please PM me if you know where i could buy one. :)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Recently got a question on this, so, sadly updating this thread that a kind individual sent me a male for her, I had no breeding experience and my attempts were futile, so with permission I sent the pair off to an experienced breeder who I felt I was friends with at the time, I was told the female needed to molt about six months ago, and never heard back. Guess it was all for nothing. I haven't seen any for sale after this girl, either. She was a good girl, I miss her and hope she's still doing alright where I sent her.

edit: just to be clear, I didnt' ask for a male. The male's owner found me as being the only person he'd seen with an adult female, and insisted that I at least give it a shot. i never would have signed up for an Aphono breeding project as my first. ;)

Last edited:

Odyssey

Arachnopeon
Aphonopelma hentzi, freshly moulted

0.1 Aphonopelma hentzi, freshly moulted this morning

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aphonopelma crappypetstorei ;)

What do you guys think? chalcodes?

Last edited:

Smokehound714