Genus Aphonopelma

Redellimom

Arachnosquire
A. hentzi

My big girl Lydia. She dropped a sac about 2 months ago, but I suspect it was a dud, and she ate it. Have had her and Tiny (the little one below, 5th instar, freshly molted in the picture) about 10 months. She is about 4", Tiny is a little bigger than 1cm and a year old (slow growing but that's the norm)! Today I went for a bug hunt on our property and found 8 more tarantulas, from 2cm to 4" in size, but I leave them where I find them. :)
DSCN8860.jpg
DSCN9407.jpg

armyangel93

Arachnopeon
11779981_10154081216874278_4318988321374384733_o.jpg

My first tarantula, just got it yesterday. Aphonopelma chalcodes - a beautiful and sweet T. It's been an absolute angel! And a voracious eater, already. Also, this is its favorite spot to attack prey.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fantastic photos. I'm sooooo jealous of that moorae! But I'm glad to know we have a few specimens stateside. That lil paloma is adorable. I've never heard of sp. cana though, can you tell us more about it?

Mckrizzal

Arachnopeon
I honestly dont know too much about the aphonopelma sp. cana. Some people say it doesn't exist and its just the mooreae, but I believe different. I had a chance to scoop a sling earlier this year, but it was $250 for a 1/4", and we all know how slow aphonos grow. Its also possible the un identified aphonopelma sp. cana is a described Bonnetina species. It definitely comes from Mexico.

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
"Nan" - Aphonopelma hentzi

I've had Nan for 6 & 1/2 years now and she's around 4". Her last molt was last summer but she's still been eating every other week or so. I will be putting up the rest of my tarantulas for sale sometime in the next few days, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that you will never see Nan in the classifieds. I've had her longer than I've had my cat! I just want to see how long she can live and make sure she has a good home throughout her long, slow-growing life. She was the first tarantula I bought and the one that got me into the hobby. She might not be the most exotic or flashy tarantula, but she's my tarantula, and for that I'm thankful.

TheCucuyo

Arachnopeon
My recently acquired Aphonopelma seemanni brown morph, Cocoa. At first I thought she was a G. pulchripes, but when a friend of mine on Facebook shared a picture of their A. seemanni, it prompted me to do more research. Lo and behold.
I'm...pretty sure she's a female...

Cocoa.jpe