Any New Additions?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Wow, that's a cool looking spider. How big do they get, and what are you planning on feeding it?
Sorry, I never saw your post. They only get to be around 2" DLS or just slightly larger, so mine is almost full grown at 1.75". As for feeders, I'm going to try crickets or red runners - something that moves around a lot and will trigger the spider to pop out of it's trapdoor.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Ezendami are very cool. I'm on my second one - the first one died from a sucking stomach issue. The current one is growing fast, though! Enjoy!
I am sorry to hear about your first one, no loss is ever easy.
Thanks I am really looking forward to getting them, I had to get 2 in the hope one is female long shot but 🤞🤞🤞. Always told myself soon as I seen an af when I got my first ow it would be an ezendami . That gold n black carapace is perfection 🥰
Plus I was told they are good starter ow so I took the plunge 😁

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Small order arrived today.

0.0.1 Ceratogyrus marshalli:
P9130038.JPG

0.0.2 Ceratogyrus brachycephalus:
P9130031.JPG
P9130035.JPG

0.0.1 Homoeomma orellanai:
P9130052.JPG
On a 1" grid for scale:
P9130053.JPG

0.0.2 Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus:
P9130039.JPG
P9130048.JPG

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
After a seven month wait for collection and a gut-wrenching two days where FedEx lost the package, I've finally all but locked in a very high priority project by acquiring 0.0.4 Aphonopelma sp. nov slings. Hopefully I'll be able to grow out a male in the next half decade for this beautiful and sassy girl.

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Broke my 'no aboreal' rule and got 2 C versicolor sac mates. I'm nervous but excited about them! Cute little blue things. Feel like I stole them at $40 for both.
20230915_112237.jpg
20230915_111650.jpg

sparticus

Arachnoknight
Broke my 'no aboreal' rule and got 2 C versicolor sac mates. I'm nervous but excited about them! Cute little blue things. Feel like I stole them at $40 for both.
Totally worth it. I love my versicolors, they're so pretty at every stage of their growth.

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
View attachment 455781
View attachment 455782
Honestly why would you even have a "No Arboreal" rule? They have some of the most beautiful and interesting species!

Not that fossorials or terrestrial are any less spectacular.

Good luck with your slings! I love the trio I have.

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Honestly why would you even have a "No Arboreal" rule? They have some of the most beautiful and interesting species!

Not that fossorials or terrestrial are any less spectacular.

Good luck with your slings! I love the trio I have.
I am so in my head that aboreals are a pain to feed. And can be a pain to house if in the wrong enclosure (constantly ripping the web via top opening enclosures).

Figured the best way to debunk the internal myth I've created, is to give them a try. I'm already super happy I got them. So that's promising!

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
Get out of that head!

I love feeding my arboreals just as much as my terrestrials, when your specimen has a strong feeding response and runs all the way to the substrate to snag a cricket--amaze.

My P. irminia are always fun to watch hunting.

Curtis posted a great example of an enclosure in my recent thread that would address that top web issue you have.

I'll stop derailing thread now

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Unfortunately I told myself I'd wait a while before I got any more T's and yet I already have a life list forming. My issue with the common names is that they are sometimes the same between similar or even different species.

Any Diplura sp. (Curtain web spiders)
C.versicolor or some Avic sp.
B.auratum (Mexican Red-knee)
B.emilia or B.boehmei both called (Mexican Red-leg)
A.chalcodes (Arizona Blonde)
C.fimbriatus (Indian Violet)
P.irmina (Venezuelan Suntiger)
P.victori (Darth Maul tarantula)
L.sazimai (Brazilian Blue)
G.pulchripes (Chaco Gold-knee)
P.metallica or P.ornata (Gooty Sapphire) and (Fringed Ornamental) respectively
H.pulchripes (Golden Blue-legged Baboon)
M.balfouri (Socotra Island Blue Baboon)
H.maculata (Togo Starburst)
S.calceatum (Feather-leg Baboon)

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
Unfortunately I told myself I'd wait a while before I got any more T's and yet I already have a life list forming. My issue with the common names is that they are sometimes the same between similar or even different species.

Any Diplura sp. (Curtain web spiders)
C.versicolor or some Avic sp.
B.auratum (Mexican Red-knee)
B.emilia or B.boehmei both called (Mexican Red-leg)
A.chalcodes (Arizona Blonde)
C.fimbriatus (Indian Violet)
P.irmina (Venezuelan Suntiger)
P.victori (Darth Maul tarantula)
L.sazimai (Brazilian Blue)
G.pulchripes (Chaco Gold-knee)
P.metallica or P.ornata (Gooty Sapphire) and (Fringed Ornamental) respectively
H.pulchripes (Golden Blue-legged Baboon)
M.balfouri (Socotra Island Blue Baboon)
H.maculata (Togo Starburst)
S.calceatum (Feather-leg Baboon)
You said you were gonna wait and then grabbed all those?!

😂

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
You said you were gonna wait and then grabbed all those?!

😂
I wish, that would be awesome. That's my list for next order/next couple. I live with some people who don't love spiders as much as me so imagine if I brought that whole list home 🤣🤣, actually dying rn.

This is my current collection and the latest addition is my mature Female OBT-OCF.
2 C.dyscolus
1 P.murinus OCF
1 P.murinus DCF
2 N.chromatus
1 C.cyaneopubescens
1 T.kahlenbergi

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Initially told myself I'd get one maybe two. I was chatting with my buddy who got me into the hobby and I was saying "yep I got an order coming with 7 spiderlings" turn the corner and my fellow tenant, who is a huge arachnophobe, just stares at me with deep concern in her eyes. I got it sorted out in the end otherwise my collection would not exist lol. Looking back we both find it funny and I like to think she is slowly starting to warm up to them.

Last edited:

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
Initially told myself I'd get one maybe two. I was chatting with my buddy who got me into the hobby and I was saying "yep I got an order coming with 7 spiderlings" turn the corner and my fellow tenant, who is a huge arachnophobe, just stares at me with deep concern in her eyes. I got it sorted out in the end otherwise my collection would not exist lol. Looking back we both find it funny and I like to think she is slowly starting to warm up to them.
Something similar happened last month when my dad went with me to an expo. I was chatting with a friend and forgot he stood beside me when I just casually mentioned I had "just gotten an order of 20 slings the other week so I should probably hold back on buying more, for the moment". He just stared at me in disbelief for a moment before sighing in defeat and shaking his head, probably wondering how and why his only child turned out like this, willingly filling her basement with spiders.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Small order arrived today.

0.0.1 Ceratogyrus marshalli:
View attachment 455568

0.0.2 Ceratogyrus brachycephalus:
View attachment 455569
View attachment 455570

0.0.1 Homoeomma orellanai:
View attachment 455571
On a 1" grid for scale:
View attachment 455572

0.0.2 Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus:
View attachment 455575
View attachment 455580
Awwww marshalli 🥹❤, great choices! that psalmopoeus is particularly cute trying to escape up your hand lol 😆 should name her (🤞her) Dori coz she Escapays 🤣

Pamphobeteus sp hexa 4 inch female came 2 days ago, been waiting to try n get a pic to go with her post. 20230916_063409.jpg
N here she is 🥰 welcome to the family Cinders 😊 (my SO has Ember so my girl is Cinders as in hot coals not cinderella 😆)

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
Awwww marshalli 🥹❤, great choices! that psalmopoeus is particularly cute trying to escape up your hand lol 😆 should name her (🤞her) Dori coz she Escapays 🤣

Pamphobeteus sp hexa 4 inch female came 2 days ago, been waiting to try n get a pic to go with her post. View attachment 455853
N here she is 🥰 welcome to the family Cinders 😊 (my SO has Ember so my girl is Cinders as in hot coals not cinderella 😆)
post booty pix pls

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
My new slings came today all the 1-2 cm expected except the sp roatan which was tiny, literally swimming in a vile lol. No Nhandu though as they had ran out .
New babys ;
Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus
20230920_125603.jpg
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
20230920_124656.jpg
One tiny tiny Theraphosinae sp roatan 20230920_130750.jpg
swimming in a dram vile
20230920_130905.jpg
And my first ow ever 2 Augacephalus ezendami
20230920_130046.jpg
20230920_130313.jpg
All were super skinny but we will soon fix that. Welcome to the family little ones, super excited your here ❤

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Ooooh that roatan is adorable!!
And the A ezendami are going to be stunning. I have to read up more on those.