Any New Additions?

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
20230822_111957.jpg
New phormictopus sp full green baby say hi to Pickle 😊 only t to ever try and eat my fingers through the tissue as I was opening the pot and at a whopping 2cm it was adorable 😆 quickly took the worm n gave me the vile in exchange after a quick happy dance.
Thank you @NMTs for suggesting the sp I have a feeling Pickle will end up as a firm family favourite 😊

20230822_111928.jpg
And a bit of a surprise to me I ordered a 3/4cm psalmopoeus irminia unsexed and got an 8-10 cm female 😁 rather chuffed as I only paid £6 for her. Total bargain imo. Say hi to Amaterasu or her butt anyway 😆 She bolted out of her travel tub and hid straight away so I have left her in peace to calm down after her journey.

Welcome to the family little ones 😊

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
View attachment 453452
New phormictopus sp full green baby say hi to Pickle 😊 only t to ever try and eat my fingers through the tissue as I was opening the pot and at a whopping 2cm it was adorable 😆 quickly took the worm n gave me the vile in exchange after a quick happy dance.
Thank you @NMTs for suggesting the sp I have a feeling Pickle will end up as a firm family favourite 😊

View attachment 453453
And a bit of a surprise to me I ordered a 3/4cm psalmopoeus irminia unsexed and got an 8-10 cm female 😁 rather chuffed as I only paid £6 for her. Total bargain imo. Say hi to Amaterasu or her butt anyway 😆 She bolted out of her travel tub and hid straight away so I have left her in peace to calm down after her journey.

Welcome to the family little ones 😊
Congrats! Enjoy watching your little green bean grow into a giant bean stalk!!

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Got a juvenile B. albiceps yesterday. Wasn't intending on getting a new T but I couldn't resist. Probably about 2-2.5" DLS?

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
Expo day today! No incredible finds but I picked up another large Psalmopoeus victori juvenile I had booked and saw this Nhandu coloratovillosus juvenile and they spoke to me - "take me home!" they said, all cute and stuff - so I got them too. Oh and don't mind the tag, it's in Swedish crowns.
20230826_184638.jpg

zsiciarz

Arachnosquire

Pedipalpable

Arachnosquire
I received 10 new additions almost 2 weeks ago (08/15) but never got around to sharing about it until now. 😅

0.0.1 Aphonopelma chalcodes
0.0.1 Cyriopagopus (ex Haplopelma) sp. Bach Ma
0.0.2 Grammostola rosea “Red” color form
0.0.1 Hapalopus formosus
0.0.1 Nhandu chromatus
0.0.1 Theraphosa apophysis
0.0.1 Theraphosa stirmi
0.0.2 Tliltocatl albopilosus

All are slings aside from the Theraphosa apophysis, which is around 4” DLS at a conservative estimate. Both it and the T. stirmi are shockingly well behaved, and have yet to kick hair at me. In fact, they are overall fairly calm as Theraphosa go. Both are VERY aggressive hunters! Oddly though, the stirmi sling outright refuses mealworm pupae, which all of my other highly food motivated Ts take readily. Individual preference, I guess.

The Cyriopagopus sp. Bach Ma sling has an interesting story behind it.
Specifically, I did not actually order it, and received it due to a mix up, instead of the Nhandu coloratovillosus sling I ordered. When I contacted the dealer about it she said she thought her son accidentally grabbed the wrong vial when packing my order. Which means that someone else somewhere in Canada received a Nhandu coloratovillosus instead of the Cyriopagopus sp. Bach Ma they ordered. 😆

The dealer has been awesome about it though, and will be sending me the Nhandu coloratovillosus sling as a tag-along with the next round of orders that goes out to my city, along with the springtail culture I ordered that was also missing. She told me I was free to keep the Bach Ma sling if I felt able to, which I was more than happy to do.

Though I was certainly not expecting to get my first old world after just 6 months in the hobby, I feel confident in my ability to safely care for it. Thus far it has not given me any difficulty, and I feel no fear or anxiety when working with it. In fact, I am quite glad to have received this unexpected specimen, as it fascinates me with the unique structure it has constructed in its enclosure. For the sake of brevity, I will post more details on how I have it set up elsewhere, but suffice to say it is definitely thriving. As are all the other new additions. I look forward to posting some photos of all of them at a later date.

Last edited:

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Wow! The Bach Ma are beautiful! And I have to get a rosea red asap. They're the last must have on my list.
Other than C versicolor... but I told myself no arboreals.
What a nice order of Ts you got.

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Funny cause that's why I'm reluctant to get an aboreal. The space..
It does make sense that they take up less room. However my vertical shelf space is a tad smaller than my width.
But they're so fluffy! 😍

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
Arriving this month,
0.0.3 Phlogiellus obscurus
0.0.3 Thrigmopoeus insignis
the number of slings for either species might change.

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Well, I ended up with one hell of a catch today.

For those who're aware of my local breeder, he's scaling down (the invert market here in Korea is undergoing some major issues due to overproduction of certain species and other factors), and switching entirely to online sales; he's closing his shop and selling off the majority of the inverts he had on display/as breeders there (he has his own personal collection at home) at insanely low prices. Unfortunately, I only found out about this days after the fact, by which point most of the available inverts had already been sold off.

But I did notice one that hadn't yet been.

Brachypelma are basically nonexistent here in Korea-they're literally never sold by vendors and the only way you can get them is via private sales. So when I saw that a gorgeous B. auratum mature female was on offer, I seized the chance, and paid only abut a third of what I'd usually have to pay for a specimen like that.

Even better, I got six Catageus cf. longispina (which he had ended up taking off from his sales list because he hadn't even realized they were mixed in with his SEA imports) as freebies; because he had no idea what to do with them, he gave all six of them to me, so I now have a potential breeding group of what might be the first examples of this amblypygids on Korean soil.

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
I received 2 New World 'Mystery Ts' from a friend who got them as freebies after ordering online. One looks intriguingly like a A. johnnycashi, the other is a living contradiction. It is at 2.5" legspan so far and looks remarkably like an A. chalcodes, yet is a tong-lunging, hair-kicking, bolt-happy, and threat-posing little bugger. I'm going to try and post a photo if I can manage to borrow a camera/phone with camera, but in the meantime, does anyone happen to know of any A. chalcodes lookalike New Worlds that are generally bitter with life?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I received 2 New World 'Mystery Ts' from a friend who got them as freebies after ordering online. One looks intriguingly like a A. johnnycashi, the other is a living contradiction. It is at 2.5" legspan so far and looks remarkably like an A. chalcodes, yet is a tong-lunging, hair-kicking, bolt-happy, and threat-posing little bugger. I'm going to try and post a photo if I can manage to borrow a camera/phone with camera, but in the meantime, does anyone happen to know of any A. chalcodes lookalike New Worlds that are generally bitter with life?
Aphonopelma moderatum look a lot like chalcodes, especially late in their molt cycle, and they are definitely more high strung...

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
Aphonopelma moderatum look a lot like chalcodes, especially late in their molt cycle, and they are definitely more high strung...
Ach, I know that feel. My mum has a Moderatum that she raised as a sling, and that gal had the worst social anxiety in a T we both had ever seen. She would kick her bottom bald just from seeing the T move in the enclosure beside her own, and when her terrarium was isolated; a single footstep could cause her to skitter, kick hairs, and call the police. It's truly remarkable how creatures of a same genus and sometimes even the same species can have such variation from one another.
If my mystery T, now named 'Chingadera', ends up developing the red bottom and becoming a Moderatum, I will expire.