Lola's picture thread (lalberts9310)

-=}GA']['OR{=-

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I kinda like "hand lick"... reminds me of the Seer in Vikings.
What a great show!

Sorry to deviate...that hybrid cam/irminia is very cool looking, and I'm glad you have it. Someone else may try and breed it and screw up the gene pool. It's good that you view her as a "pet" only. =)

Last edited:

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
-=}GA']['OR{=-;2366212 said:
What a great show!

Sorry to deviate...that hybrid cam/irminia is very cool looking, and I'm glad you have it. Someone else may try and breed it and screw up the gene pool. It's good that you view her as a "pet" only. =)
Thanx man, she's my favourite at the moment, with her colour combination and feisty temperament, she's extreemely defensive and always stands her ground, I have never witnessed her bolt nor is she skittish, and always out, at night she becomes very active as well.. she's very sweet

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
I have a very serious problem with you owning this hybrid!! you had better send it to me so I can lock it away in a display aquarium for safe keeping!!
Ready? ok..1..2...3...go! no seriously, do it!
well it was worth a try.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I have a very serious problem with you owning this hybrid!! you had better send it to me so I can lock it away in a display aquarium for safe keeping!!
Ready? ok..1..2...3...go! no seriously, do it!
well it was worth a try.
Hahahaha sorry man, this girl stays with me for life hehehehe

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Thanx man, she's my favourite at the moment, with her colour combination and feisty temperament, she's extreemely defensive and always stands her ground, I have never witnessed her bolt nor is she skittish, and always out, at night she becomes very active as well.. she's very sweet
Baha message poec not too long back asking him how he housed these arboreals.. he told me he keep psalms and 6qt enclosures.. I told him that idea bothered me as i was new to their speed.. He said actually he uses the 6qt do to the fact that they actually do not bolt most of the time.. So i think thats normal.. X3 i cant wait till mine get an attitude tho xD

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Baha message poec not too long back asking him how he housed these arboreals.. he told me he keep psalms and 6qt enclosures.. I told him that idea bothered me as i was new to their speed.. He said actually he uses the 6qt do to the fact that they actually do not bolt most of the time.. So i think thats normal.. X3 i cant wait till mine get an attitude tho xD
Charlotte takes the cake when it comes to defensiveness and threat postures lol, my P. Irminias are quite co-operative, ive ssen threat poses from them but like twice or trice, my P. Cams are still small, but both of them recently gave me their first threat poses hehehehe

I only had one incident where my P. Irminia (the unsexed one) bolted onto my arm and leaped to the curtain, luckily the bed is against the window, and I do maintenance on top of the bed (I can just imagine if I did it elsewhere such as on a table, it would have jumped and fell to the ground).. but that was the only time I had one bolt out of it's enclosure, otherwise they are very co-operative, and when I do water the slings and do maintenance, I just tap on the side of the enclosure and they retreat into their tube web.. their not a problem if they are out of the way, what helps is if you just move the enclosure or shine a light on the skittish ones to make them retreat..

Last edited:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Charlotte takes the cake when it comes to defensiveness and threat postures lol, my P. Irminias are quite co-operative, ive ssen threat poses from them but like twice or trice, my P. Cams are still smalle, but both of them recently gave me their first threat poses hehehehe
Lucky mine mainly hide xc

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
my adult P.cambridgei female has a giant cork tube in her new enclosure with an opening in the front and back on top. the first night she sealed them up with dirt webs and no one has seen her since.
I assume she is just adjusting to the new cage and not molting but we will see when she finally emerges.
the male I just received Thursday is always out in the open and usually cleaning his feet. no defensive postures, no hiding just cleaning.i could probably play football with his enclosure and he wouldn't stop cleaning himself. i'm not going to poke him to see what happens either though. lol

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Lucky mine mainly hide xc
One of my P. Cam slings is in its web 24/7, the other one comes out every night

---------- Post added 03-21-2015 at 09:25 PM ----------

my adult P.cambridgei female has a giant cork tube in her new enclosure with an opening in the front and back on top. the first night she sealed them up with dirt webs and no one has seen her since.
I assume she is just adjusting to the new cage and not molting but we will see when she finally emerges.
the male I just received Thursday is always out in the open and usually cleaning his feet. no defensive postures, no hiding just cleaning.i could probably play football with his enclosure and he wouldn't stop cleaning himself. i'm not going to poke him to see what happens either though. lol
I got threats from my Irminias when I rehoused them, and the one once gave me a few threats when I walked by his enclosure, my one cambridgei sling gave me threat when I opened the lid haha, the other when I was picking at a bolus stuck to the entrance of his tube web, he kept slapping the tweezers, was so cute.. my hybrid is just a weird T all on her own, I usually feed her, then pick out boluses and refill water dish (with this dry summer we are having I have to refill water dishes constantly), i get threat poses from her everytime I refill the dish, but lately she has been very calm, its actually been a while since she gave me threat though..

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Just bought this pretty little girl. 5" P. Ornata, bought her from the LPS. I actually planned on buying her next week when I got her enclosure ready but couldn't stand the small abdomen and was scared she might be sold by then since she was fairly cheap, so decided to pick her up today. Just gave her two large crickets, she took them both at once hehehe, and added more substrate and clean water bowl to her temporary enclosure (came with a critter keeper, i hate critter keepers). Anyhow all picture I have of her for now, will post more soon. And will post some rehousing pics as well, she's really pretty.

I named her Mia

View attachment 135372

louise f

Arachnoangel
Sounds nice. May i ask what you are getting. Looking forward to see pics of the girl. :)

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Sounds nice. May i ask what you are getting. Looking forward to see pics of the girl. :)
I'm getting 3 Cyriopagopus sp. Hatihati slings, and wanted an m. Balfouri sling as well, but the breeder told me she has a sub-adult female P. Irminia, she molt confirmed her and sent me pictures, since my other one I think is also male, I decided to get the P. Irminia instead, have been wanting a female for a long time now but never got lucky with them..

louise f

Arachnoangel
Nice. The P.irminia are so beautifull with their pattern and color, it looks like silk. Can't blame you.