Lola's picture thread (lalberts9310)

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Yes they are. Even females sometimes. There was a post where someone was sold a "p irminia" and it was very clearly p pulcher. Female too. It happens with avics and hysterocrates. A friend who's a pretty experienced breeder said most h gigas are hybrids because they genus looks similar and people breed them and its just an endless cycle. I think Ceratogyrus also readily mate with different species in the genus too. Your hybrid is very clearly a cross which turned out quite beautiful. How big is she?
It's quite sad.. this girl was sold as P. Irminia, that's why my husband bought her because he knew P. Irminia is my favourite, but he doesn't have any experience with Ts tough.. just shows he listens when I talk about things I like hehehe.. he picked up I like the species and bought me this girl for my birthday because it was labled P. Irminia.. he can't tell the difference between a hybrid and a pure T, but I'm glad he bought her for me and I appreciate it so much, just shows he's interested in making me happy.. and I'm really starting to get a huge soft spot for this girl..

She's 6" stretched out.. I hope she'll pick up a inch or so when she molts again..

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
It's quite sad.. this girl was sold as P. Irminia, that's why my husband bought her because he knew P. Irminia is my favourite, but he doesn't have any experience with Ts tough.. just shows he listens when I talk about things I like hehehe.. he picked up I like the species and bought me this girl for my birthday because it was labled P. Irminia.. he can't tell the difference between a hybrid and a pure T, but I'm glad he bought her for me and I appreciate it so much, just shows he's interested in making me happy.. and I'm really starting to get a huge soft spot for this girl..

She's 6" stretched out.. I hope she'll pick up a inch or so when she molts again..
Thats so sweet! Makes her even more special! My bf has made a huge contribution to our collection as well. My first one was a birthday gift.
Pretty big. She might pick up half an inch or so next molt. They slow down a lot at that size. Maybe 1. Idk since she's a hybrid lol. But that p cam blood will give her a nice size. I just got a freebie sling it's only 3i. So it's far less fragile than 2i, but I just want it to be big alreadyyyyy. Post lots of pics when she molts!

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I'm definitely going to post A LOT of post molt pics.. I'ts so nice to have a S.O. That enjoys Ts as much as you do.. I think I would've died if my hubby was one of those freaked out by Ts and restricted the number of Ts I'm allowed to have..

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I'm definitely going to post A LOT of post molt pics.. I'ts so nice to have a S.O. That enjoys Ts as much as you do.. I think I would've died if my hubby was one of those freaked out by Ts and restricted the number of Ts I'm allowed to have..
It really is! I mean I'm the one that picks them out, cares for them, etc but he likes them. I used to be terrified of spiders. Now I'm terrified of any spider that isn't a tarantula, mygalomorph or the like. It's a start lol. I know the feeling..... I'd die too. I'd have far less than I have now.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Quite a bit of lovely pictures you have going here. Been watching this thread since you started it :) I'm digging it!
I need to update mine, Instead of updating, I always just start a new one, lol. Most pictures in my old threads are from Photobucket, and my account as wiped out and all pictures were gone, I think, I'd have to double check, but pretty sure I'll be starting a new one, again, sometime soon.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Quite a bit of lovely pictures you have going here. Been watching this thread since you started it :) I'm digging it!
I need to update mine, Instead of updating, I always just start a new one, lol. Most pictures in my old threads are from Photobucket, and my account as wiped out and all pictures were gone, I think, I'd have to double check, but pretty sure I'll be starting a new one, again, sometime soon.
Thanx Austin! Yeah you should add a pic thread, would love to see some pics of your beauties:giggle:

Last edited:

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Soo this guy I bought a month ago from a well known breeder in my country, suspected as female. Although when he arrived I had a look at it's vent and suspected otherwise... today I was proven that I was indeed right.. this is by no means the fault of the breeder since she warned me that she couldn't confirm the sex by molt yet, anyhow, so I bought this fella completely at my own risk, knowing it might turn out male.. anyway it molted sometime this morning into a MM (luckily the pricing was very decent) and when I removed the molt from the tube web it darted out of its web, so I decided to take some photos. My other P. Irminia is still sub-adult.. hopefully next molt I could confirm whether it's male or female unless he also matures into MM next molt lol.

I think this is by far one of the cutest things I have ever seen!! I shall now dub him... Sunbob.

View attachment 134914

View attachment 134915

View attachment 134916

View attachment 134915

View attachment 134917

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd love to live in this world where couples both keep tarantulas. Every girl I know is creeped out by mine. Where do I find the ones that aren't? [emoji14]

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Soo this guy I bought a month ago from a well known breeder in my country, suspected as female. Although when he arrived I had a look at it's vent and suspected otherwise... today I was proven that I was indeed right.. this is by no means the fault of the breeder since she warned me that she couldn't confirm the sex by molt yet, anyhow, so I bought this fella completely at my own risk, knowing it might turn out male.. anyway it molted sometime this morning into a MM (luckily the pricing was very decent) and when I removed the molt from the tube web it darted out of its web, so I decided to take some photos. My other P. Irminia is still sub-adult.. hopefully next molt I could confirm whether it's male or female unless he also matures into MM next molt lol.

I think this is by far one of the cutest things I have ever seen!! I shall now dub him... Sunbob.

View attachment 134914

View attachment 134915

View attachment 134916

View attachment 134915

View attachment 134917
he didnt mature, hes just weilding can openers! lol

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I'd love to live in this world where couples both keep tarantulas. Every girl I know is creeped out by mine. Where do I find the ones that aren't? [emoji14]
They're out there! Lol. My bf and I also keep Ts together Half the collection is at my place half at his.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Well the breeder I bought from is a woman I think early 30s or late 20s not sure, she's very well known here in my country.. I myself am a woman, and my husband enjoys Ts just as much as I do.. although I do the feeding, rehousing etc.. all my friends are creeped out by my crawlies, including men lol.. I have only one friend (also a lady lol) that's interested in seeing how they look after each molt.. the hobby in our country isn't that massive and I rarely come across anyone who keeps Ts.. so ya hehehe

Altough I think the breeder I bought from is single.. I THINK, to bad she's here and not there ;P

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 05:43 PM ----------

he didnt mature, hes just weilding can openers! lol
hahahahaha this made my day!

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
Well the breeder I bought from is a woman I think early 30s or late 20s not sure, she's very well known here in my country.. I myself am a woman, and my husband enjoys Ts just as much as I do.. although I do the feeding, rehousing etc.. all my friends are creeped out by my crawlies, including men lol.. I have only one friend (also a lady lol) that's interested in seeing how they look after each molt.. the hobby in our country isn't that massive and I rarely come across anyone who keeps Ts.. so ya hehehe

Altough I think the breeder I bought from is single.. I THINK, to bad she's here and not there ;P

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 05:43 PM ----------

hahahahaha this made my day!
You literally just described my life lol. Im a girl, do all the csre, my friends are terrified of them, and only one friend is interested, except he's a dude.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
nice enclosure reminds me of the old metal ones i have with steel frames they r so cool XD [tho heavier then should be cuz was super thick glass] jelly of the roachies too

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
We made that one with cast acrylic, hehehe thanks pyro, those hissers are really fascinating creatures for roaches.. I recently bought them and they are quite interesting

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
I LOVE the bottle-brush legs on that irmina!! So cute.

A word about the hissers; I kept those for YEARS and I knew others who did also. They're wonderful critters. You may already know this but be sure to wash your hands REALLY well after handling, and use a mask during tank changes. Everyone I know who kept them eventually became sensitive/allergic to them, me included.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I LOVE the bottle-brush legs on that irmina!! So cute.

A word about the hissers; I kept those for YEARS and I knew others who did also. They're wonderful critters. You may already know this but be sure to wash your hands REALLY well after handling, and use a mask during tank changes. Everyone I know who kept them eventually became sensitive/allergic to them, me included.
Thanks for the information! I never knew about the mask thing but I always wash my hands afterwards.. I heard people get allergic too them so I don't work with them too much, I just do maintenance feeding and watering

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the information blueandbluer. I didn't know that and I always hold all of my roaches.

Lolla, your one inch P cambridgei is awesome throwing a threat display. It's hilarious when little tarantula's throw them up like that. I had a 2nd instar H lividum chase my tongs and fingers. She/he was super cute. ;)

Last edited:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Realy?? I didnt think so many held there roaches.. I mean iv taken 3 or 4pics in a single day to freak people out.. But never handle them.. Mainly due to becoming alergic beinga possibility.. If i need small roaches i grab a painters mask and sometimes goggles and shake a single egg flat into my roach feed bin (which lasts me weeks) and for the bigger Ts who need more on the large side, i always hand pick males or big nymphs with my tongs... Id hate to become alergic and need crix YUK

Last edited: