Lola's picture thread (lalberts9310)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Well I have lots of aboreal slings so in the not so far future I'll have to set up more enclosures.. so will def take your advice [emoji14]
The P. Cams grow so damn fast it has been just over 2 months and both are from 1/4" to 1", molted only 3 times hehe
Thats any T sling in my household.. With the exception of these frikkin grammies thats y most get a 32oz right off the bat xD then into a tote afterwords xD

Also ofcourse you can use hotglue or the same silicone to attatch wood or foliage from the top (may do on my p.camb males) so its not cluttered but still "pretty" xD

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Thats any T sling in my household.. With the exception of these frikkin grammies thats y most get a 32oz right off the bat xD then into a tote afterwords xD

Also ofcourse you can use hotglue or the same silicone to attatch wood or foliage from the top (may do on my p.camb males) so its not cluttered but still "pretty" xD
I'll keep that in mind, I actually wanted to glue that thing to the top but it's quite heavy.. so I left it at the bottom.. I think I'll glue some fake plants to the top though..

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Sooooo... got a new camera
so starting fresh and posting new pictures :p aaaand had to delete older pics to share new ones :/

P. fasciata female Mia

poecilotheria fasciata female1.JPG

poecilotheria fasciata female2.JPG

P. Cambridgei sling molting

psalmopoeus cambridgei molting.JPG

psalmopoeus cambridgei molting3.JPG

P. irmina MM

psalmopoeus irminia mature male5.JPG

awiec

Arachnoprince
I love the picture from the male's perspective, it could be the last thing he "sees".

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I love the picture from the male's perspective, it could be the last thing he "sees".
hahahaha with the previous introduction he actually stumbled over the fake leaves as he bolted for his life :roflmao:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
hahahaha with the previous introduction he actually stumbled over the fake leaves as he bolted for his life [emoji23]
"Insert..insert.. All in.. NOW RUN FOR.. BLAAHPH.. *just keeps running because what happens happens*" lol all i could think about with epic tumbling (well summersaulting) at the blaahph xD

awiec

Arachnoprince
"Insert..insert.. All in.. NOW RUN FOR.. BLAAHPH.. *just keeps running because what happens happens*" lol all i could think about with epic tumbling (well summersaulting) at the blaahph xD
They very much are hit and run. I remember mating some wolf spiders and as soon as the male was done he leapt onto me for safety as the female tried to eat him.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Yeah it was quite funny, he actually bolted on me once with the previous breeding attempts, poor thing.. this is actually my first time breeding :p

awiec

Arachnoprince
Yeah it was quite funny, he actually bolted on me once with the previous breeding attempts, poor thing.. this is actually my first time breeding :p
Ah very exciting, my first tarantula project will either be C.darlingi or T.gigas, if the former molts this year then I will attempt to bring some spider unicorns into the world. Should I go with the latter first? Yeah probably but I enjoy a good challenge.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Yeah decided to do my first breeding since I have two MMs and a MF.. so why let the MMs go to waste, I couldn't find anyone to loan them to so yeah I might as well try.. and it's going good so far, just hope she becomes gravid :p

awiec

Arachnoprince
Yeah decided to do my first breeding since I have two MMs and a MF.. so why let the MMs go to waste, I couldn't find anyone to loan them to so yeah I might as well try.. and it's going good so far, just hope she becomes gravid :p
Yeah you're a bit limited on where you can send things but hopefully other keepers in your area will enjoy some psalmos or you're going to have an army.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Yeah you're a bit limited on where you can send things but hopefully other keepers in your area will enjoy some psalmos or you're going to have an army.
at least I can take care of a whole bunch of slings, so if they don't sell fast I don't mind hehe, but there's few people that asked for a few slings

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SWEET!! Awesome job on the mating's there! Digging that new camera too, I bet you are as well. How many times has she been bred now? Is this the second time?

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
SWEET!! Awesome job on the mating's there! Digging that new camera too, I bet you are as well. How many times has she been bred now? Is this the second time?
Thanks Austin! It's the third time with this male, he made a sperm web the night prior to mating so I paired them up again, witnessed two insertions, she's still rejecting the other male, slaps at him and chases him :/, I don't know if it's just my imagination, but it kinda looks like if she's been putting on a little bit of weight, but it could just be me imagining things :|

And the camera is awesome! Looking into getting a micro lens in the future :p

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know if it's just my imagination, but it kinda looks like if she's been putting on a little bit of weight, but it could just be me imagining things :|
Well if that's the case, I would stop breeding them now. Either pass him onto someone next, or get another female. Now is the time to increase food intake, temp, and humidity.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Well if that's the case, I would stop breeding them now. Either pass him onto someone next, or get another female. Now is the time to increase food intake, temp, and humidity.
Okay will do!!! Even if she doesn't become gravid it was a great experience, but I really hope she does become gravid :p I'll keep you posted on her progress :)

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okay will do!!! Even if she doesn't become gravid it was a great experience, but I really hope she does become gravid :p I'll keep you posted on her progress :)
One good way to tell if everything was successful after a pairing is this:

Maybe try one more time, and if its successful and you see an insertion, try to get your girl into a small clear container and look at her burrow. It will be full of, well, his good.
This is the photo of my first female GBB that laid a sac a month ago.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
One good way to tell if everything was successful after a pairing is this:

Maybe try one more time, and if its successful and you see an insertion, try to get your girl into a small clear container and look at her burrow. It will be full of, well, his good.
This is the photo of my first female GBB that laid a sac a month ago.
Ahhhhh I see, thanks for the tip, I'll try one more time and have a look.. I have witnessed her furrow become very "swollen" afterwards, it really bulges out, but never had a closer inspection