Lola's picture thread (lalberts9310)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Tiny is an understatement. They're the size of my E. sp. "red" when I got them, lol :D

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The B. Emilia is the smallest, less than a cm, it's teeeeeeeny, and it's going to take loooooooong to get big hehehe... but I don't mind
I just finished rehousing my triplet of E. sp. "red" females and I'm still amazed at their size. I got them when they were smaller than my thumbs fingernail and now they're still only ~2" - not fully grown yet. I'm guessing you'll have some years before you'll start seing any color on the emilia, too :)

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Nice babies! M. balfouri have been on my wishlist since I started collecting, and you won't regret that B. emilia. Mine is still one of my most striking Ts.

Yeah that B. emilia is about the size my Euathlus sp. "red" were when I got them. Now they're the size of the M. balfouri slings, after nearly a year of having them.

They don't know what the word 'grow' means.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Nice babies! M. balfouri have been on my wishlist since I started collecting, and you won't regret that B. emilia. Mine is still one of my most striking Ts.

Yeah that B. emilia is about the size my Euathlus sp. "red" were when I got them. Now they're the size of the M. balfouri slings, after nearly a year of having them.

They don't know what the word 'grow' means.
You should really get yourself balfouri. I can't wait till mine starts showing colours :p. I never were a big fan of NW terrestrials but I got myself a brachy, I already like it a lot :). Next order will include A.genic, maybe B. albo and gbb

Last edited:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You should really get yourself balfouri. I can't wait till mine starts showing colours :p. I never were a big fan of NW terrestrials but I got myself a brachy, I already like it a lot :). Next order will include A.genice, maybe B. albo and gbb
A. geniculata - totally worth it! Can't recommend them enough...unless the person on the other hand wants to handle. :D

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
A. geniculata - totally worth it! Can't recommend them enough...unless the person on the other hand wants to handle. :D
I heard so many great things about them, so I figured, Ima get one hehe. And yeah I'm a big advocate against handling, the only time my spiders touches my skin is when they decide to bolt onto my hands and up my arms :p

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I heard so many great things about them, so I figured, Ima get one hehe. And yeah I'm a big advocate against handling, the only time my spiders touches my skin is when they decide to bolt onto my hands and up my arms :p
I think "bolting" is the wrong term in case of Euathlus sp. "red", though. :D They just...wander onto you. And sometimes it's a pain in the rear to get them off you again. I don't know, I'm suspecting they like the body heat or something...

Anyways, genics are just great! You'll love that T.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Should probably update this thread with some new pics :)

P. cambridgei/irminia hybrid female "Charlotte" freshly molted

Poecilotheria fasciata female "Mia", freshly molted :love: She's so pretty!

P. Cambridgei male #1 freshly molted (1st pic)

O. sp. "Blue"

P. Irminia male

THAT'S ALL .......... For now :biggrin:

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very awesome stuff Lola.

That P. cambridgei/irminia is drop dead gorgeous. Love the soft coloration on the fasciata too.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Very awesome stuff Lola.

That P. cambridgei/irminia is drop dead gorgeous. Love the soft coloration on the fasciata too.
Thanks Austin! Yeah the hybrid really is something, and a feisty attitude to fit that beauty too! The colour change she went through after her molt is spectacular, I can almost say I have a new spider. Pre-molt she looked completely different. If you compare her pre-molt to her post-molt pics you would think it's two different Ts.

And I adore my fasciata, she has just been a total sweetheart thus far. And she's the T I see the most, she even sits on the side of her enclosure during day, so nice to see a gorgeous T regularly.