Lola's picture thread (lalberts9310)

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Just bought this pretty little girl. 5" P. Ornata, bought her from the LPS. I actually planned on buying her next week when I got her enclosure ready but couldn't stand the small abdomen and was scared she might be sold by then since she was fairly cheap, so decided to pick her up today. Just gave her two large crickets, she took them both at once hehehe, and added more substrate and clean water bowl to her temporary enclosure (came with a critter keeper, i hate critter keepers). Anyhow all picture I have of her for now, will post more soon. And will post some rehousing pics as well, she's really pretty.

I named her Mia

View attachment 135372
Well, now confirmed as P. Fasciata :p

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I LOVE those flamey feet!!
They are currently my favourite species, I had bad luck with my previous two irminias molting out male, but lucky for me the breeder I bought from had this female and even put it aside till I could order her so no one else does.. so I am soooo happy, and she's freshly molted, I feel like a kid with new toys lol!

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Why dont ya have any anchors higher up lalb?
Because that is the only stuff I could find to put in there.. that looks decent enough.. we don't have the fancy stuff you guys have.. which pretty much sucks lol.. I actually chose that peace of decor because it has a lot of anchor points, even tough not higher up but still.. I wanted to add some more plants in there as well but would be crowded and difficult to do maintenance etc :| Idk

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Because that is the only stuff I could find to put in there.. that looks decent enough.. we don't have the fancy stuff you guys have.. which pretty much sucks lol.. I actually chose that peace of decor because it has a lot of anchor points, even tough not higher up but still.. I wanted to add some more plants in there as well but would be crowded and difficult to do maintenance etc :| Idk
To each their own i guess.. When making cambs 12*12 i just made sure i didnt encourage her webbing the doors, i should have new cages coming in soon for my boys (camb and irminia) and theyl be done with same thng in mind... May or may not have driftwood depends iff this guy ever ships them -.- but sticks (hot?)glued to the back can make nice anchors xp

Last edited:

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
To each their own i guess.. When making cambs 12*12 i just made sure i didnt encourage her webbing the doors, i should have new cages coming in soon for my boys (camb and irminia) and theyl be done with same thng in mind... May or may not have droftwood deoends iff this guy ever ships them -.-
We don't even have stuff like cork hides, I just made one for her and am waiting for the silicone to dry out before I put it in there.. I also don't want her webbing up the doors, even enclosures, if you want a proper T enclosure here, you have to build one yourself.. it sucks bad.. and the wood decor in the pets stores molds on the parts that is submerged in damp substrate, why I don't use it.. yep sucks haha

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
We don't even have stuff like cork hides, I just made one for her and am waiting for the silicone to dry out before I put it in there.. I also don't want her webbing up the doors, even enclosures, if you want a proper T enclosure here, you have to build one yourself.. it sucks bad.. and the wood decor in the pets stores molds on the parts that is submerged in damp substrate, why I don't use it.. yep sucks haha
Try online for cork? Also quick tip some people in herp comunity used.. With those hides.. Seal the parts in contact with the soil and no mold ;) makes it easier.. Just little more costly

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Try online for cork? Also quick tip some people in herp comunity used.. With those hides.. Seal the parts in contact with the soil and no mold ;) makes it easier.. Just little more costly
Why I never thought of that, sealing up the wood , thanks for the tip :p

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Why I never thought of that, sealing up the wood , thanks for the tip [emoji14]
No prob. Ivnever had the problem, as i use alot of cork but i always wondered... And somone complained on a forum, he likes his AC and heater but they both suck moisture so his cages had be moist.. One guy said he was gona try hotglue onthe parts that mold and somone said "well if thats your forté but on my logs i add for my arboreals to climb i add a normal coating of calking, takes a few days to dry but is much better then cleaning up the mess" and iv used the trick a few times.. Like the vines in my cambs cage have a paper coating and a wire in the middle... The bottom has a nice glob of aquarium grade on the end, but not attatched to the glass so i can move it if i like ^.^

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
No prob. Ivnever had the problem, but i always wondered... And somone complained on a forum, he likes his AC and heater but they both suck moisture so his cages had be moist.. One guy said he was gona try hotglue onthe parts that mold and somone said "well if thats your forté but on my logs i add for my arboreals to climb i add a normal coating of calking, takes a few days to dry but is much better then cleaning up the mess"
Well I have lots of aboreal slings so in the not so far future I'll have to set up more enclosures.. so will def take your advice :p
The P. Cams grow so damn fast it has been just over 2 months and both are from 1/4" to 1", molted only 3 times hehe