Lola's picture thread (lalberts9310)

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Surprised your not getting torn apart for having a hybrid... Let alone all those rocks in your enclosure! Pretty T tho.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Surprised your not getting torn apart for having a hybrid... Let alone all those rocks in your enclosure! Pretty T tho.
Those rocks were just a setup for photos... as you can see both my hybrid and P. Irminia juvie were taken photos of on those... hybrid was bought for me on my birthday by my husband, was a surprise, but I have had some debate on it being possible P. Cambridgei, so I'm waiting for her to molt to get a good look at the spermathecae..

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I can dig it... The irminia contrasts well against the white rocks for sure. Nice pics!

Sana

Arachnoprince
Even if you do have a hybrid, you said a while back that you weren't intending to breed it of sell it, so I don't see a problem for anyone. You aren't trying to pass it off as something that it isn't and you enjoy it.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Even if you do have a hybrid, you said a while back that you weren't intending to breed it of sell it, so I don't see a problem for anyone. You aren't trying to pass it off as something that it isn't and you enjoy it.
Yep, will never breed or sell her, she's for my own personal enjoyment and she'll stay with me until she passes one day...:happy:

Sana

Arachnoprince
Yep, will never breed or sell her, she's for my own personal enjoyment and she'll stay with me until she passes one day...:happy:
That's a great attitude to have about a potential hybrid. Very impressive to see.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Gorgeous T!! I'm jealous. Those colors together are absolutely stunning.

Honestly, I can't believe people would come here to leave thinly veiled complaints. Very helpful. :sarcasm: If you want to complain about something, just come out and say it.

Lovely pictures my friend. You're lucky to have such a beautiful specimen, and the correct attitude to accompany it. Admire it for what it is, knowing it will never be a viable breeder.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Gorgeous T!! I'm jealous. Those colors together are absolutely stunning.

Honestly, I can't believe people would come here to leave thinly veiled complaints. Very helpful. :sarcasm: If you want to complain about something, just come out and say it.

Lovely pictures my friend. You're lucky to have such a beautiful specimen, and the correct attitude to accompany it. Admire it for what it is, knowing it will never be a viable breeder.
Thanx a lot moxie! I'm very happy to have her.. something beautiful and different, and to top it off, it's a female hehe so I'll have her for years more to come, and years more to admire and enjoy her beauty..:giggle:

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
P. Cambridgei sling having some munchies..
View attachment 134695

Look who came out to say halo, had this one a month and this is the first time I got to see her outside her tube web, she just sat there long enough for me to take a picture before she hurried back into her tube web..
View attachment 134696

Last edited:

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I'm not gonna lie, I don't support breeding hybrids but owning one is different and man, that girl is gorgeous. You're very lucky to have her! Nice pics!

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I'm not gonna lie, I don't support breeding hybrids but owning one is different and man, that girl is gorgeous. You're very lucky to have her! Nice pics!
I don't support crossbreeding either, I don't understand why people would hybridise a perfectly beautiful genus. There's no reason to it. I think it's plain stupidity, curiosity and lack of experience.. Luckily this girl didn't wind up in the hands of a irresponsible person that would try and breed her..

I have seen a lot of threads on here that turned into a violent debate when it comes to owning hybrids.. either she ended up with someone that was going to breed and sell her offspring, or she ended up with someone that gave her a happy home as a pet only, someone who just enjoys her for her beauty.. this is how I see it

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I don't support crossbreeding either, I don't understand why people would hybridise a perfectly beautiful genus. There's no reason to it. I think it's plain stupidity, curiosity and lack of experience.. Luckily this girl didn't wind up in the hands of a irresponsible person that would try and breed her..

I have seen a lot of threads on here that turned into a violent debate when it comes to owning hybrids.. either she ended up with someone that was going to breed and sell her offspring, or she ended up with someone that gave her a happy home as a pet only, someone who just enjoys her for her beauty.. this is how I see it
My thoughts exactly. It's not the spider's fault that it was born. I can understand someone being upset if the owner of the hybrid planned to breed but it shouldnt really be an argument. It actually happens more often than you think on accident.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
My thoughts exactly. It's not the spider's fault that it was born. I can understand someone being upset if the owner of the hybrid planned to breed but it shouldnt really be an argument. It actually happens more often than you think on accident.
I think why it also happens so often is that the less experienced keepers can't differentiate between the males.. especially between P. Irminia and P. Cambridgei mature males since they are very similar in appearance..

IHeartTs

Arachnobaron
I think why it also happens so often is that the less experienced keepers can't differentiate between the males.. especially between P. Irminia and P. Cambridgei mature males since they are very similar in appearance..
Yes they are. Even females sometimes. There was a post where someone was sold a "p irminia" and it was very clearly p pulcher. Female too. It happens with avics and hysterocrates. A friend who's a pretty experienced breeder said most h gigas are hybrids because they genus looks similar and people breed them and its just an endless cycle. I think Ceratogyrus also readily mate with different species in the genus too. Your hybrid is very clearly a cross which turned out quite beautiful. How big is she?