Who's behind the computer - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Crotalus said:
Others dont have the same knowledge as you had when you were a kid and end up blasting their sibling or themselfs to pieces.
And if the parent keep the guns locked away, then the possibility of the kid "discovering" it is gone.

/Lelle
then part of the blame should fall on the shoulders of the parents...and if a kid gets curious enough, they will find a way to get to that locked gun. why shouldn't children be taught how to PROPERLY and SAFELY use a gun??? answer me that :)

PinkZebraBooty

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mad Hatter said:
Back on topic (this thread is for posting pics, right? :) ).... here are some poor quality pics of me (blame the webcam)
Mad Hatter, you look a lot like the Red Queen!

Maggie

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
edesign said:
might want to do some research on that ;) "Where The Red Fern Grows" is an American classic, i forget the author...main character in that book is quite young and through out the novel he almost always has his .22 rifle. Not quite the settler days but not far from it either. I know it's a fiction novel but I'm sure it would not be hard to find some factual evidence of settlers teaching/allowing their children to use firearms. I just don't have the time, got to go to work ASAP (out sick yesterday and slept half the day today).
What validity does a fiction book have? Not a history book is it? You might aswell state a few John Wayne movies as references along with that book.
But ok, let say the settlers did let them use guns.
Vikings allowed their kids to bash peoples heads in with an battleaxe, is that a argument to let that happen now too? Times change, what was necessery back then maybe arent so necessery today.

as for gun accidents...yes, if people would lock up their guns correctly that would indeed help. On the other hand, unlocking a pistol from a gun cabinet and loading it (or putting in the clip) doesn't make much sense if there's somebody in the house who shouldn't be there. .
Get a baseball bat or a dog. Or both.

anyway..case in point, gun accidents are fairly rare (wish i had some statistics to cite), especially in homes where guns are not treated as some mystical object that the children are taught never to touch...but are taught how to fire them and how to use them responsibly as well as all the safety aspects (never point a gun at another person regardless if it's loaded or not, never play with guns, etc).
Keeping a loaded gun in your house is a perfect target for a burgler, then he may use it to murder people. I cant see one logical reason to keep a loaded gun in a drawer, cos what are the statistics your house will be invaded by a burgler when you are at home? Very small i reckon.

Guns don't kill people...people kill people...and the people who kill people WITH guns either do it out of malice or as a result of an accidental discharge (most of the time...there are other circumstances but they are rarer).
Availability to guns is what kill people. Easy access to guns is what kill people.

then part of the blame should fall on the shoulders of the parents...and if a kid gets curious enough, they will find a way to get to that locked gun. why shouldn't children be taught how to PROPERLY and SAFELY use a gun??? answer me that
If you keep your keys locked in a safe your kid has to be a safecracker (or welltrained in using dynamite) to get the gunsafe keys. Unrealistic dont you think?
I think I allready answered why they shouldnt be in the hands of a kid.
Adult hobbys are for adults, in my opinion.

/Lelle

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
for some weird reason, I can't split this thread. Gun talk should go into a gun thread though. On second thought, maybe I shouldn't have posted the Shelby pic in this thread either ;)
Sheri has brought back the gun control thread for anyone that would like to debate guns in the hands of kids ;)
Anyway, everyone has an opinion...let's hear it in the other thread though!
Now, on to more pics, and my apologies for managing to completely derail this thread :eek: :8o

Joe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
edesign said:
"Where The Red Fern Grows" is an American classic, i forget the author...main character in that book is quite young and through out the novel he almost always has his .22 rifle.
Actually, the main character's mother wouldn't let him have a gun until he was older.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You have no idea how much I needed to hear something nice today.

Thank you.

PinkZebraBooty

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
galeogirl said:

Thank you.
Oh, you poor thing. I know those kind of days! So, I have a big crush on you too! You are a dreamboat! You're the prettiest thang I ever did see, and you're smart and funny and nice too!

Do you have a crush on me too?

Circle one:

Yes No Maybe

;)

Love,

Maggie

P.S. Hey, is the picture of you and your daughter with the Pop Tart taken outside your crib? It doesn't look like the hood. Or maybe you're just one of those people who always finds the most picturesque place to hang out, wherever you are. :)

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can hula hoop, how could I not be crushing on you?

Yes, that is in the courtyard in front of my apartment (the manager takes very good care of the immediate property). If I took a wider shot, you could see the cretins hanging out in the park behind me.

They're really trying to clean up my neighborhood, but it's slow going.

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
galeogirl said:

Thank you.
Well, I think you know what I think of you :worship:, don't check who's behind the computer thread for a couple days and almost miss two great pics of you and your daughter, love the one taken at the zoo, too cute of the both of you. Greg

danielr6543

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Been a long time since I posted a pic in this thread, something around 30 or so is a very old pic. Heres a few shots I found lurking around my pc. Its all about the Pantera Cowboy from Hell poster in the background LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.