Who molted today?

Pedipalpable

Arachnosquire
A2516EFF-3C48-40DA-8943-BD7A093B257E.jpeg 625E6881-F78B-4E69-9F95-FC1A3C318531.jpeg 625E6881-F78B-4E69-9F95-FC1A3C318531.jpeg
0.0.1 Pamphobeteus sp. Cascada “Crusher” molted today. Unfortunately I didn’t catch the molt as I believe it happened early in the morning, before I woke up. Looks like Crusher put on a substantial amount of size with this molt, though how much I will have to wait to determine.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
0.0.1 Neischnocolus sp. Panama, about 1.25" DLS.

The levitating exuvia:
P8230028.JPG

Getting adult colors:
P8230031.JPG

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Just walked in to do spider stuff n found my phormictopus auratus Present in probably the silliest position I have seen a t try to moult he has ample space so no idea why he chose there, looks like a grandad getting ready to tell a story to the grandkids on the rug infront of him 😆... t's 🤷🏻‍♀️
20230824_101318.jpg
Gl little man. Will update once he is done 😊

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
Just walked in to do spider stuff n found my phormictopus auratus Present in probably the silliest position I have seen a t try to moult he has ample space so no idea why he chose there, looks like a grandad getting ready to tell a story to the grandkids on the rug infront of him 😆... t's 🤷🏻‍♀️
View attachment 453605
Bottle cap molts for the win! Like it has its own molting recliner.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
Bottle cap molts for the win! Like it has its own molting recliner.
Yep 🤣🤣🤣 he is still just resting like that atm 😂 but I assume moulting will start soon . I wouldn't care but he has lvld his viv so he has lots of flat places he could of settled on but no he needs a bottle cap water dish recliner... he even shuffled his butt down to get comfy 🤣

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
My Grammostola iheringi male, Rune, finally moulted after looking increasingly drab and refusing food for the last couple months.
He put on a good amount of size, too, and is probably close to 5.5-6 inches DLS. Not mature yet though. Also waiting on his future wife Bodil to moult as well as a third, unsexed giant at 8+ inch DLS. 20230824_022829.jpg

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Not mine, but one of my dad's molted the other day. L. parahybana juvie female. Doesn't look like she gained any size though, she's still a little thing.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
All done n dusted, Present (phormictopus auratus) has 2.7 inches on his moult n is now a confirmed male, I will need to get a female now, for him to play with once he is old enough as this sp is one of the few my SO doesn't have a female of 😱 . He did correct his position but not until half way through his moult.
Some moulting pics plus a toe claw pic coz they are so cute n tiny 😆
20230824_120300.jpg
20230824_141513.jpg
20230824_141039.jpg 20230824_145434.jpg
Well done Present 😊

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
View attachment 453605
It looks like he tried to molt on his water dish? Or on a freshly moistened spot, maybe?

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter +
It looks like he tried to molt on his water dish? Or on a freshly moistened spot, maybe?
He has 3 buried water dishes in the sub somewhere and he dug this one out specially to prop himself up on it, no idea why he chose that spot I had moistened the sub the day before but on the opposite side of his viv 😆 he dug the dry sub up dumped it on the wet n moulted in the hole he dug proped up on his recently uncovered water dish... he has always been a strange boy 🤷🏻‍♀️ it's why I love him lol 😁

crazy8legz

Arachnopeon
It’s a boy! My A. Avic is a MM. Not sure if I’m going to just take him to a reptile show I am going to in November or putting an ad up for him. I’m new to the hobby so we got a first timer out here lol.

Attachments

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
He has 3 buried water dishes in the sub somewhere and he dug this one out specially to prop himself up on it, no idea why he chose that spot I had moistened the sub the day before but on the opposite side of his viv 😆 he dug the dry sub up dumped it on the wet n moulted in the hole he dug proped up on his recently uncovered water dish... he has always been a strange boy 🤷🏻‍♀️ it's why I love him lol 😁
A friend of mine always says, “The special ones need the most love”, lol

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
My O.violaceopes sling molted on the 23rd.
This is it's second molt since I got both species on June the 7th. Hopefully I can get a glimpse of it tonight they both are really packing the size on.

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
A few good molts today:

- Another of my Phormictopus sp. "Gold Carapax" slings. One left to go....
- One of my remaining two Chilobrachys huahini slings
- One of my Taksinus bambus trio
- One of my Cyriopagopus sp. "Bach Ma" quartet
- And best of all, one of my Poecilotheria ornata trio, and the one that I wasn't sure if it was male or female at that (looked male initially, but then another of the trio molted and that one was so much more definitely male that I figured this one had to be female). The fact the female carapace markings remain after this molt further seals the deal. I now officially have 1.2 P. ornata.