Who molted today?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Another one of the Phormingochilus sp. Sabah Blue slings:
20230501_070358.jpg

And my Ephebopus cyanognathus (as yet unsexed, but I will sex it with this molt):
20230501_153802.jpg

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
0.1.0 Chilobrachys liboensis (Maolan & North-Hechi locality)

Been waiting for this molt for so long.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
0.0.1 Cyriocosmus leetzi - it's now closer to 1/2" than it is to 1/4" DLS, so that's progress! 😂
20230501_202415.jpg

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Speaking of which, one of my P. everetti slings (the unusually bold one) seems to have molted today, as it has been in premolt for a couple of weeks and for the past week has been a lot less unusually bold in addition to heavily webbing up everything. Just saw a glimpse of unusually pale, seemingly thicker legs.

That said, the heavy webbing makes it basically impossible to see said legs clearly and there isn't a discarded molt yet (but give it time), so maybe it's just wishful thinking. My other P. everetti sling molted at some point in the past month but hasn't tossed it.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Can't wait till mine is that big ! Stunning girl congratulations 😊 . Atm mine is an undetermined size (I haven't seen them for about 8 months) spends 100% of their time in the burrow, I only know we are alive coz the food vanishes 😆 Did yours burrow as a sling ?
Yeah mine burrowed as a sling, but not as much as yours it sounds.
Mine would be out but would bolt to it's burrow every time it's enclosure was disturbed. Also it would definitely do extended time in it's burrow when approaching a mold. Up until about 2.5/3.0" dls. at which time it's disposition changed and it no longer shows any interest in digging. Since then it just chills out in the open. It's very calm and doesn't spook when you open it's enclosure.

Also the spring moltapolooza continues.
Phormictopus sp. Dominican Purple finally starting to show some color.
IMG_20230503_144752296.jpg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
1.0 Phormictopus atrichomatus:
20230503_172409.jpg

0.1 Pseudhapalopus sp. Colombia:
20230502_205040.jpg

Spring moltapalooza is right!

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Well, looks like my everetti sling definitely did molt-making it the only T in my care that has molted twice within the current spring moltapalooza. Hopefully I can get both my everetti slings into the juvenile stage before winter sets in....

One of my C. lividus (out of four) molted today into its 3rd instar. Its two sacmates get into 2nd instar around a week after this one did, so I expect them to molt fairly soon as well, while the fourth (from a different breeder, came as a freebie) is pretty damn thin and nowhere near premolt.

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Its two sacmates get into 2nd instar around a week after this one did, so I expect them to molt fairly soon as well
And right on cue, it's happened.

I expect the third sibling to molt any day now, if it hasn't already.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I guess a watched tarantula never molts... All I had to do was go away for a week!

C. versicolor probably-adult-now is still tightly ensconced in its perfect little crevice, as it has been for the last 6 months, so here's a photo of the evidence:
PXL_20230505_154830417.jpg