Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Who molted today?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by T Frank, Dec 30, 2007.

1. basin79

basin79 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Advertisement
    Not today but it was only today my Theraphosa blondi moved her moult so I knew she had changed her clothes.

[​IMG]

Tucking into a waxworm so it must have been last week.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. I can just barely see into my female P. murinus BCF burrow and she molted! Also my male P. cambridgei matured!
    20191205_095013.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Arachnophoric

Arachnophoric Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

A fuzzy boy! How big is he, roughly?

• Like Like x 1
  4. He was 4.5" before molting, I haven't measured him yet but he looks around 6"

• Like Like x 1
  5. BugCatcherTony

BugCatcherTony Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

Well now, just found that my C. versicolor molted overnight! Legs are still a creamy whitish color so just happened! This is the first molt I've had of a T :shame:

This is the enclosure it came in also, I'm still waiting on the one I ordered to transfer.

20191206_062709.jpg

6. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

I hope you find him a girlfriend -- it would be a shame to let that much floof go to waste.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. I have an adult female I may pair him with. I'm going to an expo on Sunday, I'm going to talk to the dealers and see if there's enough demand right now.

8. Arachnophoric

P. murinus DCF Kigoma molted again! And grew back the leggo the poor little thing lost. Growing like a weed and finally ready to move back into the larger setup. :smug:

20191206_075933.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  9. Ungoliant

I noticed that my Augacephalus ezendami (from @cold blood) put out a molt. I'm not sure when exactly it molted, but I'm pretty sure the molt was not there when I gave everyone a Thanksgiving feast last weekend.

• Like Like x 2
    • Cake Cake x 1
  10. draconisj4

draconisj4 Arachnobaron Active Member

T. vagans, MM
    O. aureotibialis sling
    H. pulchripes sling
    0.1 H. sp Colombia lg.
    T. ockerti subadult, can't get to the molt...again

11. FrmDaLeftCoast

FrmDaLeftCoast Arachnosquire

My most recent molts came from both my Lp's. A presumed male, who turned out to be female. And this weekend a unsexed juvi who turned out to be a male. I'm batting .500 and improving my sexing skills.

LP1.jpg Lp2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Colorado Ts

Colorado Ts Arachnosquire Active Member

My G. pulchripes has buried itself for about 3 weeks now...these silly slings.

13. Ungoliant

My Omothymus schioedtei sling (from @cold blood) just molted for the first time in my care.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. It seems someone replaced my brown Nhandu chromatus with a striped one last night
    [​IMG]
    First time it's molted since I got it!

• Like Like x 3
  15. WolfSoon

WolfSoon Arachnoknight

My female Bumba cabocla put on quite a bit of size and will need a bigger grown-up enclosure! When I tried to take a photo, she dove under her molt mat and I got the message. :bag:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Thekla

Thekla Arachnoprince Arachnosupporter

My Y. diversipes female is moulting as I type. Finally! I haven't had a moult in my collection for quite some time. ;) Now, I hope the others will catch up...

17. Arachnophoric

One of the two little C. fimbriatus slings molted literally the day after arriving. It took a great deal of care and patience to rehydrate and untangle the molt (maybe an inch in legspan at best), but I managed and much to my delight, I now have a confirmed female. :D

• Like Like x 3
  18. Tim Benzedrine

Tim Benzedrine Prankster Possum Old Timer

Huh. My N. chromatus s'ling had its first moult in my care last night as well. Apart from peering up at it through the bottom of the delicup, where i could just barely make it out, I have yet to actually see the spider. It has been beneath the substrate since I got it close to two weeks ago and went right back under after moulting. Judging by the size of the moult, It probably is not sporting much in the way of markings yet

m_IMG_9001.jpg

19. Hoxter

Hoxter Arachnoknight

H. pulchripes and P. cambridgei suspect male molted today.
    Wasn't expecting them to molt during one day but that's a nice surprise. I'm looking forward to see how much the second one has grown up. I'm expecting maybe 4-5" now.

20. Arachnophoric

Had 3 - female M. balfouri, hitting 3"+ and finally starting to sport those adult colors, as well as my C. lividus and H. pulchripes slings; both appear to be male looking at their molts.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.