Who molted today?

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Phormictopus sp. green has flipped! Will be keeping an eye on it to make sure everything is a ok and hopefully some of that green comes through...

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Had a couple molts to better a crummy day which included

Cyriopagopus albostriatus seems to have molted, in that what I can see of her looks bigger/more vibrant. Hopefully she'll harden and venture out for food soon so I can get a good look at her. Tig is always a gem after a fresh molt.

Tliltocatl albopilosum, tried to sex the molt, saw something that's either a gonopore or the very translucent beginnings of uterus externus. Bean isn't really much of a bean anymore!

20191123_211656.jpg

And lastly, my Pterinochilus lugardi - Asriel is now a confirmed female. :)

20191123_211459.jpg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
A few days ago, my mature female Neoholothele incei politely put her molt outside her burrow.

This morning, I found that my mature female Avicularia avicularia had just finished molting. I noticed that her legs looked skinny, and when I looked into her retreat, there was a second set of twinkle toes.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
P. formosa and C. marshalli, both have to be sitting ~2" now. Molt on the marshalli to torn to sex, but there's at least a noticeable button of a horn now! :astonished:

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
This is actually a “Who’s Molting Today”. It’s not done yet, but I caught my C. sp. hati hati in the act, on the surface. This is a first for me. I keep several Asian specimens, but up to this time they have all molted in their hides or burrows.

Sorry for the poor quality, but I had to shoot through the enclosure and webbing so as not to disturb it.

5B1C6F70-E858-49C9-B1A6-DC2D21796CEB.jpeg

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
SEVERAL molts over the last few days. :wideyed:

11/24/19
C. marshalli, now roughly 2". :)
P. formosa, also sitting near 2". :D

11/25/19
P. metallica, 3-3.5" and molt-confirmed male. :grumpy:
P. murinus Mikumi, 2" molt-confirmed female! :smug:
P. sazimai, going from .5" to maybe .75" if I'm being generous.. :rofl:

11/26/19
AF N. incei gold, meaning no double-clutching this go around. :rolleyes:
P. sp. rufus, was about 1" prior to molting so I'm excited to see how much she's grown! :kiss:
P. striata, a solid 3" now it'd seem. :hungry:
T. violaceus, suspect male who I'd been expecting a molt from soon. ~2.3-3" now. :drunk:
T. albopilosum Nicaragua, finally nearing the 1" mark! :happy:

And last but far from the least, my ~4" P. miranda who I'd been thoroughly convinced based on the ventral was male, molted and is now apparently a molt-confirmed female! :astonished: I keep double checking and expecting the spermathecae to disappear...
20191127_093430.jpg

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I could've sworn I posted this on Tuesday morning, but I don't see the post. I found that my Poecilotheria regalis sling (from @cold blood) molted. At first I only saw the molt, which was hanging from the dirt curtain. The sling was so well camouflaged that I only saw it when it moved as I picked up the enclosure to look more closely.

Its legspan has increased by 50%.

cold blood

Staff member
I could've sworn I posted this on Tuesday morning, but I don't see the post.
You posted it, but on another random thread..lol....I recall seeing it Tuesday morning as I was leaving for work....hehe...forgot all about it till now.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
It looks like my juvenile female Davus pentaloris recently molted as well. She looks bigger, and I see a new-looking molt in her webbing.